"El único" - The Mesut Oezil Appreciation Thread (Now with 33% more lovefesting)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That was from the game that Ramos was wearing the Mesut shirt. It works better in context.

2. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's so odd, mezut and sergio bromancing like that.. I wonder what they both have in common or what their bromance foundation is built upon...

Also the language barrier...Does Mezut speak fluent spanish now??

Like they say, love has no boundries ;)

4. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe Ramos just likes to look at his eyes from time to time.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Depending on how you look at it, neither does Ramos. :D

6. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos and Ozil are neighbors. The live in the same area very close to each other. I guess that might be a reason.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pretty strong stuff:

Mourinho to Özil : "You don't deserve to play for Real Madrid"

El Pais reports the incident that happened at halftime during the Depor match in which Ramos was wearing Mesut's shirt at halftime.

Mourinho was furious with Özil and singled him out yelling that he 'doesn't deserve to play for Real Madrid', and Mesut took his shin pads out to which Mourinho responded 'Now what are you going to do? You going to quit?' and told Kaka to be ready to come on. Then apparently a heated argument between the heavy weights of the squad started that ended with Sergio Ramos playing with a Mesut Özil shirt under his own in the second half.

According tot he report, Mourinho gave Florentino a list of names that he doesn't trust and would want to get rid of, with Özil's name being at the top of the list, Florentino returned the list and told him to have patience with Mesut.

The report claims that Mourinho initially asked for Özil to be substituted, but couldn't pull it off after he scored at the 46th minute. It also highlights something that plenty of people have noted.

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 10 freekicks in 155 attempts, Özil 5 in just 15.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This cannot possibly be true...lo.

9. Jaood

Jaood Red Card

May 4, 2012
    It isn't.

It's written by Diego Torres. You'd have to be an idiot to believe anything this guy writes about Mourinho. Remember the story about Kaka calling Mourinho 'a bad person'? That was from him as well.

Seriously, take a look at what he's been writing for the past couple of months. It's all about Mourinho destroying Madrid.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, the fact that 4x4 posted it...I guess I gave it some credibility.

11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Everyone in the world knows something happened in the locker room at the half of that match. The club and Sergio Ramos can put whatever spin they want on it, but his wearing of Ozil's jersey was a pretty strong signal of what may have occurred.

The real problem with this article is that it comes so long after the incident. Sergio Ramos himself has said his issues with Mourinho have been resolved and they've moved on (something to that effect). And Ozil hasn't been banished or anything. It seems like everyone involved is ready to move on ... except of course Diego Torres who is on a mission to take down Jose Mourinho. I would love for the club to take his ass down!

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Regardless of the source, i expect to see it in most German newspapers tomorrow, considering that Bild instantly picked the story up already and most media pretty much follow them.

13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If anything Mourinho should be praised for giving Ozil the hairdryer treatment, he desperately needed it with those lackadaisical performances and now hes back to his best.

14. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Yeah like Oezil was the only one deserving of a hairdryer treatment. If anything picking on him was a bit of of a bitch move in light the collective bullsh*t this team was producing.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he would have subbed him at halftime this weekend we'd probably have lost, you do understand that, do you? It would have made sense if the team would have improved against Betis, but instead we became worse after Mourinho took him off at halftime.

The only thing Mourinho should be praised for in this is making some sense and leaving this guy on there for over 45 minutes for a change.

Mourinho is awesome, but i'm not going to praise him for correcting his own mistakes. :ROFLMAO:

Umar repped this.
  16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Yeah, gotta agree with 4x4s on this. Ozil runs his ass off as well as working to create, and he's never publicly whinged. Giving him a rocket up the ass here and there is fine (it worked for Karim and now he loves Jose), but telling him he doesn't deserve to play for Madrid (after what he did last year) and threatening to sell him is bs (I doubt that part of the article is true).

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I know you don't believe that he was the only one Mourinho went off on. He just seems to be the preferred target.

Seriously.

18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well he cant have a go at all of them at the same time. Benzema got his two seasons ago, Ramos was left out earlier this season and now Di Maria is getting sidelined for Callejon very rightfully. Ozil is a key player that has been underperformeing, and you can't really go after Ronaldo.

Its ridiculous to pamper Ozil despite all the piss poor performances up until a couple matches ago, especially when you have a more than capable player in the same position as Kaka. Mourinho did right to put fire on his ass, mostly because Ozils problem was nothing other than simply being lazy and unfocused.

And no, Madrid did not play worse against Betis with Kaka on for Ozil.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    One thing is certain is the manager no matter who he is will be enemy number one no matter what he may do. The other certain thing is a couple good matches somehow erases all previous bad matches. Ironically one bad match can erase all previous good matches for some.

Using this concept I'm sure you've concluded that while Ozil has been poor, he had two great matches which means the previous ones are now erased. In the same vein people demand the manager take charge, not play favorites, bench players, play youth, motivates players, etc but then either balk when he does it or complain when he doesn't do it enough.

Put it like this, had he kept Ozil out there without the ass kicking, people would say what are they paying Mourinho so much for and how crap Ozil is or how Ozil is taking minutes away from Callejon or a youth player.

My point is don't stress yourself about that shit. No differently than I will always find a problem with the media, some people will always find their own problems wherever they may and you will see it will be as constant/redundant as one of my "Fuuck Spanish media" rants.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why not...?

21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uggggh, why is there always so much drama with this club man.

22. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Silva. *thumbs up smiley*

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Every club has issues though. However what every club does not have is a media out in full force saying and doing anything to increase sales and show they have influence/power, even if it is destabilizing the club.

I don't know how we can win la decima under this kind of conditions. The only one who could guide these players in this kind of environment, to something like this is an ego bigger than the players and the media and he is currently getting attacked left and right in an attempt to be forced out.

24. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not like Ozil did nothing good before those 2 great games vs Atletico and Valladolid. Remember Bilbao? Dortmund? Mallorca? Zaragoza? Barcelona? His most disappointing matches were also more of a quiet game rather than atrocious one.

Never understand what's Mourinho' on about at half time of Depor match (if there's even any), we're winning at that point, the team played all right, so did Ozil, what's there to be mad about I don't get it really. But he did take him out and didn't play Ozil in the next game iirc, so something must have happened for whatever reason. Coming from Mourinho who was singling out Ozil publicly after we lost playing Barca at Bernabeu last year (despite he's not even close to the worst performer in that match), cannot say I'm that surprised. It's too much hot and cold between these two.

25. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Whether we like to admit it or not, we bring some of the drama on ourselves. For all the things that have improved with the club, our management of the media is woeful. Additionally, we don't have the results to 'mask' stuff. We are 11 points behind Barcelona before reaching the halfway mark. To quote one Jose Mourinho (though he used this slightly differently): "it is not image problem, it is a results problem."

Lastly, this drama sells. It is up to individuals to figure out what will/won't read/listen to. The comment in Spain has always been that Real Madrid gets the entire country in front of the TV because half the country wants us to win, half wants us to lose. Add individuals that are not media friendly to that mix (Cristiano Ronaldo, Mourinho) and everything gets even more exaggerated.

It really isn't a great mystery.