El Instante de Miguel "El Piojo" Herrera

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by and1football, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #3851 JJV1994, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    "Raul must start in Brzil"-- Raul Jimenez of Club America has a unique trait that all of his National Teammates simply do not have ie Size & Strength..These traits are very important & are going to have an impact in Brazil & I can tell you why .. Well where going to be chasing the ball allot in Brazil for sure right..Okay then well what's going to happen in this scenario, is as soon as Mexico recovers possesion Brazil is going to press & force our players to kick it away English style kick ball..Pretty smart descion by the Brazilian because there succes v.s. Peralta,Gio,Hernandez & Pulido should be high but agianst Jimenez it should at the very least not be as easy as the others.. The Extras if your not all ready convinced, are his work-rate on both sides of the field & his ability for the Spectacular..He must start he just has too ..Disagree or Agree???

2. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude shut the hell up.

Cuauh alone had more talent in his nutsac than all these players you mentioned put together. Wake me up when one of them can carry the facking team into the world cup out of the shitty concacaf qualifiers like Cuauh.

Market value is the indicator now? Whatever having to the bar being based on performance? What kind of crack are you people in DF smoking?

5 pichichis shits on whatever transfer value you want to bring up.

Serg33 repped this.
  3. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Piojo says he will release final list on may 9, he will give a list of 30 to fifa but the extra 7 mean nothing.

4. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    there can always be injuries.

5. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You do know talent is subjective and unmeasurable do you? In the end results are what guarantees stuff and the recent Mexican team do not have the results for your argument that they are better than the team of the 90's and 2000's or that they have to be measured differently. This whole wage argument of europe is subjective to history and by your logic then current Argentina and Brazil would be better teams than the teams that actually won world cups in the 70's.

6. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is true, Rafa.

However there is undeniable talent here that has either underperformed or has been squandered by the coaches/FMF.

I think Chepo by himself may have set us back a few years regardless of the talent we have at our disposal...

JJV1994 repped this.
  7. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah but like I said, if the talent doesn't get to showcase on the field, then it can't say it was as good because of it. Just like our team in 1990 or a good player that breaks his leg and has to retire, if the end result isn't there it can be said it was better just on speculation. I too blame Chepo and the FMF just like 1990 but the result can be just the same: a "what could have been" team.

8. a4anthony

a4anthony Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Greer
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys dont you think a little bit more blame has to go to the players than what we are currently giving them? I know its always easier to use a coach as a scape goat.

I mean I know the coach makes the selections, squads and specific roles for said players. At the same time a coach cant control if a player makes the right read on a pass, or if he misjudges a tackle, or if he makes his shots.

Now obviously chepo had a effect, but at the same time we have to remember this guys are profesionals and competitors so they have to get more blame as well.

If this was american football where the coach designs what the players do on every play, feel free to blame it on the coach completely, but in soccer the players go with what they feel comes natural to them during the course of the play/game.

NCCFBALL repped this.
  9. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    2 completely different squads having the same shit results. The only thing in common was the guy in charge. When mediocre coach like Piojo starts showing you up, then maybe it's you.

Kaney repped this.
  10. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Correct, determining how talented someone is is subjective, but that does not mean that there is no consensus and it is in that consensus that I am making my point. I am not making a value judgment on talent based on what I think, because I know that people, myself included, have biases. Therefore, like most other things, I let the market decide. Likewise, the value of a home is completely subjective, however, the market can regulate the relative value of different homes. We can conclude that a $10 million home in Manhattan is nicer than a $500,000 in the same area. Even though we cannot be 100% of this, the market is regulated in such a way to make this a certainty for most poeple. Even though the market also has biases, it has a lot less biases than taking the opinion of you or me in the matter. And if there is one thing that we have learned, is that when people or organizations (in this case, professional football clubs) have to put their money where their mouth is (in this case, paying salary to a player) they tend to pay primarily what the market dictates based on the talent of that player.

Also, I never said that the recent Mexican team was better than the team in the late 90s. Teams are judged by wins and losses Chepo´s team was the worst we have had in a VERY long time. But I am not talking about the team, I am talking about the raw materials available, I am talking about the individual talent. By linking ¨talent¨ as an effect of results makes me think that we arent even talking about the same thing. If results determine talent, this means that our starting 11 in the Hex, was less talented than the starting 11 of Honduras, Costa Rica and the US. 99% of professional scouts would strongly disagree with this conclusion which is why players like Chicharito, Giovani and Moreno earn A LOT more than their Central American counterparts, because they are worth it, because they are a lot more tanted. If we somehow manage to get out of the group in Brazil, does that mean that our players all of the sudden got a lot more talented in 6 months? The team certaintly would have improved, but the level of talent would stay relatively the same.

And finally, I dont see how by this logic it follows that the Argentina or Brazil teams are better now than they were when they wont their world cups. Care to elaborate?

11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    But your whole house thing is a clear example of what is wrong with the analysis. A house in New York City is going to cost you more because of other reasons but it's not going to be about quality. A house in NYC or an apartment can cost you a lot more than a mansion in Fresno eventhough it's not the same thing and that mansion in Fresno by itself is going to be a lot better house. A lot of stuff goes into that. So market itself isn't just the deciding stuff by talent. In 1998 it could have been clear since to people using your logic, Belgium would be easily the better team than Mexico. They had guys in Europe doing well like Nilis, Oliviera and Wilmots. And yet Mexico was the more talented and better team and it was shown. Transfers market get super inflated at times which is why super players like Chicharito in Chivas don't have the price tags a lot of inferior Brazilian and Argentinean players sometimes have.

You do say in a way that they are a better team by going with "raw talent" and saying that we overperformed in tournament after tournament during that time. We were clearly the 3rd best team in the americas in that era while we aren't anymore. So I don't know how you can say that teams was in a lower range than our team currently if we don't have the results to back it up.

I also think our definition of talent is strange and we might not be in the same page with it either.

12. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  13. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  14. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

LGRod, icybauer and Saul Acosta repped this.
  15. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Piojo lovers step up. You're going in the volcano.

Puma76 and Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  16. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Guardado está herido...no?

Saul Acosta repped this.
  17. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If this is true, he deserves to be crucified...

Saul Acosta repped this.
  18. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    las dudas son Memo, Gio y Fabian?

pinche Piojo pendejo

Saul Acosta repped this.
  19. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's insane that after the bunch of friendlies, there is question that the best goalkeeper should go or not. Gio and Ochoa should be unquestionables.

Colima24, icybauer, Saul Acosta and 2 others repped this.
  20. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Piojo better not leave out Memo or Gio. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LGRod, Colima24 and Saul Acosta repped this.
  21. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol Javier Aquino

22. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #3872 LGRod, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Why does he even need 4 strikers?
    Should be fine with Gio/Fabian/Chich/Pulido/Oribe.

Saul Acosta repped this.
  23. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Marco Fabian tearing up the league?

Is Gio injured?

Saul Acosta repped this.
  24. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+