El Salvador National Team//Rumbo Al Mundial

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by R9Kevinr9, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hopefully Castillo leaves Alianza and goes to a club in the MLS soon.

2. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

SOmeone here knows what he's talking about ! I agree about corrales, plus he's past his prime, he doesnt do plays like he did 7-8 years ago, he was gonna be the future, but we've yet to see any golazoz from him. Id rather convert other player to play forward like Castillo. ALso I feel that Escobar improved a lot, he made some awesome plays vs. Peru.

3. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I didn't say we should bunker, i said we should play defensive minded but still attack.

PS. I still can't comprehend why Firpo and you think Rudis shouldn't start vs USA. Who esle could we put up front that could get the job done vs a experienced team. Cheyo is useless up front. Rapado Ayala is to unexperienced. And converting players in the hex would be a recipe for disaster.

FITO AND RUDIS UP FRONT!!!! THAT IS ALL. LOL

4. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well pretty much thats all we have...they should be the starting Forwards if there are no other options... but DLC has to keep on looking for that cold blooded forward who doesnt forgive on the first opportunity he gets, & just trying out Efrain Burgos Jr in a friendly doesnt hurt... I just see the midfield position depth to crowded...Where will he fit in??

5. Hugo7346

Hugo7346 Member

Sep 30, 2008
    NOMINA SELECCIÓN NACIONAL MAYOR DE EL SALVADOR

San Salvador, Jueves 5 de marzo de 2009. De cara al encuentro oficial en contra de Estados Unidos del próximo 28 de marzo, perteneciente a la IV Fase Eliminatoria de la CONCACAF para la Copa del Mundo, Sud Africa 2010, la Selección Nacional Mayor de El Salvador, se concentrará este domingo 8 de marzo, en las instalaciones del Hotel Radisson Plaza, de la capital salvadoreña, a las 7:00 de la noche.

Nomina

1.JUAN JOSE GOMEZ - C. D. LUIS ANGEL FIRPO
    2.MANUEL ALEJANDRO SALAZAR - C.D. LUIS ANGEL FIRPO
    3.MIGUEL ANGEL MONTES MORENO - C. D. NEJAPA
    4.LUIS CASTRO - C.D. FAS
    5.MARVIN RENE GONZALEZ LEIVA - C. D. FAS
    6.ALFREDO ALBERTO PACHECO - C. D. FAS
    7.MARDOQUEO HENRIQUEZ - C. D. FAS
    8.EMERSON DAVID UMAÑA - C.D. FAS
    9.LUIS ALONSO ANAYA - ALIANZA F. C.
    10.OSCAR ARMANDO JIMENEZ CAMPOS - ALIANZA F. C.
    11.RAMON ALFREDO SANCHEZ PAREDES - ALIANZA F. C..
    12.RODOLFO ANTONIO ZELAYA GARCIA - ALIANZA F. C.
    13.CHRISTIAN GIOVANNI CASTILLO MARTINEZ - ALIANZA F. C.
    14.ALEXANDER ESCOBAR ROSALES - C. D. ISIDRO METAPAN
    15.JULIO MARTINEZ - C. D. ISIDRO METAPAN
    16.LUIS MIGUEL HERNANDEZ CAMPOS - C.D. AGUILA
    17.DERIS ARIEL UMANZOR GUEVARA - C. D. AGUILA
    18.ELISEO QUINTANILLA ORTIZ - C. D. AGUILA
    19.WILLIAM JEOANNY TORRES ALEGRIA - C. D. AGUILA
    20.RUDIS ALBERTO CORRALES RIVERA - C. D. AGUILA
    21.WILLIAM OSAEL ROMERO CASTILLO - C. D. VISTA HERMOSA
    22.SALVADOR ARTURO COREAS PEREZ - C. D. VISTA HERMOSA
    23.CARLOS ERNESTO AYALA AMAYA - C. D. CHALATENANGO
    24.EFRAIN BURGOS - UNIVERSIDAD DE SAN JOSE CALIFORNIA (ESTADOS UNIDOS)

6. Hugo7346

Hugo7346 Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Good to see Mardoqueo back. I though he was banned from la selecta after he refused to go about a year ago. He is tall and strong. Julio Martinez is another strong defender. I guess DLC is looking for strong defensive players, considering that we're playing against strong players.

