El Salvador National Team//Rumbo Al Mundial

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by R9Kevinr9, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  4. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Estoy nerviosa! I love both teams, but I do want ES to prove they can succeed at this level.

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Even though USA is the best team and is extremely hard to beat. I'm so dissapointed. We should have won, but luck was not on our side tonight. I'm not easily satisfied, and this is tough to take. I'm so happy with our play, but wow. We should have 4 points.

6. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Damn it!!! I knew that at 2-0 they would stop playing and leave the intiative to the USA. The fact that the goalkeeper got hurt was also a major factor. The second string keeper sucked badly, and probably cost El Salvador the game. For all the players with European experience playing on the US, they were very crappy and only looked dangerous from set pieces, well that is until they equalized. All in all, a good performance, but still a big let down

7. chapinesROCK276

Feb 12, 2009
    LA/Guatemala City
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    excelent game, best 75 minutes in el salvador history, so so in the last 15 minutes, PROPS!!

8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Not the best in our history you have to be kidding. We played great and should have won, but we could of played better. So unlucky at the end. But this goes to show all the doubters of my country, we are not as small as you all make it seem. EL SALVADOR POR SIEMPRE!

9. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    I hadnt seen u guys play until today but i was surprised to see how well u guys did! u guys deserved the win without a doubt, its a shame to see the way US tied :mad:

10. chapinesROCK276

Feb 12, 2009
    LA/Guatemala City
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    yea, i really dont have interest in the hexagonal but wen it comes to central america vs mexico or US i get into it and i got into the US vs ES, koo game and interesting, them US players were disorganized throughout the game just like wen they played in Guate...........but them suckas queezed out a W.....:(

11. Nejapa_503

Nejapa_503 New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I cried when Cheyo/Castillo scored man, That's how much I love la selecta!!
    It's still a shame, we should have won, After 2-0 I thought this match was in the bag. But just huge defensive errors cost us. If we had montes still there maybe we wouldve won 2-1. I feel let down, but I'm not out. I still have alot of confidence in la selecta. With this performance, we can beat costa rica, which morale is low over there after the defeat to Mex.

man anyone else saw castillo? damn he got some sick skills, WOW. made fools out of the US and he truly deserved that goal. anyone else think castillo should play in a different league? perhaps MLS?

ARRIBA CON LA SELECCION!!!!!!!!!

<3

12. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, thing is this is probably the only game a lot of non-Salvadorans have seen us play were we've performed to what is expected, or atleast to the level that we the fans know that we can play. I'm sure many saw us play during the UNCAF Cup, but we all know that our level of play during that tournament was extremelly poor. Whether that was a tacital decision not to take it seriously or that we just played bad, who knows. But thing is, now that this game was shown on TV in the US and we played to what we are used to (atleast in the first half) a lot of people will be surprised thinking that we over performed. But truth is we've been playing at this level for a while now, all that we lack is some consistence.

As for the game, i'm actually pretty disappointed. Mostly with JJ, but also with the team in general for being unable to win after being 2-0 up at home. Now IMO, we have a must win in Costa Rica, which will be tough. But if we play the same way we did when we played there last time and how we played today, then i know we can do it.

13. JFG_lancer

JFG_lancer Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Milwaukee, USA
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Haven't posted in a long while but i had to chime in... just wow tonight. As a realist i was sure we were gonna lose by a few but when we went 2-0 i couldn't believe it. I know its not one players fault but i don't care i blame juanjo! Castillo was a beast out there tonight! A very good 75mins but i'm so sick of seeing them go down with "injuries" that are so obviously feigned. It's almost embarrassing. Montes' departure was the turning point and it's obvious he should be the starter vs. costa rica.

I just find it weird that i'm actually disapointed right now. I remember a time when i would post here and be glad if we lost be one goal and had a few shots. But tonight we took the USA, the powerhouse of the CONCACAF and showed them that we can play them. The selection has come a long way in the past few years. After tonight i feel that we can maybe get that third spot or at least squeeze into the playoff.

14. jacortez

jacortez New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    OC/Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Wow...what a game. I am very dissapointed by the final 15 minutes, but you gotta give it up to our guys for showing that we are capable of playing at this level. I think it will give Costa Rica something to think about.

Is anybody else phyched to see Zelaya start??? In my opinion it is about time and he should have always been there instead of corrales. Zelaya made both of those goals happen for El Salvador.

But what's up with all these injuries??? I know some of them might not be biggies, but is anybody else worried??? Cheyo, Zelaya, Montes all left the game...

