"El único" - The Mesut Oezil Appreciation Thread (Now with 33% more lovefesting)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Not trying to single you out morgan07, but this is exactly what I meant in the longer post above. A likable player has a good run of matches and then everything else before was an over-exaggeration or didn't happen.

Ozil has struggled badly with form this year and now we're re-writing history to suit his current form.

Another example of this? Sergio Ramos has had an up an down season, some highs but some big time lows. I guarantee you, most here would say he has had a good season and why not? He isn't the point of attacks in the media, when he makes mistakes they get glossed over and when he does something positive it gets magnified.

Marcelo is missing and some may feel he is the reason for our bad run when in reality he was very present during it. We tend to gloss over the details and highlight what we want to see instead of what we should be seeing.

I'm going to go out on a limb as say Xabi Alonso is the next guy who has a good run and suddenly has been getting too much flack because all is forgotten and he has been amazing all year.

Shay Z repped this.
  2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It isnt but it is getting really tiring. We finally have a decent coach able to take us places but then random shit from here and there ruins everything. This team last season was unstoppable, winning La Decima seemed a matter of when and with the squad's average age really low it seemed we will be a huge force for a while. We have basically thrown away the league this season and unless they sort this mess out, all this excitement, expectation, reputations, and a whole lot of money will be lost because of some petty differences.

Sorry YS, but there is definitely something going on with the club, its not media BS although I sincerely hope it is.

3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    The media is accentuating and exaggerating - no doubt. But we've all been saying that something is off.

Anyway, we can discuss that elsewhere.... no need to soil the thread of this magnificent googly eyed German.

fierro repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    That is the thing. I have never said things don't go on, even in the post I responded to you with I have acknowledge we have issues however all club's do.

My point is all of our issues are made to seem world ending only because the media cares more about influencing (flexing power) and generating sales then it does about Madrid.

I agree that the thread should go back to googly-eye-love-fest.

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Only one. I think you are buying into the Mou hype a bit to much. I seriously doubt that he is the only coach who can guide us to CL glory. As far as the "environment, if firing Mou would fix or help fix the whole dam mess than the new coach wouldn't have to deal with that.

6. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re-writing history? Nobody even said something like Ozil was all good everytime this season because he wasn't, there's ups and downs. Pretending Ozil was all bad bar the last 2 games (ignoring matches like Dortmund, Celta Vigo, Barcelona, and some others I mentioned before where he's doing good and in some of those he's even key player for the point we got), that's re-writing history.

Anyway, using just one or two sentences like 'he is good all season' or 'he's bad all season', to judge any player season is never fair in the first place and to certain extent must be pretty much clouded with biased toward or against that player. There's too much detail that's been discarded with such simple statements. Just like whenever Coentrao played and made a mistake or failed to impress, some pretending that he's sucked every time & how much Marcelo is a better player, forgetting his some other games where he's been very good. Or like how some mentioning how perfect Ronaldo's season last year, how he was close to single-handedly win us la liga, forgetting other players' key contribution, and despite Ronaldo had down period too and it's others that won us some of those games.

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I for one don't believe the vitriolic nature of Oezil's treatment. Remember, he's a player Mourinho has always been fond of. A small string of poor performances, that are generally uncharacteristic of his game, especially relative to his excellent Madrid record is not enough to result in such treatment.

Pretty embarrassing reporting however.

Crisstti, Donzizu and Jaood repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yes, because Real Madrid has just turned into a circus, it hasn't been a ego clashing, manager firing, stir pot for the last decade.

9. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed.

Mourinho handed a request to Florentino of which players he wants to get rid of and one of them was Ozil? :ROFLMAO:

No sane manager would do that.

Crisstti repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    All of these exaggerations is due to the manager being hard (some times harsh) on a player.

If he isn't hard the media and these fans will find a problem with it. If he is hard they will still find a problem with it. No matter what they will find a problem. Remember these are the same people who said "Varane needs more playing time!" then cried out "Unfair! Why is Sergio benched for Varane?".

It's like WTF do you want? On one hand you want to win every match and bleat on about how it is a supercontroversy every time a starter doesn't start (or play an entire match), yet you demand youth players get a boat load of minutes which indirectly would lower are chances of winning. It is asinine. The way these media and some fans think we should play with more balls and another team. That would be the only way to keep them happy and even then they would still find a reason to burn the club down.

