El Superclasico!!!! Boca vs River.

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Oct 8, 2008.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's never too early to start talking about it.

We have to put the ********ing gayinas in their place once again. It looks to me like it's going to be Boca 2 River 0.

AGUANTE BOCA!!!

2. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    I'm that hyped about the Superclasico I thought it was this weekend!

According to reports Boca's new on-loan recruit Figueroa may well make his debut in the blue & gold against the arch-rival & vows to "defend the Boca shirt with all my heart."

Could get interesting.

3. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pretty sure that the match is being shown live on Fox Soccer Channel (English langauge version!) as I'm sure I remember seeing an advert on there for itwhen I was watching a match online the other week. If so, that will make viewing for me online way easier than watching through the likes of justin.tv. Really looking forward to it.

4. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    de la tribuna del gallinero vamo' salir
    tirando tiros vamo' a matar hasta el referi
    yo soy bostero me importa un huevo la federal
    en la fecha diez vamos a quemar el monumental

5. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I was just curious what date is this game on and channel?

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sunday October 19th at 4:20PM (hora Argentina).

If you're in the USA it will be in Fox Sports Espanol, and I think also in the English Fox Sports.

7. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aye I'm sure that the English language FSC are showing the game live (hopefully I'm not wrong). I was watching a live match on there and at half-time, when I was admittedly only paying half attention, there was an advert for the match. Given that I watch FSC online though as I'm in England and not the United States, I could well be wrong. Hope not though as online FSC is good quality sound and picture.

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Thanks reason I ask I have to focus on River Plate for the following week after this game they play Chivas I have to see how Boca will exploite Rivers defense, I also heard Chivas coach will be well tuned in for this one gotta do your homework.

9. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah yes the first leg is on 22nd October, so just three days after this match.

I've been trying to persuade Setanta Sports here in the UK and Ireland to cover the match on Sunday as a one-off, and also trying to get them to show regular live matches, as they show one match each week during the Copa Sudamericana and Copa Libertadores, usually featuring a Brazilian and/or Argentine team. And given that we get weekly live matches from Brazil now on the new sports-betting channel sportsXchange, I'm hoping that they see there is a market for it here.

10. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    i can't wait
    I celebrated the yellow card Riquelme got against Uruguay as much as the goals by Messi and Aguero. He's suspended for the Chile game so will get some rest instead of playing two games in a week and then having to play against River

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't worry, I expect that after the superclasico River will be so demoralized that they will have no fight left in them. :D

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Theirs two guys that are deadly for River and thats Loco Abreu and Falcao
    gotta watch those two

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Abreu can't play against Boca: he's only on River's list of players for the Copa Sudamericana.

14. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    ya like loco said, Abreu cant play, they brought him in only for the Sudamericana since they have 0 chance of wnning the league

falcao has been injured and if you ask me, the main player boca's defense need to worry about is buonanotte and not falcao

15. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Wow so this means Chivas has a chance and a dam good one at that it's not like they haven't played against Abreu before when he was at America but yeah I know he is with a different squad now but hey this is futbol anything can happen right. Hey not to get off the subject I am gonna go to Argentina on Nov 7 thru Nov 10 is their any games going on during that time maybe I can know in advance and don't worry I am not going to take a Chivas jersey or Mexican jersey that would be suicide?

16. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Nah, unless it reads Bofo on the back. :D

17. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Well scince you brought it up do you think they know who Bofo is?
    I would love to throw up the 4 - 0 in palermos face and then do the thing what Argies do with refs grasp their hands for mercy like Italians do that would be funny

18. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    usually the english version is delayed, but they still put live in the top corner.
    just checked the website and fox sports en espanol live at 2pm eastern time, and the english version is show on a 2 hour delay (as usual)

19. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cheers, I'm just happy I get to watch!

20. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008

I too have read that the Superclasico coverage is delayed - better than nuthin' though!

I agree that it would be awesome if Setanta were to also include this famous fixture sometime soon alongside the live broadcasts of the Copa Libertadores & Sudamericana.

I'm taking no chances this Sunday. I'm relatively familiar with Foxsports website but have never used it before for live streaming or delayed coverage of a game before (don't know if you have to register or sign-in etc), and assuming it's vastly superior to the likes of justin.tv - not too difficult that - then the link for this superderby clash would obviously be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

21. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ischia prueba y prueba

A la espera de Vargas, Cáceres y Morel, que entrenarán mañana, el entrenador de Boca sigue buscando variantes para enfrentar a River. En el arco, Javier García le saca ventaja a Caranta

More...

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Re: News: Ischia prueba y prueba

I wonder if Boca sorted out that problem with riquelme and that Paraguyan?

23. Bispham Seasider

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You have a pm!

With Setanta Sports, they were very quick to respond to my email about getting the Primera División, with bad news unfortunately though. Whilst they have the broadcasting rights for Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana, they don't have the rights for the Primera División. In the UK I'm presuming that is because Channel Five still have the broadcasting rights even though they aren't currently showing matches. :mad: No idea about other countries though why Setanta can't get the rights. I will keep bugging TV companies though.....

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm getting psyched to watch Boca kick some ass!

25. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008