el-lay sucks!! Part Tres

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by markmcf8, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a PR piece, and that's it.

markmcf8 repped this.
  2. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha ha ha, the truth is already starting to come out. It's typical of Becks and his management team to make the MLS Cup all about this being his last game and where's he going next, instead of about anything related to the team. So the quote below from the end of a Huffington Post article, Arena gives us a hint of the Beckham Experiment:

When asked how Beckham would do as an MLS owner, Arena joked: "He might get rid of the coach. That might be one of his first acts as an owner."
    ...​
    When asked whether he could work for Beckham, Arena cracked: "I've been working for him for the last four years. I'm happy I'm getting a break for a little bit."

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL, Arena said that? How funny! Good for him!

4. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That really made me laugh, glad Arena has a sense of humor.

5. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspected it was gallows humor.

6. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Y'all should really read the Beckham Experiment, which validates all the sordid truths you've half-believed about the filth.

QuietType repped this.
  7. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joke? What joke? Man's just telling the truth.

QuietType and markmcf8 repped this.
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man...Kaká would be a beast if he stayed healthy. Beckham deserves thanks because he did make MLS a viable option for European players.

When are the Quakes going to go after somebody?

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not until they get a new stadium. I don't think too many star players would want to play at Buck Shaw as soon as they saw it. Maybe some reserve, middle of the road 1st (and lower) division guys but no superstars. Seriously though, after this year, do we need them?

11. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... You do. Everyone on the team fizzled out toward the end with a constant need to go to the well and snatch another late equalizer or winner. I ain't talking superstars either. Another Geovanni at least?

alexiskool1991 repped this.
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but Geovanni did nothning when it counted. If we need an impact player, we need someone real and they cost money and an Ibra , Kaka, Ronaldo or even a Sneider will not come to San Jose . Not even after they have a stadium.

13. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! This thread is not for talking about how we, or anyone, owe SpiceUnderwearBoy our thanks, or who the filth might sign to replace him. This thread is about how and why el-lay sucks!!

Here's an example:
    LA Blows. (Warning: Nasty language in this article.)

UCLA sucks, their news organizations suck, well, points to the UCLA Student paper.

I pray every night for el-lay to be made to pay for their water, to get a clue, to stop being such self-absobed jerks, and for their soccer team to suck like Antigua Barracuda FC.

GO QUAKES!!!

- Mark

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm the last one to praise LA , Beckham and LAndy regardless of who they are or what they represent.

15. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the spirit!! SpiceUnderwearBoy sucks! Narcissus sucks!! WhinnerKeane sucks!! Everyone and everything in el-lay sucks!!

GO QUAKES!!
    F$%^ el-lay!!

- Mark

16. NorcalSoccerRule

Aug 21, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    See the "who would you pick as a realistic 2nd dp" thread. Though buying DP-salary players isn't being discussed right now. At least by me.

17. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    How is that we landed George Best back in the day? The Epicenter will be a quicker drive to Pacific Heights than HDC is to Beverly Hills.

18. bri637

bri637 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    San Bruno, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fingers crossed for LA's MLS Cup record 5th loss!!!

19. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be cool, but I doubt it.

20. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would down vote this if I could.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was a different time though. For starters, he was only getting $50k as opposed to 50 mil and I think the only reason we got him was because he pretty much burned his bridges behind him with all other NASL clubs. LA Aztecs dumped him to Florida and coach Ron Newman kicked him off the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers and he was pretty much between clubs. Also, from what Dangerfield told me, he came as a favor to Milan Mandaric who had ties in England , something that Lew is trying to do with the Spurs but although not with star players. Supposedly, he said he wouldn't have played for anyone other than Milan Mandaric as he saved him (at the time) to help him conquer his alcoholism. In his book though, Gerorge wrote that he hated San Jose that it was too boring for his tastes but he said it was the best place to raise a family and his son Calum Milan Best was born in San Jose in February , 1981. Don't think Best would be in MLS today, at least not in San Jose.

22. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Hmmm maybe THAT is why everyone wants to play in LA or NYC?

San jose IS very boring and by the time SJE is opened, San Jose won't change. He will be around 29 and still considered one of the worlds BEST players EVER(along side messi) and that is still very young for a player of his stature. ...oh and he has a 6 year deal with RM when its over he will be 32..still can kick ass in europe, so I doubt he will come to MLS.....ever.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually, when you compare San Jose in 2012 to the way it was in 1981, its totally changed. First of all, there are now happening malls, restaurants and bars, sheik looking small towns in Campbell, Los Gatos, Saratoga , Sunnyvale and Santa Clara as well as Willow Glen and there is a lot of affluence in the area. When you look at them now and compare them to the way they were 30 years ago, there is a world of difference. Now it is still boring in some ways , especially for the younger crowds but after a while, I tend to think when most Europeans learn to appreciate it and also learn to like it.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had a flashback today about a time back in early 1997 and how the Clash had their preview day announcing all the players, coaches and assistants etc etc and I remember Laurie Calloway announcing 19 year old Ramiro etc etc. I'll never forget how there was this fool in the stands cheering on every time they mentioned the LA Galaxy's name. Isn't it nice how we are a little more sophisticated than we were back then? Well most of us anyway.....;)

25. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has any mentioned how appropriate it would be for the scum to get a player named kaka.