Eliminatorias Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by FLFootballFan, Jun 22, 2010.

1. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Starting WCQ VS Brazil, our NT has always somehow performed well. Heck, I remember Pinto being called a genious after pulling out a 0-0 result, where it looked like we were the Brazil squad(yes another lackluster finishing match by our NT). But starting out with 1 point vs a possible 3 point win has been a psychological downer in the past. This is especially the case as I think our squad would be exhausted or even overhyped by the time they played Bolivia---all due to that Brazil opener. We would then be back to square one and all fans felt pretty deflated. All teams open up in the exact same way with the exception of Colombia. Also gives the DT a few days to view his opponent in action (they open up against Uruguay), so again it does give us another preparatory advantage. Bolillo has just been handed a great deck and I hope he doesnt screw us (again).

Do we have any confirmed frindlies?

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Today bolillo said in the interview....THat he prefer not to play firendly in vacations, because he think that his players deserve to rest...And he dont want to "manosear" players that he wont call up to the WCQ

3. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Brazil won't participate in the WCQ. Colombia will have a rest day on that day. It would have been nice if they would have come up with a draw for a new schedule.

4. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know minus, that's my point. Starting off EVERY WCQ against the #1 opponent gave us a huge disadvantage IMO

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not just that. IMO the CONMEBOL had to change the schedule every qualifiers. We have to play Uruguay, Chile & Paraguay in a raw at the end of every qualifiers, simply not fair. and when we know that all the qualifiers are usually decided in the last minute, this is a huge disadvantage. Hopefuly we won;t need it, and secure our berth before.

6. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Does anyone knows if we are surely going to host in Barranquilla?

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No se sabe donde a ciencia cierta todavia......Por lo que se insinuo en la entrevista de caracol, la sede parece que no va a ser fija, pasando por todo los estadios de colombia

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well... Martino quit the Paraguay job today. I wouldnt mind him in the future!

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ahora rezar para que villar se lesione para el partido con colombia

10. corazonazul

corazonazul Member

Jun 29, 2007
    canada
    aunque termino jugado muy metido atras consiguio resultados, me gusta la actitud del tipo y sobre todo hasta el tecnico del strongest de bolivia tiene que ser mejor que bolillo

11. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Con muy poco consiguio bastante mira las alineaciones que uso en el Mundial y las eliminatoria pasada comparada con este Paraguay.... Faltaban varios jugadores...

Segun los Paraguayos el Tata se va a ganar millones en Qatar

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pero no por merito de el por lo menso en la copa america....de villar y de los palos fueron los meritos, por que la verdad ese equipo no fue nada solido, si muy suertudo.

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pepino, we are not talking only regarding the CA. Martino did well with Paraguay, took them to the WC in 2010, led them to QF, their WC record and brought them to the Copa final for the first time since 1979. I would say that he's pretty much succeed. But still I don't think I would prefer him over Bolillo, unlike everyone here think, Bolillo's fault in this failure is not more then the players because them played well beside the first match. We had our chances and some misses were incredible. You cannot put everything on Bolillo all the time. Sure he had his mistakes too which I hope that in the ualifiers and with James we'll look much better. I'm not against a foreign coach for Colombia but not every coach who succee in another NT can be good for us.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dije claro "por lo menos en la copa america"

15. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    all I can say is ...:eek:

What has Bolillo done for Colombia in his career other then piss of his players and present a lackluster showing for the 98 WC....?

When our federation limits themselves to a narrow talent pool of DT, then after a while your ideas, plans, tactics become stagnant. Our current players have reached a very sophisticated point in their profession that requires higher learning and a better prepared DT. In the 80s-90s, our players wouldnt peak until their late 20s, mid 30s.
    Not saying Martino is the answer but the Argentino or Brazil DT should be an upgrade from what any Colombian DT can offer (with maybe the exception of Osorio who has European/American experience), especially when you are instructing World Class players. This is not the Colombia of the 80s where every player plays in the local league. So it's the same circle of brothers: Maturana, Bolillo, Garcia, Rueda, Lara...and then the same happens all over again with the exception of a wild card here and there: Pinto:rolleyes:. (Pinto for example addressed many of his 'foreign legion' players the same way that he would address a bench player like Viafara.) The federation supports these same people because they are puppets for the federation who are in turn puppets of the interests of club owners and agents----lots of under the table negotiations likely take place.

SOOO, how do you break the cycle. You bring in a Bielsa/Klinsman/Markarian type of DT that require transparency and veto type power or they go... That's why this new Bolillo era irks me so much.

1 person likes this.
  16. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    "lackluster"? ... You're being kind, it was a total failure.

True, but unfortunately I don't see it happening... You'll be stuck in this vicious cycle for years, if not decades to come.

17. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At least my future grandkids can see the NT win something ;)

although the jerseys will still probably be impossible to get:p

18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pa que no digan que paso criticando al mediocre ese....

Porlomenos esta convocando a los que tiene que convocar y no quiere jugar con un 10... Se le ven las ganas de evolucionar su toque toque. Mas tecnico de seleccion que Pinto y Lara si es.

No es la mejor opcion pero hay peores....

I guess thats good....?

19. HTOWNKING

HTOWNKING Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Si los pases siguen asi, que se traigan a Ortega tambien!!

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Viendo a james en el sub 20 todavia lo veo biche para jugar de titular abosluto en la seleccion, creia que era un poco mas preciso....Ha hehco buenos partidos, pero pienso que se enreda mucho todavia y es impreciso algunas veces.

21. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Siente la presion de la responsabilidad de "marcar la diferencia" supongo que cuando juege en la de mayores no va a sentir tanto esa responsabilidad, sobre Ortega si pega muy buenos pases y si seria interesante darle mins en amistosos... Pero una cosa es jugar sub 20 y otra cosa son las eliminatorias mas dificiles del mundo....

22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    En Porto, James juega mucho mas tranquilo y facil. Pero en los ultimos 30 minutos del partido esta noche fue un lujo total James - cada otra pelota es pasegol y tambien te lo convierte.

Lo quiero en la sele de mayores de titular sin duda. James impreciso es 2X mas preciso que las otras alternativas...

23. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Por dos cosas, Porto es el mismo equipo que viene practicando todoooos los fines de semana su adaptacion tambien fue imprecionante pero por el otro lado creo que tambien ha influido el hecho de que no siente esa precion de que tiene que marcar la diferencia.

Obviamente me muero por ver a James en la seleccion especialmente que Guarin esta siendo el referente en el medio y le esta cayendo toda la marca en el medio....

24. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Se puede decir lo mismo de Cuadrado y mirelo hay en la seleccion. Lo que importa es que SI hay buen material para una larga eliminatoria. En TODA seleccion hay muchos alti-bajos pero el que triunfa es el que pueda reducir esos puntos bajos lo mas posible. Por ahora James es un jugador MUCHO mas regular que sus otros companeros. Se le nota que tiene mucha inteligencia para aguantar y atacar en el momento oportuno. Por el es que mucho de los contragolpes tienen veneno.

Tambien hay que decir que Franco me impresiono bastante. Este pelado tiene mucha madurez como central aunque me imagino que en esta posicion nos sobran jugadorez. Por ahora, James, Franco, Arias y Bonilla me parecen muy buenas alternativas para la seleccion.