El Salvador U20's - Road to World Cup 2013 (Turkey)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    The only thing I don't like about this is Tuco will be given undo credit again his coaching mistakes almost cost us advancing and the young guys developed by FESA got us through not Tuco. Good thing is these guys get more games together.

Tuco says he will ask FESFUT to observe players in the USA and try to work with these guys on a weekly basis. http://www.elsalvadorfc.com/2012-07-29-alfaro-quiere-visorias-en-eeuu

Next set of games will be in Febuary hosted by Mexico. So far Mexico, USA, Canada, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama and El Salvador have qualified we are still waiting on 5 teams from the Caribbean to be determined.

2. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Im hoping that they take a look at that kid in Switzerland, Tuco mentioned they were interested in him but then Marvin came on an said he never received any contact about going over.

Edit: Marvin Baumgartner is his name.

3. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously - Tuco only knows what they tell him - I'm sure he doesn't discuss scheme or set plays - however glad team advance to next round - they deserved it

instead of trying to look at others players - lets take a look to replace a coach -

4. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So 11 teams total ?

5. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    12 teams in 3 groups of 4.

Its 3 from NA, 4 from CA and 5 from CFU

6. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    now top spot in each group advance or they continue to top 2 advance for a final 6 goup tourney ?

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Wouldn't it be top 2 plus best 3rd place of groups?

Whoops was thinking groups of four it's top 2 like last tournament.

8. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so i look at last tourney . it seems you have knockout round include.. so top 2 advance of 4 groups of 3 teams then top 6 play the knockout round...

9. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so 4 teams heading to the world cup will be finalized in mexico - thats why its two week long ..

10. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Selectatalent says he got his Salvadorean passport and is now eligible to be called up

11. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  12. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
  13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Good more depth for the team Tuco said he will be keeping tabs on the rest of the players that are in the US. Let's just hope he sticks with two up front and see what friendlies FESFUT sets up.

14. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
  15. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He re-uploaded the video.

slaminsams repped this.
  16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  17. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You beat me to it, I was going to put this up.
    Wasn't Maikon injured for 3 or 4 week though?

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah hamstring, but I say now is the best time to talk to him (I know sounds messed up) that way they can keep in touch instead of up an forgetting about it till last minute like they always do. I think it's more important keeping the lines of communication open.

19. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well if Maikon and Marvin gets a chance for the sub 20 i would be delighted to see them wear
    the Salvadorian jersey well alot of people told me that Maikon is really a good player and always
    plans to win from last feb. Tuco made the trip to California. I just hope Tuco dont be a jerk like
    he did with Dustin Corea and Ernesto Lopez :(

20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    BTW how is Ernesto Lopez doing?

21. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I could understand with Lopez but Corea wasn't ready. At that time Corea wasn't really playing with his club and didn't have much time to train with the team and looked lost with the team but what made it worse is when El Tuco put him in a position he didn't feel comfortable playing in. He works either as a left winger and a forward on the left side. To me he's more of a threat up forward.

Lopez needs more playing time. I wonder why El Tuco doesn't want to call him up with the little time he had on the field with the few times he had the ball the last time he played he was a huge threat on the field. Maybe he doesn't show it during training or maybe El Tuco is just playing favorites.

I rather risk having Agustin Castillo or Juan Sarulyte as coach than El Tuco at least Castillo and Sarulyte will know what they are doing.

I like how Sarulyte with the U17 but after these upcoming games with the U20 they need to find a better coach. One that at least had past coaching experience.

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    From the results I see Tuco staying till after they qualify or not.

I believe Sarulyte can be used to salvage the U17 that way they can get rid of Rugamas.

23. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah, that's what I'm not liking. They're probably going to keep him around.

Sarulyte might not win anything but at least he's a better option than Rugamas and the U17 players might actually learn something from him.

24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  25. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In my view i think Tuco alfaro is complete joke he is a disgrace totally i can't believe they
    still have him in charge of La azulita really you couldn't find a better candidate i rather
    have better a coach knows the league inside and out then someone like this guy i made
    examples the game vs Honduras you would have expected him to make better decisions
    then the subs he made and also the Dustin Corea beef i wouldn't be surprise if Corea doesn't even be called up maybe Ernesto Lopez ''maybe'' i am not sure and i think is guy still plays in Atalanta in primera b of Argentina i am not 100% sure. All im saying i hope this guy does a good job in the pre-world cup.