And Castillo...this guy is truly coming into his own, but too bad he will not be there against Costa Rica. Even though everyone is dissapointed and we could not get the 3 points, atleast we squeezed out the 1 point, which you have to admit that if someone told us if we would take 1 point, we all would have taken it!

But I am worried about the Costa Rica game since it is only a few days away and we are looking in bad shape with these injuries and yellow cards to our top players...we need a win in Costa Rica.

Woulda been nice to get the win today! =o/

15. AiRandy415

AiRandy415 Member

May 25, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ES game made my weekend. I am a little upset that the US came back.

Had a BBQ with both sides of my family and watched both games. My wife's family is from Mexico and they kept saying how much more fun they had watching the ES than Mexicos game today.

We where celebrating like crazy when the ES made their goals. It would have been sweet to see us in first place but all that matters is that we are still in it.

PS) Mad love to my salvis in El Cuscatlan!!!! Representing to the fullest!!!

16. ClipperFan44

ClipperFan44 New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Salvador had a great game. I was in Awe with the ball movement. Sadly the conditioning isnt there for the Selecta players and it was obvious towards the end. I dont think we deserved to tie the game but I will def take it. Castillo and Zelaya are very good players and if they play like they did tonight against the rest of the concacaf teams, I can def see them moving to a foreign country.

PS. Bob Bradley took too much time in biring in ALtidore and Torres.

The faking of the injuries also hurt la selecta.

17. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I hate to blame people but i can't help it. JJ did horribly one both goals. Every player for us did amazingly. I would like to give the biggest props to the two guys who surprised me and that proved me that we have other players that can perform. I was worried when Anaya, Escobar, Martin got hurt. However, Mardo and El Black Martinez played fantastic. Just wow, at everyone.....but JJ. He needs to work hard to earn his spot now. Mudo for the CR game, and i have so much confidence that we can beat them. VAMOS EL SALVADOR SOMOS GRANDE! Y CON EL CORAZON SE GANA!

18. fcdallas2314

fcdallas2314 Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Garland, Texas, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I have to say that was a GREAT crowd! The stadium was rocking! :)

19. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I think it is kind of a good thing Castillo got a yellow against Costa Rica, now he'll be able to play against Mexico for sure.

20. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hopefully Anaya can recover for the CR game, he said he might be ready. I can't wait till Fito is 25. HE WILL BE ONE OF THE GREATS. He is absolutely fantastic. He was amazing, he controlled the ball with ease and calmness and was involved tremendously. Castillo, well he played like he usually does. :rolleyes: BEAST. If the MLS doesn't pay attention to him now, they are blind. Hopefully DC, looks to sign him like they were rumored too. One thing i would like to say, is wow Chele. HE was incharge of defending Donovan and he shut him the F down. :eek:

21. Scientific-Guanaco

Jul 28, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Damn it hurts knowing we could have won this. All those delays stopped our momentum and focus. The way we played, and I know we were more than capable of playing like this, we could beat Costa Rica, I have no doubt. Though it stings to know we let the game slip away, it was far from the route some pundits predicted. Im so proud of this team right now. Viva LA Selecta!

22. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Este miercoles tenemos que ganar contra los ticos. VAMOS SELECTA SI SE PUEDE PAPA! EL SALVADOR SOS LO MEJOR!

23. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Yeah, I think Fito will be our next Diaz Arce, if Castillo doesn't get called up by an MLS team their could be a chance he could play in Europe and yes he was a beast out there like always. Pacheco did a good job too not only in defending Donovan but also Dempsey in the first half when Dempsey was playing on Pacheco side of the field. Donovan pretty much didn't do anything in this game, our defence did a good job in making sure he didn't do anything.

24. ClipperFan44

ClipperFan44 New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the potential makes me smile. I have never seen El Salvador play that well. The Salvadoran in me is proud of the boys. Of Course as a US fan im mad we didnt get the victory, but im glad we got the point, though we didnt deserve it. like i mentioned earlier, the condionitng of the players killed it for ES. That and the stupid delaying of the game. It was bad soccer, that made me disapointed. Even my dad who was rooting for El Salvador said "ya que nos den verga mejor, esas ************s son culeradas" they stillgot some growing up to do. but i see whats you guys talk about now.

me esta convenciendo la selecta!

ps. frankie hejduk rocks.

25. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Hejduk rocks?...Crisitano Castillo was owning that guy with his skills and everything lol. :p Dude DC United really needs to get this guy, I can imagine RFK being filled up again with Salvadorans.