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Castro, Henriquez and Martinez won't make the final list for the qualfiers, but it's good to know DLC is keeping his options open and giving the players a chance to prove themselves. Also keeps the others from getting complacent.

8. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    HAHA you gotta be kidding me, Luis Castro & Mardoqueo Henriquez WTF, Mardoqueo sucks big time, he got juke around the whole last Copa De Oro. Luis Castro who just got back into playing profesionally? So what the effen happen with Monteagudo???

9. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Henriquez is unreliable, IMO. Even if he was to make it into the squad, he'd struggle to get ANY game time. As for Matrinez, well he's a midfielder/winger not a defender. And although he has some good games with Metapan, he's also very inconsistent. And like Henriquez, he'd also struggle to get any game time.

10. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's just a training session. It doesn't mean that these players will get chosen for any of the games in the qualifers. As for those two you mentioned, well i think DLC just want to see them first hand to see if they can offer anything special. But again, i very much doubt, they'll be playing for the national team anytime soon.

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Henriquez, he is all kinds of horrible. But whatever they and the other scrubs won't make the final cut. And won't make our starting 11.

SHAWN MARTIN. :( I'm missing him even more.

12. ozzy1990

ozzy1990 New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    northridge,californi
    Club:
    CD Chalatenango
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would like hear some opinion
    about lester Blanco
    would he been a good player to put in the national team
    cuz as I see him improving and plus he is the leading scorer from the sub-20.

13. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't think he's ready just yet. He's doing well at Chalate and with the U-20's, but he's still got a long way to go. If he continues to keep doing well at either level then i wouldn't mind him getting called up to a senior friendly in 4-6 months time (again depending if he continues to do well).

Obviously he wouldn't be a starter (even in a friendly), but i wouldn't mind him getting 30 minutes at the end of the game to see if he can adapt to playing under DLC's style. If he does well, then he can work his way up. By which i mean, he can get called up more often and ride the bench and wait for his chance.

Even at top form though, he'd struggle to get much game time with the seniors. But if he continues to improve, he could become a regular in the years to come.

14. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Agreed.

15. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

THe problem with this guy is that he is another dwarf, it's sad , too many short players.

16. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, i think thats one of the main problems with most of the selecta players(past and present)their height/strenght it's not made for physical contact, fast crossed-balls, or modern style futbol that the rest of concacaf plays. we are always going to be the underdogs for that very simple reason..i'm pretty sure we all know about these lil problem...damn they are almost too fragile, look at how many key-players are in the "DL-list". we haven't even play the more physical teams yet like.. USA, HON, MEX. :D

17. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I wouldn't consider Mexico a physical team. What is the "DL-list"?

18. beaverseatwood21

beaverseatwood21 New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think he meant Disabled List. Sure the USA has big physical players, but the playmakers are about the same size of Salvadoran players too. Beasley and Donovan are 5'7" or 5'8".

19. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oops! my bad, thanks for the correction guys.. i meant to type the DL but anyways most of you guys know what i meant.;)

20. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyways, who cares about that.. ES players have more huevos.:D

21. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'll have to agree with you on that.

22. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

In One week baby !!!! At last , I'm will be watching the game on TV!!!

23. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when is alvarez expected to play

24. jacortez

jacortez New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    OC/Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Does anybody know what channels will be broadcasting this saturday's game vs USA? I had read somewhere that it would be on ESPN2, but I checked my schedule and it does not show that they will be televising the game on there. I only saw telefutura. So no ESPN2??? I was hoping to see our squad in HD!

25. beaverseatwood21

beaverseatwood21 New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    U.S. Men vs. El Salvador
    Live on ESPN2 and Telefutura
    03/28/2009 7:00 PM MT

that's from the front page of www.ussoccer.com