Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Footy Magoo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations!

2. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Jung extends his contract, would like to see Rode do the same. I have hope for next year because I dont think we will be picked apart like die Fohlen.

3. ManCitizens

ManCitizens New Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    David Moyes IS NOT English. We also don't call our league the "EPL" thank god.

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Barclay's Premier League. English Premier League, is there really a difference?

5. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    I don't really care what he is and how you call the league in that cesspool of a country. I just know I don't want anything to do with either.

6. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    More importantly, some people are saying that Rode will go to München this summer...Hes injured so I dont think this will happen. Looks like Helmes might be coming over this summer which would be incredible.

7. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    havent been around here in a while, but as i just realized that Ive been registered here for 10 years now, maybe its time to give it a try again... :D

Eintracht is doing good keeping last years surprise-team together. With Veh, Jung, and as of today Schwegler, most of the key-personell is safe to be here next season. Rode is free to go next season, but will not be let out of his contract this summer.

Seeing how Freiburgs team is falling apart, and the sh*tloads of money that Wolfsburg, Schalke and the Brits are throwing at some of these guys, I think it is nothing short of amazing that it seems we will not lose a single key player this summer!

So if we manage to get rid of some Players like Matmour, Djakpa and Occean and add one good striker and maybe one or two more backups, I dont see why we shouldnt be looking upwards again next season... :)

HarveyDent and "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  8. BullMoose

BullMoose Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys were certainly the surprise package of the season. Sustaining it is always the challenge. Like watching Bayern under Pep and Dortmund without Götze, seeing how Eintracht manages this upcoming season will be fascinating.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I heard that Occean was leaving, going to follow Buskens to Dusseldorf.

10. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt

I'm not sure exactly where he is going but I know that he will be somewhere in the 2.BuLi next season.
    According to transfermarkt, we are in the running for basically every striker on earth. I would like to see Ya Konan from Hannover but I think he might become too expensive.
    Still worried about Zambrano leaving for sevilla.

11. BullMoose

BullMoose Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didier Ya Konan would cost a pretty penny, but he'd be a fantastic pick up. The guy is an adroit Bundesliga striker.

12. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Absolutely not in favor of Ya Konan. he's certainly had his good times in hannovers strong counter attacking team. Seeing how we played last year tough, and assuming that Veh will want to keep that style of play up, I dont think he would fit in well.

In local media Vaclac Kadlec from Slavia Prague and Niklas Bendtner from Juventus are the hot names right now. I dont know much about both of them, but I assume Bendtner would have to cut his salary at least in half for us to be able to afford him, but since he seems to have run in to a sort of dead end road in his career and has been injured, he might be willing to to that in a pre-World Cup year... I am very sceptic about his personality fitting in to this team tough...

In the end itll probably be someone else anyways. But I am actually expecting us to sign one quality striker, as this is the one position where we had serious trouble last season...

Occean heading to Düsseldorf would be a good thing I think. hes a good guy and certainly a good player for a 2nd-divisionist. Not really more than that tough. It would be good if we could get him off the payroll...

13. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    @ Schobbe: I agree, Zambrano has been quality in the second half of the season! Would be a big loss. I really hope we can keep "Bamba Zamba" together, I think they might become one of the top center-back-duos in the Bundesliga! :D

14. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Yeah, to be honest I have absolutely no idea who is going to be our striker next season. Honestly, I thought Lakic did a really good job for coming during the winter break, I have no idea what his situation is.
    I wouldnt mind Bendtner(seems decent, jumped into the flames too early) or Kadlec(new,exciting).
    The only expectation I have for next season is to avoid relegation.

15. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    to be honest I only see four teams that are really better than us, (those being this seasons top 4) but I also only see one team thats really worse (Braunschweig)... The entire league is really close, so it would be great to have a good run in the beginning again and just kinda surf on it like this season...

16. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Well, the club looks like it's being run really well now. Even if the transfers have been 50-50. if we can keep rode, trapp, jung, oczipka, these young german players then i think we can build on this success next season in europe.

17. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    I started following Eintracht about 20 years ago in the early 90s. Since then Ive seen them play in Europe and in Aue, Ive been to a Cupfinal and a step away from Regionalliga. A lot has changed in all that time, few things remained. But in all these years Oka Nikolov was allways a part of the team. Today he announced to fullfill an old dream of his and spend his last year in pro-football in the MLS. So on matchday one it will be the first time I ever experince an Eintrachtteam without Oka... all the best to him, may he find what he is looking for in the US!

HarveyDent repped this.
  18. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the club are trying to bring in another striker this window or will Joselu be the only addition up top?

19. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Eren Derdiyok from Hoffenheim looks sure to come. We were after Nicklas Bendtner for a couple weeks but then he wanted too much money. Also, Vaclav Kadlec from Prag might be coming.

20. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It would be nice to see the team have more than two on-loan options up top.

21. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well, you should be glad. Bendtner isn't that money worth and like you said he was to greedy when it comes to his his salary. Derdiyok has been really dissapointing in his time in Hoffenheim, I could easily see Ibisevic in Frankfurt and his definitely good enough and not too expensive.

22. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Ibisevic is the key man for Stuttgart. Why would he want to move to Eintracht (both teams are playing in the Europa League)? And why would Stuttgart want to sell one of their best players ?

23. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well, first of all is Ibisevic a important player for Stuttgart. I think Stuttgart is too inconsistent as a team and they're also more based on individual performance than Frankfurt. I'm not saying Stuttgart want sell Ibisevic, but based on personally ambitions I can easily see Franfkurt as a next destination in the good way in his career. Franfkurt has the quality to sign this kind of quality players and I'm not in doubt that we'll see them improve more and more for every season.

24. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt

At least Joselu should be fine up top. Derdiyok isnt really that forward who can put the balls in goal. For this reason I think if Bendtner changed his attitude then I would've preferred Nicklas. Ibisevic is good idea but same thing as bendtner his wages are the problem. Would be excited about Kadlec coming though.

25. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Well the game against Bayern was a good step up after the desaster of the first matchday. With that kind of performance we will not have to worry...

Anyways. Heading out for a weekend in Baku in 10 hours! :D