El Salvador U23's - Road to the 2012 Olympics (England)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by TBR, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Call up for game against Puerto Rico (Feb 22) in El Salvador

The potential call ups from the guys observed in LA aren't included yet.

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    No problem at all with this call up. Sad that Chavarria and Izra are still unavailable.

Not bad that the LA guys didn't get called up. I've been hearing a lot of negative comments about none of them being picked yet which is stupid. The whole purpose of the camp was to see if they had it in them. To see. Keywords. I'm honestly content with the guys at home. Maikon and Cristian Alvarado should get the nod though. We should see if Battuto Punyed would be interested. Hopefully Mayen and Burgos continue growing and get called up for cover. Real stoked on these -23 guys.

3. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We have a solid U-23 team....If we do get any of the gringos, i don't think it will make a difference......we seem to under estimate our players in ES....we are seeing these americans as being the solution. They are nothing but Depth to the team.

4. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Alfaro added 3 players he observed in LA that he would like to have for the Puerto Rico game. The 3 players are: Richard Menjívar, Cristian Alvarado y Maikon Orellana.

There will also be a friendly against the University of Maryland along with Honduras when the U23 squad travels to the USA.

This isn't the final list of players that will be in the preolympic team he is still trying guys out.

5. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Ernesto Lopez who plays in the Argentinian 2nd division club Club Atlético Atalant has been called in for the game against Puerto Rico.

6. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    With Andres Flores playing in Europe, will that jeopardize his spot on this team? That would be a pretty big blow. Also, if Jaime Alas signs with the Earthquakes he might get replaced as well which is an even bigger blow.

Here's to hoping they stay with the u-23 and even call up Burgos and Mayen as depth. However, if they did that would leave the u-23 with like 8 players who play abroad. Which would be too much in my opinion. The other Central American countries have like 0. Sheesh. :D

7. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Skimmed through the last few pages, didn't see this posted...

Universal Sports Network and Telemundo will air the Final Round of Qualification live in USA.

8. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Top Gun, excelent analysis of the games on the last page.

I'm really excited to see how this talent will come to form. It could be really beautiful to see the end results IF everyone is on the same page. So much talent.

9. GonzaMagico

GonzaMagico Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Do you know when the U-23 will be coming to Houston and where they will be staying? I would love to take my two young boys and see them practice.

10. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    They are supposed to head to DC March 9th. They have a game there March 11th against the University of Maryland. There game in Houston against Honduras will be March 17th so look for them to be in Houston sometime after March 11th.

They have added Jaime García for the game against Puerto Rico (Feb 22) he was one of the players observed in LA.

11. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    and also midfielder Richard Menjivar.

haha nahh mate it won't be too much IMO, the more the merrier; the other teams will be intimidated for sure :cool:

12. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm just saying that it might disrupt the balance of the team. Overall the players playing abroad is good though!

13. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa

Thanks bro,
    I think we have a real good base of players in our league. The players that are playing in different leagues or colleges abroad will just make that core of players much better.

I'm very excited about this U-23 squad. I think we will be in England for the Olympics.

All the players that I thought looked good in the game I watched. They all got called up. I think that we are solid on all sides.

14. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I think we can beat usa México Seems strong esppecially the squad just won gold in panamericano and came in 3rd wc u20 but the rest we should beat

15. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Mexico is really tough to beat at home. They can be beat in a neutral site. If we finish first in our group, we won't have to worry about them. We need to take care of our group play, then we will be probably playing Honduras. If you remember we already beat that team, to quality to the juegos centroamericanos. This team is very good, I'm looking forward to waking up at midnight to watch there games.

16. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I wonder why Kevin Mejia, Suglo Dominguez (Ghanian/Salvadoran kid) and a couple others were not invited to this little camp. They are two big strikers who maybe could have done well. Also, Tuco or Israel need to get in contact with Battuto Punyed.

17. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The 2 other keepers for this squad besides Jimmy Cuellar seem too out of shape to be starters. I'm going to give the nod to Jimmy if I'm Tuco. Also why isn't there an opportunity for the kid at UES, Iglesias or Benji Villalobos? We have so many damn kids coming through at the keeper position. Sadly, Diego Cuellar is out of shape and form. He to me is still the number one when healthy. He's said to be working out with the trainers and already lost 12 pounds. To me he will be our starter in Tennessee.

18. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Villalobos is already 23 according to wikipedia. I like Iglesias but he had not been playing much until recently and he had a rough clausura. Hopefully he has a good run and they take him. I have to admit I still find the crop of goalkeepers to be a little shaky.

19. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well, Iglesias possesses the attributes to be in contention. He's at UES which isn't exactly stacked so he's done well for himself at an early age. I honestly think Cuellar is a talented keeper and I'm confident he will keep his spot.

20. Hugo7346

Hugo7346 Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Hello Everyone, Just to answer a few questions. Both Suglo Dominguez and Kevin Mejia were invited to the Camp in L.A, the same applies to Jose Acosta from Canada. They couldn't make it do to their studies at their Universities. Its looking very difficult for Christian Alvarado to join the Squad, as ES is requesting him 3 weeks before the tournament, and LMU is not willing to release him until two weeks before the qualifiers.

21. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If anybody s got links to the game post it.

22. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa

23. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Lineups:

ES: Cuéllar, Mendoza, García, Molina, Larín, Gutiérrez, D. Cerén, Menjívar, J. Alas, Águila, Blanco

PR: Reyes, G. Rivera, R. Rivera, Martínez, Pérez, Vásquez, Marrero, Ramos, Arrieta, Delgado, Cabrero

24. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  25. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Good first half. Easy enough. Jaime, he's just too good for the sub-23. He's been brilliant. Menjivar has done well. Overall I'm pleased but I need more from Mark. Mark Lester has been lazy and is nursing an injury but if he's not fit he shouldn't play. If he's good to go I need to see better play from a bench rotational player to our full mens side. I'd like to see Ernesto Lopez in the second half. What a bummer that Christian Alvarado and Maikon Orellana couldn't make it to this game. They could have been a great add to the team. Especially considering Menjivar was the third best out of the bunch.

Larin and Alas are dangerous together. Isidro and Aguila need more touches.