El Salvador U23's - Road to the 2016 Olympics (Brazil)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Jun 28, 2013.

1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Uncaf qualifying should start in 2015.

In my opinion Tuco should be in charge of this team. It is good to have stability for a change and keeping Tuco on has in my opinion made him a better coach.

It will be very interesting to see which of the U20 guys are on the team in 2 years

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Honestly I've never been a fan and I think Tuco is learning as he goes just like our players but at the same. He fvcking deserves this opportunity to be the coach. I hope he's the coach as well.

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Agreed well hopefully the U20 reserves bring in some talent for the competition as well as the Pan-Am Games.

4. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Agreed! Tuco should stay!

As for the team as a whole i think we're pretty well rounded, that said there are still some weak spots that might need to be looked at going foward.

Morales for example has done a respectable job, he's never been a standout IMO apart from in the match in the qualifiers v Mexico but it wouldn't hurt to give the other guys a shot (Menendez has been with the U20's for two cycles now, why not give him some game time?) either that or continue looking elsewhere for new talent.

I really like Lemus, for me he's been really consistent and really good player defensively who also does well moving up the wing; he also plays with plenty of heart which i really admire. That said, he has one big problem. His height. If the stats are right then he's only around 5ft 3, and at this level teams will take advantage of that (like Colombia tried to do today). Tough call though cause he's got plenty of potential, sadly it's one thing he can't work on that might bring him down in the long run.

Maikon was a big let down to say the least. I never expected him to come in and be the savior, as it would seem some people did, but i was hoping that he could at least add something offensively which at least in these three games he didn't do. Not saying he's no good, maybe he just had a bad run; but he honestly looked lost, like a boy playing among men, maybe the nerves got the better of him, maybe he was trying to hard to impress who knows, but fact is he needs to adapt quick if he wants to have any chance keeping his place in the side. Cause at this point playing like that, to me, he's not an option. Not even for the bench let alone as a potential member of the starting XI.

Overall i think we just need more depth all around. CM is really the only place we have options, but apart from that...

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    First off yay I can "like" post again why doesn't it let you do that sometimes?

Anyways Maikon did mention nagging injuries, but aside from that I agree he didn't gel with the team correctly I wonder if moving him up top for one game in Peña spot will change things or will Tuco have to go to a 4-4-2 to see if this can help. I think in regards to Lemus he is the best we have at the LB position ATM, I remember in the quals they attempted another LB and he was way worse than Lemus during that time. Now he has improved and upped his game which is excellent. I did expect Tuco to at least give the second and third GK's time in the friendlies but he barely did hopefully in the future they do.

6. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Also one player i'd really like to see get a shot at making the team is Edwin Ortiz. For those who don't remember he formed part of the U17's back in 2009 and for me was easily our best player. He was head on shoulder better than everyone else (including current standout Oliver Ayala); easily at that point in his career way above the rest in terms of development both physically and tactically. Now a days he plays for FESA in the second division. Now as far as i know he has not been called up this cycle, that could be due to form who knows, but a talented player like him really needs to looked at as an option. Especially considering we lack depth at Centre Back.

Also still on that batch of kids from 09, it would be interesting to see the form Ruben Siguenza these days. He did well back in the day and now plays/played (word his he's moving clubs) for the Santa Tecla reserves. Unlike Ortiz, he has been called up by Tuco this cycle (he played as a sub in pre-championship qualifiers), but must not have done enough to impress. Which is odd considering he we lack depth on the wings and he showed good skill and speed back as a member of the U17's. I'd have to break out the game collection and watch those matched again but from memory he plays very similar to Henriquez; only difference is he plays on the left. Now that really wouldn't be a bad option to have so...

And just to save you guys time, i already checked, Ortiz is eligible to play this cycle as he was born in 93. January 1 1993 being the cut of date for players looking to compete as part of the U23's.

7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hey just a question: is anyone gonna make a thread for veracruz 2014? I mean, its just next yr and should be the same base as the WC squad.

8. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010

Last time we put the CAC's even though it was evetually canceled and other games involving what is essentially now our Olympic squad in this thread. I think it makes it easier to track who is potentially on the Olympic squad that way

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    talk about early preparation. Hopefully we don't meet again in the Olympic Qualifiers.. sucked to bounce yall out so dramatically. Would have been cool to have yall there with us in London last year.

10. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ok. Is there anyone in the WC squad that would not be eligible for this Olympic squad?

11. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Most should be right at the limit. My question is will Tuco do another scouting trip in the US as well as the rest of El Salvador since he didn't get to the first time due to time.

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If he does, do you think hell do it for the CAC games? Or wait until the 2015 games?

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hopefully something comes out of this.

Also I'm not liking how people are pushing for Bruno to sign Jairo, been seeing that quite a bit on twitter.

14. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010

Yeah I have noticed that as well. You would think since our previous top prospect just went to sit on a bench and now won't even be in our Gold cup squad people would think twice about sending the next one his way

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  15. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Sadly I think a lot of this has to do with the "what have you done for me lately" type of thinking. Since when you look at the current agents you have the debacle of GMG with Mardo and not only him it has become a reoccurring theme, AV who really the most abroad they have sent someone is Honduras and most don't see it as a success and then Onfield who as of right now has been quiet. So unfortunately this makes Bruno look much better since he is keeping guys in Europe and people see that as a success.

Now moving on Granitto could be headed to Alianza.
    http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.ph...os/alianza/8445-tomas-granitto-en-observacion

16. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Is there any word of any of the guys going abroad? Has there been signs after the words of tuco?

17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    “@bazucapenate: Selección nacional sub 20 inicia su trabajo este lunes a la 1:30 p.m bajo el mando de Mauricio Tuco Alfaro @LPGdeportes”

“@bazucapenate: Bryan Tamacas de FAS y Narciso Orellana de Metapán hab sido convocados para la selección sub 20 a partir de este lunes @LPGdeportes”

“@bazucapenate: Mauricio Alfaro: esta selección sub 20 va a ser nueva en un 80 por ciento. A Narciso Orellana le he dado seguimiento @LPGdeportes”

20. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Good to hear they will be new kids because the u17, let down big time last ! Wait, nvm.

So the team who went to the world cup in Turkey is getting 80% new players :thumbsdown:?

21. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm hoping this mean for the next set of training cycles I doubt he would replace everyone outside of maybe Maikon.

22. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Alfaro is currently in charge of both the U2o's and U21/U23; the latter being the side that made the world cup. So when he says there will be changes to the U20's he doesn't mean the world cup team, he means the next cycle of players when will form the U20's in the qualifiers next year. These are the players which Rugamas coached as the U17's last year. With Rugamas they went on a 5-3-14 run with four of those five wins coming against Nicaragua. That said there's really no surprise that most of the team is cut out of the mix for this new cycle; although then again the players can only do so much with a coach like Rugamas that has failed repeatedly with different groups of players in different cycles over the past 10 or so years so...

mavericks67 repped this.
  23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yall know what kind of squad El Salvador will bring to this years Central America and Caribbean games??

25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador