Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Footy Magoo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Is Eintracht's early season success indicative of things to come or is it a fluke? 5 home games vs 3 away is certainly favorable, but they did get 7 quality points at home vs Leverkusen, BVB, and 96. And what effect has Veh had on the club? He has his detractors but Eintracht's performance since he arrived has been exemplary and they are playing entertaining football. However his bosses have only given him 2 one year contracts giving credence to the fact they have concerns about him going forward. They will be an interesting team to watch this year.

2. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Eintracht Frankfurt face a battle to tie Sebastian Rode down to a new contract, with the youngster attracting interest from around Europe.
    [​IMG]

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Bayern and Juve ? Seriously ? Lol when those stupid journalists make up stories, they should at least make them sound realistic. Two teams who are stuck with great midfielders can not possibly want another central midfielder.

4. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Rode will all depend on whether die Adler can establish themselves in the bundesliga and maintain stability like the top half of the table yearly. If not(i think they will though), he will go to stuttgart or hannover. he's a great player but he is not bayern quality really.

5. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Hah! i wish i could delete my previous comment about rode, he is far better than i thought. havent been on here in quite some time. honestly thought there would be more interest in SGE around here but whatever. They're winning and that's all that matters.

6. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i think we are overachiving as i predicted before the season started we would finish 12th. but if we end up in europe, it would be a pleasant suprise. now if we don't fall apart like we did the last time we came back from a winter break in the bundesliga. hopefully veh is'nt as useless as daum was.

7. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    I think we have more points this time than two seasons ago we were 8th or 9th. Worst case scenario we finish 14th. We wont be relegated though. Also this starting 11 is so solid. rode, trapp, oczipka, schwegler, inui, aigner, meier. probably couldve used an upgrade at the striker position.

8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    There is just too much individual quality - Trapp, Jung,Oczipka, Rode, Schwegler, Inui and Meier are really great players. I think the results in the rueckrunde will be relatively consistent but worse than the hinrunde. You will definitely not fall apart. I think you will finish around 8th or 9th. I expect S04 and Gladbach to surpass u. Stuttgart probably too. Freiburg and Mainz will be around you. Hannover are 7 pts behind but they are a very good team. So yeah, not worse than 10th that's for sure.

9. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    with all due respect timh19, i hope your wrong. i,d love for us to get into europe somehow. i love what veh is doing, but personally i hope he don't come back if we have the chance to snag david moyes if he leaves everton for germany. moyes would fit perfectly in frankfurt.

10. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    is that an actual possibility?
    i dont know how i would feel about that, he's not german, what does he know about german football?
    germany has a lot of great coaches, im not sure we need an englishmen. the bundesliga is not the epl (thank god).

11. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i understand that. i'm with you on the bundesliga is not the epl, it's lightyears ahead of the epl (it's unfortunate the media is too ignorant to accept that, but that's another story). but, look at what moyes has done with limited funds at everton, he's made them a consistent top 6 challenger going against multi billion dollar clubs with better quality of players. i think the scot would be a perfect fit for the german style and eintracht needs to make the jump to being in the class with schalke, werder, leverkusen, dortmund and challenge constantly for european qualification. moyes style is all about football, not about money. he's all about molding young talent and not high priced players and that's similar with the german style, it's all about quality, not quantity. he's in that jurgen klopp mold and with the young talent frankfurt has, i'd be shocked if moyes did'nt come to frankfurt and win instantly.

12. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    I'm just weary of any non-germans coaching clubs that are huge and historic like SGE. i dont want this to turn into the epl

13. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i am too, the premier league is everything that's wrong with football. too much money, too much foreign talent and not enough domestic talent, cookie cutter all seaters ment for causual tourists rather than hardcore football (fußball) supporters. a title race that is done before the season begins and a limited number of teams that can challange for the title (or buy the title if you ask me). in germany, everybody has a legit chance for the title, you have some idea who might win it, but you never truly know, it could be bayern who has unlimited resources, it could be freiburg who has a bounty of young talent. us germans take our football seriously, as i adore my love SGE and if you ask me, they are the greatest thing germany has ever seen in germany's greatest city, the financial nerve center of germany and one of the cornerstone cities in germany. SGE should win the bundesliga every year if you ask me because frankfurt only deserves the best. i believe moyes is a taylor made bundesliga manager and he could take our young talent to higher levels and sell established players on the city of frankfurt and what it has to offer. time to move on up like the jeffersons to that deluxe apparment in the bundesliga.

14. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    is that even possible though? i mean are there reports of him being interested in moving to the bundesliga?

15. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes, i watch sky sports news as well as reading various reports that he has indicated he is interested in moving to germany to manage a club. i see no better fit for moyes than eintracht frankfurt. he went to a everton who was long past the glory years of howard kendall in the 1980's and prior to taking over in 2002, they had went through 17th, 14th, 13th,16th and 15th in the last five seasons. other than a 17th place season in his second season, they have went 7th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th and 7th. that's going against clubs with much more money and more high dollar players. he's consistent and that's what exactly what frankfurt needs.

16. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    oh wow, i looked it up and it seems like werder and schalke are the front runners but i could totally see us in the mix as well.

17. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, if you think about it it is quite funny. if you look at just football, schalke and werder can hold water. but more than football gelsenkirchen and bremen don't have what frankfurt has. frankfurt is a world class city than can rival any in europe, we have a top level ground that's a stones throw away from the airport. then cross the bridge to frankfurt am main and there is more culture, more quality of life and more passion than any city you can find. it really disappointed me when we got relegated because we don't belong anywhere but the top half of the bundesliga table. time for frankfurt's ownership group to start reaching for the stars because frankfurt is a big star in the bundesliga galaxy, as well as europe.

18. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    yeah, i know, i always thought that if it weren't for the 50+1 rule somebody with a lot of money would snap up SGE.

19. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but i like the 50+1 rule. it keeps the game from becoming like the premier league. i'd like to draw big names to frankfurt, some names that never played from frankfurt i wished i would have seen in a SGE kit is edgar davids, jimmy floyd hasselbaink, sebastian deisler (in his prime), tomas ujfalusi, kevin kuranyi, shunsuke nakamura, carlos valderrama among others. i'd like superstars of this quality in frankfurt, but i want frankfurt to win the honest way.

20. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    hahahah i have not heard kuranyis name in years!
    i like the rule too it's just that if we could have an investor we wouldnt have to wait so long to be great again.

21. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    a little money would'nt hurt, i just don't want us to become like chelsea. 12 managers in 12 years anyone???? lol. it's my dream to see frankfurt be the german capital of sport. our football team in europe every year, frankfurt lions back in the DEL aiming for the top spot, frankfurt skyliners competing for basketball championships, eintracht's rugby team to be tops in germany. frankfurt should be the ultimate german sports town and city of champions.

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice pick up of Lakic.

;)

23. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Wow! yeah, when we first got him i was like this is either going to be one of the smartest transfers in club history or a quiet flop. I mean it might be too early to judge but he just gave us three points.

24. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Footy Magoo repped this.
  25. Schoppe23

Schoppe23 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Veh vertrag verlaengert! back on track with a win gg. Fuerth. I'm moving back to Berlin at the end of the summer(pay raise, eff you minneapolis). Dortmund and Bayern look so solid in Europe. Life is so fantastic!