El Salvador U23's - Road to the 2012 Olympics (England)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by TBR, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So many headers in this game lol.

2. hondexpat

hondexpat Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    3-2 Honduras>>>>>Rodas

3. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What a great game, full of twists and turns.

4. VivaLaSelecta

VivaLaSelecta Member

Jul 4, 2009
    woodbridge
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Congratz to hon better team today they got the ball in net but the ref was terrible

5. hondexpat

hondexpat Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Great game!!!

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Agree.

This was probably one of if not THE worst reffed match to date in the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifiers.

7. joseph_x

joseph_x Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    As Simple as this! El que perdona pierde! When you miss 2 clear chances, you don't deserve to advance! Great tournament for El Salvador regardless of this outcome, EL SALVADOR showed that they are not going to be anyone's bitch anymore. Maikon, Cristian AL, all of you young salvi americans, euro salvies, australian salvies, mexi-salvies, every single young player with Salvadorean roots who one day wishes to represent this country! Soke this and let this be your motivation to excel and be the best player you can be so that one day you can be out their giving it your add while helping put our country in the world soccer map! Great game and congrats to honduras! Just hate how some of their fans are arrogant and cocky. But I assume the same goes for some of your fans!I am so pumped about our future, hopefully things go forward from here on!

8. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Proud the boys played their hearts out . They had the chances, however they came short. La Selecta can stand up to any team now ! Classic game !

9. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    These boys are champions. They left it all on the pitch. Very proud of them. Good things to come for our mens NT from this group.

10. eldude

eldude New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I love the fact that El Salvador was clearly the better team. Something else I noted was the way they played relaxed and calm when they were down. Unfortunately, the ref was horrible and we didnt score when we had the clear chance.

11. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    those two miss goal herbert sosa and edwin sanchez man if we could of make one of those man anyways good game like i said before the game marulfo sucks as ref but what can you do anyways we were so close yet so far away defense didnt do well

12. senorhenriquez

Aug 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Marrufo suspended twice from the MLS not too long ago? Why they handed officiating duties to him for Olympic Qualifying is beyond me. Anyway, very VERY proud of La Azulita.

13. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Worldwide twitter trend #RoboAElsalvador

@Joecorona15 tweeting about karma and what not. What a disgrace that guy is...

14. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He clearly is bitter . His not even going to make the usmnt senior squad

15. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    And if by the slightest chance he does and happens to come play at el cusca...they are going to eat him alive.

16. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We played BRILLIANT, i couldn't be anymore proud of how we played. But on the real... was the ref blind??? He was supposed to red card that Honduran guy, and I'm pretty sure he deprived us of a penalty shot in the 2nd half. :rolleyes:

Ah well we can still go for 3rd place, most likely against Canada. If we play a little better against Canada, then I know we'll destroy em. :cool:

17. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    There is no 3rd place game. The one great take away is that these guys are going to be on our national team for the next 2 world cup cycles at least and there are young guys behind them to be excited about as well.

18. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    well happy with the efforts of our guys but its time for something big in our country i thought today we would of gotten to the olympics but thats over its time for the world cup qualifer i am hoping we do history its time for have some joy in el salvador and not say so close but we didnt make it

19. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Would've been good if there was a 3rd place game, they would've owned Canada :rolleyes:

Our boys surely have been noticed since we eliminated USA; I'd like to see some of them go to Europe cos they clearly deserve to. Until then, we have the WCQ starting in June; we need to organise as many friendlies as possible before then, so we are completely prepared. We didn't make it to London, but we might make it to Brazil...

20. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    We played poorly. If anyone thinks we played brilliantly they are kidding themselves. There were times where our tactical abilities were evident and we were better team for a lot of the game but credit to Honduras. Those guys are very strong and physical and always seem to get the better hand even if our skills and tactics are better.

The fact that Larin didn't play played a bigger part than I thought. All of their dangerous plays came from that left flank. It left me with a bitter "what if" moment. Oh well. I'm disappointed in these guys. Heart only takes you so far. We have talent and tactical ability but we won't get anywhere if continue to have these absolutely terrible mental lapses. We had the players but overall we didn't deserve to advance after today's performance. The reffing was an absolute joke. They had 2 players make fouls that could have seen red when they had a yellow. HOWEVER, that happens. It's football. If we would have gotten the call we might have won but I'd rather not win with a lousy red. But seriously the day we actually learn to finish and put away our chances we will be a very strong team. WE should have won like 5-3. 2 clear chances wasted. Congrats to Honduras. The rivalry looks to have been revived after years of terrible matches.

21. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    El Salvador fought bravely and gave Honduras a run for its ticket to the Olympics. But you guys should be proud, it was a good campaign for you guys come on you guys eliminated USA out of the Olympics. I see good things for ES in the upcoming WCQ and i hope to see you guys in the HEX. Remember this tournament proved you guys got what it takes to roll with the big boys of the region.

22. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Totally agree its unfortunate that in the end someone had to miss out on the olympics....the two sides played a nail biting hard fought game ...no matter who lost could held their head up high...i mean it took the last few min of the second half of extra time to get a result....El Salvador-Honduras will always eb a strong one because both sides will always give it their all

23. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just the road the ES took , great tourney .. something to build on...

i went from High to low... i really want a hollywood ending for the team....

however , strong teams go through hard defeats...

and what i love the most is the availability of the ES team..

watching on TV , players getting interview on radio and tv...

exposure was great ..

but concacaf really killed the morale of the team by Larin thing.

24. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The Great outcome of this for El Salvador was the exposure it received through out the tournament. Im sure now some players will be able to play outside of El Salvador and help develop the national team into a more cohesive and bring a higher level of play. Now you guys have more players you can add to the mix for the WCQ, in some ways this reminds me of Honduras process back in Sydney 2000 when you had guys like Suazo or De Leon that where brought into the national team and they both went on to have careers in Italy.