El Salvador - Road to the 2014 FIFA World Cup [Phase 1]

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by TBR, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Suriname Home Stadium (6,000) :
    [​IMG]

Dominican Republic Home Stadium (27,000)
    [​IMG]

Cayman Islands Home Stadium (10,000)
    [​IMG]

2. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    On a positive note:

If we edge Costa Rica, which we can, and Trinidad also being a weaker side than us, and we place higher than them, the final hex can look like this

1.Mexico
    2.USA
    3.Honduras
    4.El Salvador
    5.Panama ( or Canada )
    6.Jamaica ( or Guatemala )

4th seed playing Asian 5th place team for the playoffs , lets say Iran, Saudi arabia, China.

Im im looking too far ahead but getting through in the 2nd round gives us a good chance to make the Cup.

3. benitoelwerito

Nov 10, 2004
    Toluca
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Once again, time to dream.

4. JohnBlah123

JohnBlah123 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I thought 4th place played OFC?
    Edit: looks like 4th place does play OFC

5. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

yeah thats why I thought, but I guess it was misreported

6. JFG_lancer

JFG_lancer Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Milwaukee, USA
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Mexico and CR will be tough w/o a doubt but this is WCQ.This is our chance to show what we're made of. Plus with this added round Israel will have mire time to fine tune the squad and allow for greater team chemistry. Besides if we can't get past the likes of t&t and CR its perhaps not yet time for the WC.

7. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The campiagn kicks off in Cuscatlan vs the Dominican Republic on September 2nd. Complete schedule, here.

8. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    wierd games are on tuesdays and fridays usually i would pefer the other days like saturday

9. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Exactly how I feel. I'm not too happy about getting placed in the group of death but hey, we have to prove ourselves worthy of going to the WC. The guys have to come through. Let's have faith.

10. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

That's accurate, but based on the performance in the Gold Cup, I think they've got something going.

11. GonzaMagico

GonzaMagico Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Guys,

Let be rationale, we have a slim chance of qualifying to Brazil 2014. We need to consitently beat Honduras and Costa Rica if we have a shot of qualifying.

Don't get me wrong, we played Costa Rica tough last time with a chance to tie the game in San Jose (Cheyo missed a PK) and we lost 2 important points to the USA at home.

I believe we have a shot to make to the final hex, my initial thoughts, we eliminate Costa Rica! T&T with Jack's scandel will not pay their way in!

12. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really ? Oh ready not having faith in our selecta...

Let the games speak for itself and proof everyone else wrong...

thats okay...

World Cup defines , the best of best .....

Lets get ready to Rumble....

im happy to see them challenge themselves ...we will see

13. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If Israel continues to get proper time with these guys and makes these boys believe in his game plan I think we will do better than what we did with DLC. Our home form needs to be impeccable. Our fans will be there like always but the guys need to show up at home. Let's be realistic about it but also we have to have a strong mindset. No more diving, no more time wasting, and no more satisfying with 1 goal leads. The guys have to believe and we can do it. We are capable of beating Costa Rica at away and T&T. We can do this. If we manage to get to the Hexagonal, this edition of the last round will be a lot more comfortable than last time.

14. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If we make it out of that group I have a feeling we would be top 4 and going to a world cup for a 3rd time

15. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I agree. I think if we manage to get out the group we will finish in a qualifying spot for the WC.

16. Torogoz

Torogoz New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

If they change their nutritional and conditioning aspects then I would say we'll have a chance. But if we continue to "drop" physically in the second half of every game then I highly doubt we could make it to the Hexagonal. El Salvador tends to play a helluva competitve "first halves" but during the sesond half of every game, I went back and watched several games from last elimination versus caribbean teams and it was the same, the game vs Surinam we barely won if it wasnt for an own goal we and a sketchy penalty during the second half in that game we looked like an amateur team, tired, slow, and without idea.

17. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They just need intense training. Plus theirs an easier way to train them especially in that country since there are a lot of beaches over there why not have them run on sand for atleast 3 miles to a certain spot & back. That will increase speed, stamina, & leg strength. Certain clubs in El Salvador did that back then but they stopped, I don't know why though.

18. Guanaco_pride

Guanaco_pride Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    We will be without el Cheyo for at least this first round of the WCQ as he hurt his meniscus. He will be out close to 2 months according to El Diario de Hoy...hopefully one of our young midfielders takes advantage of this open roster spot.

Article here (same link posted under Salvadorans Abroad)

19. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Looking foward to maybe see Herbert Sosa take his spot for the time being.

>UNO<

20. chill75

chill75 Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Although I respect Sosa as a player and do not doubt his talent, I fear he might be too inexperienced and immature for the task. He's good, but intermitent (even more than Cheyo and also cheyo's immatureness has been his downfall). One that could get that spot is Baires, and before anyone tells me about his performance in previous games, i consider him to be more calm and collected than anyone with the skill to become a 10.
    Sosa could be up to the task, and will be tried rest assured, but needs to get his act together. If he does his skills could best Baires'

21. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Is J.Odir Flores back playing again with Alianza? Wouldn't be bad giving him some playing time. If not theirs always Edwin Sanchez who can play that position or Paolo Suarez once he gets his citizenship fixed & take Cheyo spot until he gets back.

22. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    No Flores is still out and you would figure its going to take a while for him to get match fit.

23. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I believe osael romero will take the spot

24. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh, yeah!! I forgot about him. :rolleyes: He is out best option right now in that position and he's having a good start in the season in El Salvador.

25. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Yeah true it started very strongly so far with aguila, though wouldn't mind trying either metapan pari edwin sanchez or paolo suarez both are very creative players
    and they would been great to try in the friednlies matches but the genuis running the federation slipped up and blamed it on somebody else