"El único" - The Mesut Oezil Appreciation Thread (Now with 33% more lovefesting)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Why?

2. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't get a chance to post my farewell here to my countryman. But I want to say the amount of replies here in this thread shows how much he has done for us and will be missed. At the same time we are moving on, but here's a look back at some of my favorite moments

And while it wasn't with us, its Oktoberfest so I have to post this :D (skip to 6:52 to see Oezil's goal)

CivilProtection repped this.
  3. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Except Florentino never said any of those things, so yeah. Those quotes are not attributed to him. I know it's tempting, but don't be a ********.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...re-lies-fake-quotes-about-mesut-ozil-spread-l

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol @ the "women" stories. The guys girlfriend complained about him playing too much playstation when he moved to Spain. Not trying to say that he's a monk, but the stories are only funny to me. :D

Eddie repped this.
  5. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn, I wanna buy a PS4 even more now. Maybe I'll run into Mesut playing Fifa 14 online lmao. Xbox one is a ripoff.

6. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When you do, the odds of which are slim to none, I want you to tell him to read this ********ing forum and come the ******** back to Madrid.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    -Fifth CharM- repped this.
  8. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Because he's German, so he doesn't like jokes.

Laaura, Eddie and Oscar repped this.
  9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I actually have a pretty good sense of humor...though it is usually pretty offensive...

10. Last Boyscout

Last Boyscout Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TZIS IZ A LIE! WE DON'T HAVE A ZENZE OF HUMOR, JA! ZSLANDEROUS DEFAMATION!

Umar and MatthausSammer repped this.
  11. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A lot of German comedians are brutally terrible. Mario Barth fills football fields by saying the same joke for 2 hours.

13. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, not going to happen. I was just playing around.

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    German entertainers are so bad, they get Dutch ones. Please take Linda de Mol back from here.

4x4s repped this.
  15. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1740 s7kru, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    Why not the entire family?

Johnny De Mol would probably be some random street junkie without his incredibly rich dad.

16. Last Boyscout

Last Boyscout Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree completely. Most are unwatchable.

17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its pretty simple with Ozil, he knew Bale's arrival and the formation change was going to come at the expense of his time spent on the pitch, so he decided to leave to a place where he will have a central role. If he was more of a fighter he would have gritted his teeth, put in more defensive effort and try to win the coach's confidence. It is strange to me that one would ever choose Arsenal as a Real Madrid player but I guess they were convincing enough for him. Too bad he left, imagine this squad with him still in it, the very definition of dream team. But hes now an Arsenal player, so this thread should be closed as well.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mesut's father: "Mr. Perez is not a man of honour. Mesut is supposed to take the scapegoat and I'm supposed to be the greedy father."

The full article is in the edition of Bild that you have to pay for, but he doesn't sound very happy about how things unfolded.

19. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who would be happy? Mesut's dad needs to realize that this is more about politics than football. The Madrid faithful are beyond upset at the loss of Ozil, not to mention paying 100m for the privilege! So the people in charge, who seem to be great in the ways of publicity, have turned to the tried and true path of Ad Hominum attacks. This is to be expected. Say something negative about Obama and you'll have his supporters calling you a racist. Say something negative about Neocon republicans and their warmongering, and have their supporters call you ant-semetic. It's the proven path. Don't rationalize the decision or face the argument but attack the character of the other side, it's not complicated.

I think the Ozil situation is so obvious when looked at without bias. The facts seem to be clear. Here are the facts:

1) Madrid wanted Bale very badly.

2) Bale costed a lot of money, not only in transfer $$ but also his wages which are reported to be 15m euros (not sure about this figure but it's what i've heard).

3) Madrid needed to make up some of the money spent on Bale, they chose Ozil because despite him being the most talented, he was also attempting to get a higher salary. This kills two birds with one stone. You tell the rest of the players that there is not free money lying around for them. With Bale getting outrageous wages, this may open up the willingness of other players making their own demands. Perez showed he is not closed off to selling anyone, even if they are as talented as Ozil.

4) With all the attacking players, someone and their great talents would be wasted. This doesn't make financial sense or footballing sense, so a player along the lines of DiMaria/Ozil/Benz had to go.

5) Ozil was "shown" his future by being sat out and subbed early. The team did not want him there for the above reasons, this explains his quotes about "not having confidence," etc. They made it clear to him they wanted him gone.

6) Ozil was sweat-talked by Arsenal, he made the choice that if Madrid do not want me here, I'll go somewhere that I am appreciated.

I don't think anyone can deny the above 6 points. It doesn't mean that Madrid are to blame or Ozil is to blame, it could turn out great for both sides.

Dhajj repped this.
  20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ozil should be remembered for being a key figure in that glorious 2012 league title. Without him Madrid would not have won that one.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    just stop already.. ffs. we all missing him, he was awesome player for RM and imo most of us will watch Ozil at Arsenal. good luck in London, Mesut.

saadomar, s7kru, CivilProtection and 2 others repped this.
  22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay then, that's that. Best of luck Mesut, we'll miss you. See you in the other team's thread (sadface).

Onward and upward!

raven3k repped this.