This is why Real Madrid needs a resolute manager who will do as he thinks is fit and won't allow the idiots to pressure him into allowing them to run his team for him.

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The whole rift speculation is laughable. Mourinho brought Ozil here. If the 'he lost faith in him, they are on bad terms, Ozil is on the way out' narrative was true, then Mourinho would have simply switched Ozil and Kaka's roles in the team. Mourinho just benched Ozil when he was performing poorly because of his own lack of drive. Ozil never lost his first team status, and it seems to have paid off because he has recovered his drive in the past few games.

Crisstti and Donzizu repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    To be honest none of us truly knows, but what you're saying is the most intelligent choice. I don't like how harsh he can be at times trying to force-motivate these guys, but if it works why should I knock it?

Put it like this. I spent half the summer lamenting about how we weren't using Sahin, thinking about how effective he was with Dortmund. Turns out I was wrong, Mourinho was right (shocker) and the guy is nothing like he was prior to his knee injury. Sometimes I look in absolute awe at how regular he is with Liverpool.

My point is, the guy is far from perfect and has questionable methods, but he knows what he is doing.

Crisstti and AriGold repped this.
  13. Ozilll

Ozilll Member

Mar 12, 2011
    He is not that bad at liverpool, what we should take into consideration is how he did the few he played with us, and he did pretty good.

You send dimaria or even your golden boy, Ronaldo , at liverpool and then you tell me how good they are in that team...

14. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    This is something I strongly agree with. Sahin deserves at least a fair shake here until January next season. If he can't make an impact, I'd imagine we won't have a hard time making our money back on his transfer.

15. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Ronaldo would score at least 30 goals a season at Liverpool, no problem. You think that just because he would play for a shit team, that he would magically lose the ability to shoot? All you need to do is give him the ball within 50 yards of goal and he'll make a shooting opportunity. And Di Maria would do better than Sterling, who's getting rave reviews.

Unfortunately, Sahin doesn't understand the discipline required to play in a two man midfield when you have a man with a free role ahead of you. He's a lovely little player but that's not enough, you need positional discipline and awareness. The sooner he learns that, the better for everyone.

natenate101 and Jaood repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Cristiano would score at least 40 total competition goals a season regardless of where he plays. Him playing for a better team only enhances his base totals. Di Maria would still be Di Maria as well. What you haven't realized is that both of those players aren't the kind who depend on a certain system to have a certain level of success. They're performance is independent not a dependent.

Another thing, of note is Sahin if anything should be thriving at Liverpool. I find it quite ironic that you say "your golden boy, Ronaldo" yet no mention of how I was Sahin's staunches supporter?

Why not?

17. Ozilll

Ozilll Member

Mar 12, 2011
    30 goals hmmmm 40 never.. he scores that many goal in madrid coz everything goes to him..you guys wont bet 20$ on cr7 scoring on current liverpool system.
    Di MAria is really a one trick pony, not sure about his future as a star at all

But anyway, i got thee feeling that in near futur we might see how many goals CR7 scores in england, even with a better team.

His ball controll and passing ability is degrading each year.. today it was almost funny to watch him control the ball.

18. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    [​IMG]

natenate101 repped this.
  19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sami Khedira and Mesut Oezil along with a Spanish Basket ball player visit a hospital. Oezil said it was a "Wonderful surprise for the children on Christmas".
    [​IMG]

natenate101, sleepyvato50 and anticule repped this.
  20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    The basketball player is actually Lithuanian. We all look alike though. :p

The club does this every year as members of both squads split up and cover Madrid hospitals after the holiday lunch. It's great to see stuff like this.

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is. And yes, he is Lithuanian...he plays for the Real Madrid Basketball team. This was my error.

Alma Merengue repped this.
  22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget to correct Mez as it is not Christmas. Yet.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Christmas gifts don't always have to come on the 24th or 25th...and they don't always have to be delivered under a tree. :)

24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quit spreading your liberal secular lies.

25. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Although it would be nice to have a fully naked Ramos under my tree.

I'll keep dreaming though. :rolleyes: