El Salvador U23's - Road to the 2012 Olympics (England)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by TBR, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Olympic qualifying schedule:

GROUP A (LP Field, Nashville, Tenn.)

Thursday, March 22

El Salvador vs. Canada, 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, March 24

Cuba vs. El Salvador, 4:30 p.m

Monday, March 26

United States vs. El Salvador, 9 p.m.

-------------------------------------

SEMIFINALS (Livestrong Sporting Park, Kansas City, Kan.)

Saturday, March 31

Group B winner vs. Group A runner-up, 6 p.m.
    Group A winner vs. Group B runner-up, 9 p.m.

CHAMPIONSHIP (Livestrong Sporting Park)

Monday, April 2

Semifinal winners, 8 p.m.

2. Torogoz

Torogoz New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Joe Corona got a call from US Under 23 team. He will be playing against us. Interesting to say the least.

3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Watch J.Corona try to switch over to El Salvador, if El Salvador U23 ends up beating them.

What El Salvador's U23 needs to start doing is getting players like D.Coreas, Burgos Jr., Maikon Orellana, and Mayen to train with the U23 team early and see if the coach can actually use these players to make a difference on the team. I don't know what they're waiting for but with Maikon U.S. trying a lot to get his U.S. citizenship to get him to play with the U.S. U23

4. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    wierd i heard few months ago that he was received a call from mexico u 23 so lol he cant make his mind up i wish this game had good of salvadorean so he get boooed

5. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I read somewhere he went to train with Mexico U23 but nothing more.

6. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He got called up for 2 sub-23 friendlys before the panamerican games, played 5 minutes in one and didnt play at all in the 2nd game. Then he got dropped from the final panamerican list

7. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh, then my mistake.

8. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    The U23 squad has scheduled a friendly in Houston against Honduras for March 17.

9. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    FESFUT will be observing players in LA list of players. Thanks to Hugo (selecta talent) for setting it up.

There is also another friendly announced the U 23 squad will take on Puerto Rico Feb 22 in El Salvador.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t3hb4INqKw"]FESFUT visito los equipos de Primera Division para arreglar fechas y campamento de la Sub-23 23/1/12 - YouTube[/ame]

10. Christiano86

Christiano86 New Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Does anyone know where in Los Angeles the camp will take place? Also, any info where we can go view the practice or matches?

11. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010

FESFUT put up the schedule of matches.

12. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Anyone going to the game tomorrow. I'm going, I want to see Maikon play. I hear a lot of good things from him. Also I want to see Garcia play.

13. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    If you could let us know how the guys look out there I know I would appreciate it.

14. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xjjErx0VoY"]Visorias de DT Mauricio Alfaro en Los Ángeles con jovenes valores para Selecciones Juveniles 2/2/12 - YouTube[/ame]

15. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
  16. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    First 10 min no score. Real fast game.

17. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Half time ES 0-LMU 1. When they were plating better, a scramble in the box, MLU scored. They started slow. It took them about 10 min to make there presence in the field. LMU scored 25 min into the game. There is a good right midfielder #21. He is very good, slick too, very fast. The 2 forwards got good size and speed. #12 and 17. Sorry, I don't know any of the guy's names. The goalie looks good too.

18. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Half time ES 0-LMU 1. When they were plating better, a scramble in the box, MLU scored. They started slow. It took them about 10 min to make there presence in the field. LMU scored 25 min into the game. There is a good right midfielder #21. He is very good, slick too, very fast. The 2 forwards got good size and speed. #12 and 17. Sorry, I don't know any of the guy's names. The goalie looks good too.

19. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Final score 3-0 LMU. They played ok, I think playing for the second time together wasn't to bad. There are some good players. ,Abrego, Alvarado and Garcia the goolie. They all had a good game. The best player for us, Maikon. He looks like a stud out there. I hope he plays for us. He plays like Zelaya, but bigger, stronger and faster. Really good with the ball.

1 person likes this.
  20. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa

I didn't know the name of the stopping midfielder. He is Pablo Punyed, I think Alfaro found his stopping midfielder. He is solid with a good touch. He challenges every ball on the ground and up top. #21 is Richard menjivar, very fast and good ball control. On defense I didn't see much, maybe Francisco Ramirez. I was kind disappointed with Linarez. I was looking forward to see him play in the middle of the defense. We are solid on the forward spot with Abrego, Alvarado and Orellana. Carranza looked ok too. Not much went through the right side.

21. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I looked on youtube for any video footage of the two previous games and founded nothing. Great job by Hugo and his staff by the way!

>UNO<

22. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Yes it is, I spoke to him at half time, Real nice guy. he really loves la Selecta and la patria. He really believes in this project. I'm glad I met him, gave me a chance to thank him for everything he does. I'm sure everyone who wants to see la Selecta in the world cup before we die feel the same way. I hope I can make the Sunday game also. I'm not sure if I can, but I'll try my best.

23. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    el grafico has some brief footage up.

Alfaro mentions the 2 standouts are Maikon Orellana and Christian Alvarado.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIqhFE6dTM0"]DT Mauricio Alfaro y Oliver Carranza en El Desempate desde Campamento en Los Angeles, CA 03/02/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

24. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Our U23 team played its third friendly today against the Fullerton Rangers of the CSL. The game finished level at 2-2. We were leading 2-0 at half.
    Seems like Maikon and Christian Alvarado are linking up well up top.

25. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    I watched one of their games. Here is what I think.

Garcia: he can be our starter in th U-23 team. I think he is better than what we have at this time.

Defense not impress with any of this guys. The Italian kid was solid but not great. He plays right back. We have a lot of good right backs already. Center I didn't see much.

Midfield: punyed I think will get a called up to the team. He is solid on defense and a good touch. Richard menjivar plays well. He plays right mid once again we have a lot of players there.

Forward: Alvarado very solid player, good size,speed and skilled. I think he will get called up. Abrego very solid player, good size skills and fast. I think he should get a call up. I would be surprise if they don't. Orellana what can I say about him. Just a pure stud of a player. If they don't cap him right now we might lose him to the US. He will be that good of a player. He is a game changer. He can help them in the olympic trials. It would be a mistake not calling him because he is only 17 or 18.

That's what I thought after the game.
    If anyone got to see the guys, what did you think?

1 person likes this.