Emerging Portuguese Players 2013/14 WC Year

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by The Special One, Jun 30, 2013.

1. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    I hope he continues to play well because otherwise he just becomes ' another preto', right?

2. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Why would you even waste your time posting that?

Z please don't respond. This is a terrific thread.

3. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Why not?

Z is a racist and he needs to be confronted as one.

What does it have to do with the thread?

A lot actually. See he's the type of fan, there's many of them mind you, who loves to focus on the players skin colour, race, country of birth and so on when things don't go we'll. So as long as a player, like William Carvalho, plays well and does what he's told then his nationality, race, colour, whatever is never questioned or ridiculed. But as soon as things go wrong or the player makes a mistake or whatever, then you know what happens.

So I hope William Carvalho continues to play well for his sake, because if he doesn't then he just becomes another preto. Just ask ask Quaresma.

4. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    William Carvalho is a beast.

So cool and collected. Switches the ball beautifully. Great defensively.

Looks like a rock in the middle. Unfortunately for him Veloso is manning his position for at least a few more years.

5. Dan82

Dan82 Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Hopefully Paulo Bento has the balls to call up William and Adrien. Both have been "Pre-Convocado" by Bento but we'll have to wait until Thursday to see if they make the squad to face Northern Ireland and Brazil.

I doubt Bento will drop the 2 Rubens, because both are represented by Super Agent Jorge Mendes.

6. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    William will be hard to leave out, Adrien may have to wait for Amorim to be banished to the B team for his call.

7. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Anyone know anything about Ruben Vezo from setubal he's a cental defender born in 1994 aparently quite a promising player

8. Dan82

Dan82 Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Portugal's Under 17's are playing in a tournament in England in preparation for Under 17 qualifying.
    Portugal beat England 3-1.
    Quite impressed with Sporting Striker Alexandre Silva. He scored 2, the first being quite impressive. Hopefully he can become a quality striker.
    http://www.zerozero.pt/jogador.php?id=115635&epoca_id=143

Managed to find some highlights, but it's from the English FA website, so it really only shows England's chances but it does show Portugal's goals.

9. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Romario "Roma" balde has looked sharp since his non selection for the under 17s seleccao, he was amazing at the Aegon cup for benfica and has scored a double last week for the juniores. We have some serious talent coming through at the moment.

10. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    According to Turkish and Portuguese media, Galatasaray bought Bruma. Turks saying 12 million euros, Correio da Manha saying 8 million plus add ons. This is ultra disappointing for me. He will never be the player he should be.

A Bola and Record both reporting Tiago Ilori to Liverpool for 7 million is basically done. I think he went too early, but I'm happy about this move. Would like to see him loaned back to Sporting this season and get more starts under his belt.

11. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No way Bruma goes to Gala...no fracking way. I refuse to believe that.

He's staying with Sporting.

Ilori to Liverpool..depends on how much of a breakthrough chance he gets.

12. geeko1979

geeko1979 Member

May 7, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    who cares. I'm not convinced he will improve in Turkey. Besides, looks like he only cared about the almighty dollar bill! His departure will open the door for others.

13. Dan82

Dan82 Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Now that Tiago Ilori has signed with Liverpool, the English FA are now trying to get Ilori to play for the English National Team. They are going to possibly meet with him this week....could be a big blow if he develops and fulfills his potential.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-FA-arrange-talks-new-Liverpool-defender.html

And Raphael Guerreiro has failed to even show up for Portugal's Under 21's. Not notifying anyone from the Portuguese Football Federation and giving no explanation.
    He's been a regular starter for L'orient and has been very impressive. Possibly, he's opted to play for France now...who knows.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=425418

14. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ilori will play for Portugal.

represented them at every level and turned down past advances from the English FA

Rapheal Gurreiro...yah that would be a blow, but he played in the last friendly....

15. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I seriously doubt that. Back in 2010 he was rooting for England in the Euro...

16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you do realize Illory is born in England of Portuguese/Nigerian origin?
    his mum was portuguese thats it.

he will play for England, F*k him anyways.

17. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I do realize that, but for every level he has played for Portugal.

I'm sure the English FA arn't complete retards (hard to believe I know) and have quietly approached him in the past, as they've been calling up his club mate Eric Dier the past 2/3 years.

18. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Too late. Deal is official.

19. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    All of a sudden you say ******** him when recently you were licking his asshole. Be consistent with yourself.

20. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I doubt Ilori will play for England. Gurreiro I hope is some sort of miscommunication. He the best LB prospect we have and one of the best LB prospects in Europe.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    he only played for Portugal because he was taking advantage of one of the best football educations available to a young footballer: Sporting Clube de Portugal.

now he got his goal of going back to England, he wants to play for the Queen mother and the glory of britannia.

leeches like him love to use and sponge off Sporting, but they are missing out on the start of the 2nd golden era of Sporting CP which is on the way.

22. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rapheal Gurreiro was injured, according to Lorient.

23. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ya....either he impresses and transfers quickly to a better club or his career is over.

24. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    #74 The Special One, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Thank god, I seriously think this kid will displace Coentrao over the next couple of years, he is so solid in all aspects of the game. Don't think he will be at Lorient past this season if not in January.

On the Ilori issue, England is in a world of pain over the next few tournaments they seriously have nowhere near the talent coming through that other major nations have, they may try their best to steal him but if he has half a brain he will see that portugal has a much better prospect over the next 10 years of silverware than England, I honestly see him and Figureado as the future of Portugals central defence. We are well served in that department so I guess if he really wants to go he can f@$k off . Wearing a national team jersey is a privilege not a entitlement.

25. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    In better news Carlos Daniel who came through Lerias system has signed for maritimo. Much heralded player who much was expected of when he made his liga debut at 16. Born in 1994 still very young but will hopefully make an impact at maritimo