"El único" - The Mesut Oezil Appreciation Thread (Now with 33% more lovefesting)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The expect to much of him when in reality he has Poldi and Gomez to "play with". He needs to play with someone that shares his footballing IQ - that was Klose.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...yeah, I heard about that. Oddly enough, when that news came; most of us just turned our heads and commented about how little UEFA knows - about anything.

3. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't see that coming myself. Özil was very good though, made the right moves, the right passes, while looking for gaps to exploit, and was productive as usual in creating chances despite Portugal parking the bus. Even when he failed to find any gap to exploit & ended up getting crowded, he pretty much always managed to retain the ball with his run to at least win a throw in or just made a safe back pass. Hence I might able to rationalize their decision to give it to Özil just a bit. I also can understand the harsh criticism he got from the medias who I already knew rarely rate him unless there were a lot of owning scenes, ridiculous assist, goals or other bold things.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From facebook;

Mesut Özil

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Mesut, welcome to Real Madrid!

If you aren't playing well they'll find a reason (partying, inner conflict, aliens, etc) to explain why you aren't. Said reason will turn some fans who don't know any better against you, when simply the reason could be you've had a slow start or something else which isn't explained with drunken nights out, orgies or the hatred of everything Spanish.

6. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    almost never? lmao

7. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Well he is young, rich, and famous so an occasional party here and there is to be expected :p

8. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let see pictures of them bitchezzzzz!

9. waradola

waradola New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't get it why this awesome player doesn't get to be a starter for Real Madrid anymore. He had such a huge contribution to Real Madrid winning La Liga last year, Supercopa etc. Could it be that Mourinho is upset with him for whatever reason?

I don't see how Essien or Modric could be better than him. I think one of the reasons for Madrid"s poor start of the season was Ozil missing from the pitch and assisting Ronaldo

10. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uh... welcome to the forum? lol

11. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mesut is off form currently maybe that's why

12. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's still a starter, but just like last season he wouldn't always start. However I can see when he hit his super form, he would always be the first choice, though I doubt he will ever reach such form if he barely played full game like recently, he's a rhythm player after all. Contrary to popular belief that Ozil needs rest a lot, last season he reached that form (the kind of form he showed at Camp Nou) after Mou was kind of forced to play him full game for a string of consecutive games, due to injury (Di Maria) and lack of options (not that much trust in Kaka, Sahin, Granero, Lass).

Talking about form, he looked good yesterday, very active, good workrate, spraying a lot of nice passes, should have gotten an assist for that through ball to Di Maria. So did when he came on in 2nd half and helped turning around the game when they played Manchester City & Rayo. Also in Getafe match and Supercopa maches vs Barcelona. Not his most shiny form, but still good.

MadridOzil repped this.
  13. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm kinda hoping that he would develop some right-footed capabilities as well, and be confident in his abilities to take defenders 1-on-1 and shoot from distance. I noticed (in the half dozen games of the German national team I've watched since 2011) that he displays this increased diverse range of capabilities there more than here. I, speaking for myself at least, would love to see him as the future mantle of our attacking midfield for years to come. If the comparisons to Zidane are not too premature, I am of the belief that he can turn into an absolute machine soon, as technically blessed as he is.

14. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern-Fan coming in peace...;) just a little question since Im wondering whats up with Mesut right now. Eurosport are suggesting Mourinho has issues with Mesut and Liverpool are seriously eyeying an move for him. Besides Liverpool beeing the absolute last stop Mesut would drop by I guess, (I´d rather see him at ManU or Juventus) how possible seems an Özil sale in the near future?

15. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I would be outraged at any sale. I think he is one of our best players, and seems to love the club, and since when did we start selling our best players? Last time we sold anyone we really should have kept was Redondo imo.

**(deliberately skirts around Makelele issue to avoid that conversation happening again).**

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Sale? Lol. It is more likely that Bayern would sell their club to Alaskans than we'd sell Ozil.

17. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sale of Ozil is not even worth discussing. It's not happening personally I hope he stays till the end of his career here.

He is just a bit off form at the moment.. and lol at liverpool "eyeing" a move.

18. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    End of career? Tell that to Raul.

Ozil won't stay that long. Sorry.

Fnck I wish Benzo would stay forever, but even I know that he'll part soon after a couple years after his prime.

19. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ozil isn't going anywhere.

4x4s repped this.
  20. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ozil had a very good second half, but a bad first half. Let's hope he finds some form. He finally controlled a ball excellently this game. Was such a relief. :p

21. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Thanks for stopping by. Unlikely, I think, for the reasons the others have mentioned. He's quality, and I think he'll be in Madrid for a long, long time.

22. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo likes scoring in Camp Nou a lot but Mesut loves assisting there too. In the last 4 games at the Camp Nou he has assisted Ronaldo for a goal. Pretty impressive stat if you ask me.

MadridOzil and Donzizu repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He wasn't very good in the first half, but he was fantastic in the second. Defended the ball wonderfully, and turned Busquets, Montoya and all the others inside out.

24. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fantastic assist. Oezil proved he's still our first choice playmaker for the big games, even when he's not 100%.

MadridOzil repped this.
  25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Man of the match for me.