Endline Supporters Section for Next Year

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by hehe, Oct 15, 2007.

1. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    hey guys,

next season i'd like to try getting an endline supporters section going. ive sat in the GA sections enough to see there are plenty of the people there itching to stand , sing, and show their support for the galaxy. its tough when you're surrounded by people who are content to sit for 90 minutes though. it would be nice to build on the support that LARS and the Galaxians have built. with the kind of attendance LA has, there is no reason the atmosphere and passion at HDC cant rival the likes of DC or Chicago.

i think if we got an endline section going it could easily snowball and take off. i figure the best way to make this a reality is just get start getting names. so if youre interested just leave a name, email, whatever. after a while lets see what we got and go from there.

do it.

2. Snapshotgalaxian

Snapshotgalaxian New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Don't worry - the Galaxians will be joining you next year. Come over to our tailgate sometime. Unfortunately there will probably only be a post-tail gate party Thursday.

3. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck.

4. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget about the Golacktikos...there may be some empty spacecraft of theirs lying around to commandeer and get people aboard onto...

Good luck!

5. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im personally a fan of the japanase style supporters group

like it better than the latin style and euro style

check out the urawa red diamonds supports

unbelievable!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5AG0_Ycl78

start something like that style(drum leading the chants not some drum banging 24/7)

i personally like that they keep the big flags along the first row doesnt block everyones view, although they do have flags everywhere.

6. Galactic_Gooner

Galactic_Gooner New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    West Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this sounds like a great idea. I was looking forward to this sort of thing happening when the "Golaktikos" showed up, but they mysteriously vanished.

I think Chicago is a great model in terms of supporters groups. They have dozens of them, each with a different vibe/flavor. All props to LARS, but different strokes for different folks and LARS definitely has is vibe that might not be for everyone.

It might be late for the NYRB match, but how about plan something for the post season if we get through? If not then plan for next season.

It sounds like maybe the Galaxians are ready for a move away from 137 so maybe a great start there a GA group/groups to start up.

7. chitrader

chitrader BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2002
    Hell-Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense, but there are lots of season ticket holders who don't want the banging drums of certain supporter groups next to them for the whole match and will try to keep those groups away from their seats. I think that was one of the reasons that the Galaxians and LARS were put together this season.

8. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and it's one of the reasons the Galaxians are so unpopular with the other supporters. Random drumming REALLY sucks.

9. Galactic_Gooner

Galactic_Gooner New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    West Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the Galaxians have a leader? I have been able to observe some other supporters groups from the inside and I can't believe that the Galaxians have allowed themselves to be so marginalized. LARS has obviously thrived this year.

This is in no way to bag on the Galaxians, but I can't really even tell that there is a second supporters group when I am at the HDC. I do see a guy with the crazy hat wandering around (is he a Galaxian?) from time to time.

I know that the FO doesn’t want supporters groups spread out in prime season ticket territory, but would they be opposed to drumming and bouncing and chanting in GA (like the Legion at Sh*tvas matches)?

10. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    if we could just get a group of a couple dozen people next year, thats enough to get something going. just stand and sing.

and scarves up
    [​IMG]

11. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, I think that was the idea behind the Goalacktikos, except they started with a bunch of kids who had to be driven to the Victoria Street by chaperones, bless their li'l hearts. Give it a go with a solid core of people who are motivated to get to the stadium on their own and you will gain momentum. Notably, there are several kids who can't drive in LARS who take mass transit to and from the games. Mass Transit in LA!? Are kidding me? These are die hards. You need kids like that.

Talk to the Front Office about what you want to do. Talk to the other Supporters Groups about what you want to do.

Remember to keep your vision though, because as you start to talk, people will want to tell you how you should do it differently...when that happens, my advice is to tell them to start their own supporters group!

12. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I don't know what's happening with the Galaxians next season. But if they return to 137 (which I wouldn't be against, but they might), then you guys should consider lobbying for 139. Even if it was until you could get your numbers up. That way, at least you'd have a relationship with the other two groups.

13. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Japanese are notorious for picking up their style as mix of (mostly) Euro ultras and South American barras.
    There's no Japanese style just cos they live on different continent :)

14. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ohh i guess thats what i mean then i like the mix of both not just one. i assumed it was their style since they were doing it. But like i stated before something like that style would be great.

15. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmmm, I beg to differ.

I feel Japanese are a lot more choreographed than the So American or European, and very very visually explosive. I think that their techniques are their own though they are not afraid or ashamed to borrow from anybody anything that fits their appeal.

That's my opinion after watching Japanese sports for years while i lived there.

16. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to 139 would actually be a good idea IMO. 138 is pretty much full and we might as well expand and make that our supporters corner.

17. John Kevin W. Desk

John Kevin W. Desk New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    There's a very simple solution, satisfactory to everyone. Let's hang them from the upper deck as a sacrifice to Odin, and let his ravens feast on their eyeballs.

18. DeStruCtiON18

DeStruCtiON18 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    what about a group in the lawn? That way we can throw our piss cups from above when we play chivas.:cool:

19. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If you went to 139 - you would be dwarfed by LARS.

Now that the Galaxians are nearly extinct, I think it's about time LA created a new second supporters group. DC has had the Screaming Eagles and Barra Brava on opposite sides of the stadium for years. It makes for a great atmosphere throughout the whole stadium.

My advice would be that if you let the Galaxians join you, don't let them run the show. There are good reasons why their numbers have been decreasing.

If I had season tix on that side of the stadium, I would not want them next to me pounding on their drums like little retarded kids either.

No offense meant to little retarded kids.

20. RogueFC

RogueFC New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Hell A
    Having a group in GA would be a definite plus in terms of cost. I can't swing season tickets because of time commitments but being able to get to a game for cheap would probably bring more numbers quicker.

21. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002

22. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think that going to be an issue for lots of us next year. I cant renew right now because quite frankly im broke. Pricing of the section is going to definitely determine where i sit next year. So if someone decides something in GA is going to happen then cool. but please if your going to have drums. use them to start chants. not bang on them all game.

23. WBrown_DC_United

WBrown_DC_United New Member

Oct 20, 2007
  24. Rodneyd

Rodneyd New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to Salt Lake a few weeks ago, and they have a group in the South End Zone that bangs the drums the WHOLE GAME, I had to move to get away from them. On ther other hand, their main supporter group has drums they use one in a while, which is great.

The point being is that I like the drums, but not the whole game; and I am a Galaxian. And, I for one do no like the all the Spanish chats, once in a while OK, but not all the time. Now for the benefit of F'n Chivas, a few well worded chants in Spanish are necessary. I sat the second half in 137, and the LARS was chanting in English, and the Galaxian were chanting in Spanish- not good.

Like a Cab driver told me in Itay, "In Italy you speak Italan." This is the U.S. we speak English.

25. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

[​IMG]