el-lay sucks!! Part Tres

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by markmcf8, Sep 10, 2010.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll bet any money both LAndy & Beckham didn't come because they think they are too good to play @ Buck Shaw. Does anyone ever remember DB playing in San Jose since he has been in the league? I can't....

QuietType and alexiskool1991 repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trenta or toidy-toid and toid? ;)
    [​IMG]

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drinking a Trenta on toidy-toid and toid? ;)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! [​IMG]

-G

4. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The visitors locker room at Buck Shaw doesn't have sufficient space for GoldenBalls' entourage...

5. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! el-lay may only be the second worst city in the USA.
    http://www.atvn.org/news/2012/04/la-receives-negative-reviews-national-poll

Well, probably no, they are the worst when you consider shallowness, too many people living in a desert (Phoenix is a close second), water-stealing (even if they have gotten better per capita), and the fact that they are the worst sports fans in the country.

Yeah, f#$% el-lay!!

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

6. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the Concrete Desert, with all that that implies. Is, has been, always will be.

8. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure if you could choose where you live in LA you would be fine. However rich and proudly vapid was the thing to be amongst so many of the people that I had to interact with there. When I listened to some Galaxy podcasts, that was also there.

**The guy who does the LA podcasts says that really he's a premier league fan first and foremost**
    Says it all!

Certainly it's not unique to LA, but if I were to generalize about Bay Area bayareans I would say it's alternative progressive snobs, which cascades into a bit more palatable populace. And the very common tech guru group is probably the coolest group out of them all.

My brother and I always argued about this with him defending LA.

Oh yeah he's moving back to the norcal mountains. ;)

9. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing in LA, he became contaminated.

11. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA's water-per-capita has gone down largely due to stricter water allotment and usage rules, not from the conservationist goodness in their hearts. I drive over the Sacramento River on a regular basis and it's strange knowing a big chunk of it will end up in farms near Bakerafield and in the taps of Angelinos.

12. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A friend of mine works for one of the water districts down there, not actually in filth central. He has told me about a lot of their programs and efforts to reduce water use. So, I have to applaud them for that. They sure didn't give a crap in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, or even 90's. So this is movement in the right direction. Of course, even though they are making progress, their over all water consumption is up, because their freaking population keeps growing.

And yeah, it disgusts me that Northern California water resources are diverted to the scum-sucking filth in el-lay.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. We owe it all to that crook, Mulholland.

markmcf8 repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As an objective observer of the game, I don’t know what David Beckham really has left as a player. We all know his marketing value and what he has done for the league and what have you but there is no way the guy can play any longer. Am I alone in this observation?

15. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I disagree. While he doesn't have much pace left, he can still hit a ball with incredible swerve, and his passes/crosses are pinpoint.

Topper repped this.
  16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think so because those qualities can be contained. He can't really even move or run anymore and if you look at his game closely, he just can not play 90 minutes. Seriously, he will be 38 years old by next May so how much longer can he do it? I think its time MLS & the Gals should look towards a new fan boy.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I must say however, even though I'll never forgive LAndy, the guy still is a world class player, especially for an American. Same goes for Robbie Keane. Definitely a step above the average MLS talent.....

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Personally, pleased to see him go, he may have been a great player at one point (Hard to argue the contrary view) but over the past few seasons he has been an embarrassment as a player and as person. His melt-down at Stanford, his constant tirades against the referees, his me-first attitude as a member of the Galaxy. I swear to God, I think if there was a hot chess match at Hyde Park he would have skipped his club obligations to watch.

I will be glad to see him go and can't wait to root against whatever team he becomes a part of from a management perspective. He has no class, and is arrogant as well.

markmcf8 repped this.
  21. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, I kindof agree with you, but basically, " 'e's David fookin Beckham mate."

He's been good entertainment to me, really, and I'm glad he's come over here. He may be an arrogant prick, but really it's probably only as much as he feels he can be.

22. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be happy to see the last of "leg kicker." F#$% him.

I think he probably did help with the visibility of our league, and we (MLS) probably have more fans because of him, but he's a prick. Plus, he played for the filth, which makes him more of a prick than he was when he came here. I hope he ends up in Australia, and gets into a sex scandal involving underage prostitutes in Thailand, and a nasty, wasting, terminal disease. Then, he can spend his dying days in el-lay, embarrassing all who are associated with the filth. Yeah, that sounds good.

And el-lay still sucks like a vacuum.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

23. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    And then we have the obligatory BS spin / ridiculous hyperbole from Lieweekly:

“Seldom does an athlete redefine a sport and David not only took our franchise to another level but he took our sport to another level,” said Tim Leiweke, President and CEO of AEG (Anschutz Entertainment Group). “It has been an honor and privilege to be a part of his world, and more importantly, to have him be a part of ours.”

Gag, chortle, hack...this for a guy who averaged about 6 assists and 3 goals per year over his 6 seasons? By the time Wondo wakes up in the morning, he's already scored 3 goals.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He is a joke....

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005