el-lay sucks!! Part Tres

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by markmcf8, Sep 10, 2010.

1. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget the best shot in MLS history as well:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML7Kh_Na3Tg"]YouTube - Dwayne De Rosario World Class Free Kick[/ame]
    [​IMG]

2. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Shouldn't that be 'centre?'

Barro, since you're a vast continent+an ocean away from us, you may not fully understand the situation.

First, we who live in the Bay Area are aware of our innate superiority to the ugly urban sprawl that calls itself LA. However, we are too busy enjoying our perfect climate, marveling at stunning sunsets and breathtaking scenery, cashing in our lucrative stock options, and cheering on our beloved Quakes to waste much time on the sad little water beggars to the south. For their part, their lives are way too full with plastic surgery appointments, gang wars, and food service jobs "just until my big break comes" to fret about the fact that they definitely got the short end when it came to looks, brains, and talent.

Center of the universe? More like Pluto. Except that Pluto, dammit, didn't really deserve to be relegated out of the planetary system.

And as others have noted, there was The Game, and I regret that you apparently missed your team's well-deserved humiliation. Those of who experienced that victory will never question our team's ability to beat LA. When we bother to think about LA, which is not very often.

1 person likes this.
  3. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are we feeding the troll ?

This is our forum and we explaining why do el lay sucks ? there isn't a rumor is a fact LA sucks in many waysand I don't think we should be given a reason why we as a Quakes fans hate LA so much.

Stop feeding the ******* troll, he/she is just playing stupid (something not hard to do if you are from LA) just to stir some shit up.

Where is Mark when you need him ?

4. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Anybody taking bets that was the last time he comes trolling 'round here?

5. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    I was wondering the same.

6. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drinking of course!! :D

Yeah, it's not worth arguing with smarmy el-lay twits. They think that building a big ass city in a desert was a good idea, so that should tell you something right there.

I love the Bay Area. In SJ, the Rosicrucian Museum is one of my favorite places. Castle Rock State Park. The wineries in the south end of the county. Thomas Krause is great. Fortino, Hecker Pass, Kirigin, and now I see that there are plenty of newer wineries that weren't there the last time I went wine tasting down there.

The South Bay is just a great place. Of course, I'm perfectly happy having moved, but I like it overcast, rainy, and cold.

Now we just need to crush the filth in the MLS playoffs! Wouldn't that be sweet?! Shellacking those twerps in the first round and sending them home, crying like babies? Yeah, that would be excellent! And with Geo, Eduardo, Khari, Convey, Cronin, and Busch all healthy and starting, I think we could do it too.

GO QUAKES!! :D
    $%&# el-lay!!

- Mark

7. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm partial to History San Jose, the largest regional history museum in California (including el-lay). Now bigger and better, since it includes an extensive collection of Quakes artifacts, including the first ball ever kicked in MLS history, Joe Cannon's game-worn kit from his hundredth victory, and thousands of other items.

8. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me of one of my favorite anti-la songs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdxvbLXPDDs"]YouTube - Cobra Skulls - Cobra Skullifornia[/ame]

9. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Which reminds me of one of my favorite anti-LA songs:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiB02XWTwI4"]YouTube - Dionne Warwick - Do You Know the Way to San Jose[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  10. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yes, History San José is great! And the Tech Museum, and the Children's Discovery Museum. I think smell-lay has us on the art museums, but I don't think very many smell-layites actually go to their art museums.

One thing SJ certainly needs more of is civic pride. Too many local put their own city down. And certainly not enough of silly valley's rich contribute to local cultural institutions, like the symphony and the ballet.

Sill, when I die, I want my tombstone to say:

"Better here than los angles."

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

11. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're paraphrasing W. C. Fields. ;) But he would have said "I'd rather be here than Los Angeles"

12. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You guys take this stuff really seriously...

13. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew that! My version is shorter and less expensive than W.C.'s. Just goes to show that he was richer than I am. Chances are, I'll be cremated and my ashes buried in the planters at my favorite pub. :rolleyes:

Vancouver, WA is better than el-lay too.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

14. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if you were loaded, would you leave all you wealth to be used to run a home for boys and girls where no religion of any sort shall be preached?

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, What has this got to do with el-laying sucking like a Dyson? Is Gremio and el-lay sister city?

There's a scary thought, what cities would want to be sister cities to smell-lay?! Frightful!

- Mark

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its has to do with Ronaldinho signing with Gremio and not w/ LA as those Gals had hoped? Capisci?

18. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The city is Porto Alegre, sir.

19. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then, damn me for a fool, on both counts!!

Oh, and $%&# el-lay!!!! :mad:

- Mark

20. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The scum have switched to a lighter shade of blue for their second jersey. They look like Kansas City Wiz..err..Sporting KC's shirt from last year. Hopefully we still get to wear our Blue jerseys at home when playing the scum.

21. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They wear white any chance they can, trying to be like Real Madrid. We shouldn't have a problem with wearing one of our 2 dark jerseys.

22. darkstar10990

darkstar10990 Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    JPA has enough in the tank for one more solid season but IMO the scum were better off with Buddle. So it's good that they signed JPA. At the end of last season Arena said he was planning on moving Landycakes to FWD permanently so that'll be an interesting pairing with JPA up top.

24. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    JPA's still a good player, but I agree that at this point in their respective careers it's probably a downgrade from Buddle. And it just makes the Gals even older yet, from Jurassic to Triassic, or something like that.

25. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    America's Rudest Cities

They actually beat out NYC? Wow! Is there any reason left why it shouldn't be swallowed by the ocean?

1 person likes this.