Empieza la Copa: Boca Juniors vs Toluca de México, Wednesday February 13th.

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Feb 11, 2013.

1. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who can we use to replace somoza? Is erbes up to scratch?

As great as somoza was when he first came here, he hsnt performed for a while now, and we need a strong number 5 to make this work. Somoza must have the best pass completion rate in world football (to the opposition)

Talking aout roncaglia, did you see his goal from the halfway line a few weeks ago?

RIQUELME10 repped this.
  2. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Erbes I am not convinced by but he may come good.I would be tempted to try Erviti in Somoza's spot.At least he brings abit of energy.Sanchez Mino, Erviti,Ledesma with Riquelme as enganche is our best bet for midfield. Up front I would play Viatri and Martinez and at the back I would just hope those attacking players would keep the ball as far away from our back 4 as possible lol

3. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Been away for a while what with fatherly duties meaning I cant realy stay up all night to catch the game. This was shown on ESPN over here and I managed to catch it. Sort of wish I hadn't now though.

My take on the game was that it was obviusly hugley poor. My biggest concern and surprsie was how poor technically Boca where. From first touch to pass accuracy, it was poor to the say the least. The lack of imagination is a worry and Roman can't go on forever, and really Boca should be at the stage now where other members f the team can take responsibility for creating chances and knowing when to slow the game down to allow space to open up, or when to play a quick killer pass. Paredes may become that force, but their has to be more than one player wth some spark of ability or creativity. Erviti for all his running wasn't able to pull any strings, Somoza does what Somoza does, and I feel he may be becoming more of a hinderance than a help at the minute. Erbes doesn't play the creative mecurial role and his talents aren't suited to it, maybe as said a role as a number 5 would suit him. Martinez, its early days really and he may come good when he beds down into the team. Acosta again may form an understanding with Martinez and become an asset. Silva is a funy one he works hard, is physical and offers an out ball, but in my opinion thats also his downfall, when he plays, the defenders especially, seem to hit a long ball to him time and time again, which negates the midfield and hightens the chances of the opponents getting the ball back, Tolouca for example hardly hit long balls from back to front and kept possesion much better then we did.

The defenders really need to learn to defend, Cellay and Caruzzo are poor and cost more goals then they stop. Burdisso, I think has a ton of potential he needs to learn about positioning and commanding his backline but his distribution is good and he doesn't shy away from receiving ball. What I wouldn't give for a calm and experienced head like Schiavi to be leading the defence and helping Burdisso develop.

All in all I think we rush the game far to much I know we are at home and should be on the front foot, but if we constantly keep giving the ball away and banging long balls into Silva then more often then not it comes straight back at us. We need to learn to be patient at times, keep the ball better and draw teams out, because we aint gonna get very far if we think we can just outmuscle teams all the time, at some point, Boca as a team with or without Roman need to develop a certain finesse and style with which they can dominate games through technique, possession and the determination and passion it has running through its blood.

4. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I am surprised a Bianchi coached team played so poorly in terms of technique and game strategy. I hope it's due toBianchi being new to the team and not because he lost his coaching skills.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You guys pretty much nailed last night. The best way to support a poor defense is by controlling the midfield which in turn means keeping the ball and dictating the pace of play. We did very little of that throughout the game. What's scary is the lack of depth we have at the back compared to years past. Once we get Sanchez-Mino back I wouldn't be against trying him as left back and moving Clemente to the right side and giving Magallan a chance to play next to Burdisso. I'd rather we blood the kid now than wait too long.

That said, I stumbled across one of the riBer threads and they got a chuckle out of our loss last night. Really not a big deal aside from how rich it is for a team who's biggest accomplishment in the past five years was getting promoted from La B back to the Primera. I wonder how they'll do when they kick off their Libertadores campaign.......oh wait, they still have to qualify.

6. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Too much River in this thread......

Toluca put up a hell of a performance though, which was quite unexpected out of a team currently in 12th place 5 or 6 games into the season. It may mean something bad, it may not I guess we will find outgoing forward. I guess you just gotta say hats off to Toluca, I doubt they'll win another group game seeing as how it's a good group. Really stupid back end play from Boca though, I think that fact makes it a little more hopeful that their back end can put itself back together. I just realized that sounded sexual but was not intended I promise.

Moishe repped this.
  7. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Too much river in any thread considering river no existe:D

Im joking, i know ur here in peace

Spot on about hats off to toluca, they knew exactly where our weaknesses are and just kept picking at it until they got their goals.

I like the idea of sanchez mino at left back, but the problem there is that clemente isnt as effective on the right side, and sanche mino is better in midfield.

Btw, nice to see im not the only english bostero here! We have a nice little collection now.

8. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Come on man, remember the mess of a team we had with falcioni, now take away the two guys who helped keep that team together, roman and schiavi, you cant expect him to come in and perform miracles from the word go.

9. BocaLiverpool

BocaLiverpool New Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Is there a game on tonight?

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yup. Starts in a bit less than two hours.