Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe/TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2012/2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by LoewenBoy, Jul 2, 2012.

?

Where will 1860 end up in May

Poll closed Sep 2, 2012.
  1. Top 3: Promoted at last!

31.3%
  2. Rank 4-6: Nice run but not quite.

43.8%
  3. Rank 7-12: Mid-table disappointment.

18.8%
  4. Rank 12-15: Almost relegated by save by the bell.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rank 16-18: Relegated to oblivion

6.3%
  1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from wiki:
    On 26 September 2007 in a match against Veria, after putting AEK Athens in front, Blanco revealed a Zorro mask from his sock and drew a big Z in the air celebrating the winning goal. He keeps doing so from time to time though referees usually punish him with a yellow card.

2. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Never ending story, part 793:

This spring, there was made an Internet survey among Löwen fans with regard to their attitude towards the stadium issue: Leave Allianz Arena or not. Oly, new Grünwalder or even a new stadium somewhere else. I participated myself(as 5000 others) and the results will be published on Friday.

Right about this time there are several reports quoting supervisory board boss Otto Steiner that "the results beard out our decision to work on options for 1860 beside Allianz Arena. Ideally, we want a solution in about 3-5 years. The results clearly shows a strong will for a different home ground. We at 1860 also have come to the conclusion that our being as tenants does not offer a prospect for 1860."

"Firstly, Allianz arena does burden financially to much in the long-term, the costs would be even to high in 1st Buli. Secondly, after avoided bankruptcy, it is possible again to think on a long term basis and a own home is the central point in our vision of a future. There seems to be a 3 step-plan: 1. funding, Hamada Iraki is searching for investors. Ismaik will not play the major part here though. 2. the location, they dont look for public finacial support but they hope a secured funding would overcome walls that seemed to be inviolable. 3. clear the financial conditions with our current landlords to leave AA."

Wow, just about 15 years too late... but would be a dream coming true..... but will only believe it if I will find myself in Nordkurve in LöwenArena Riem drinking beer with LB standing next to me while we'll both be having tears in the eyes.

russ99 repped this.
  4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    okay so - the Aston Martin deal doesn't preclude a deal with Audi? Help me out with that one.

Second, new stadium talk? New STADIUM? Really?

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nope, as Audi is pushing Ingolstadt up so we wont get to see them taking a n investment at 1860. The reason for why you see Audis there is that premium sponsor MAHAG, a huge auto dealer in Munich, sells VWs and Audis. As Aston Martin is trikotsponsor to this date, Mahag is just in the premium pool and it isnt AUDI itself to advertise here - there should be no problem. But Im not that involved in club mgmt as you are, panic.

Second: yes it seems so. Im kinda surprised why Im not euphoric, as it could be what so many prayed for a long time. Anyway there is a bit euphoria in me to see the club moving ahead and there seem to be some people wisely acting people in charge.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks WB..

So Mahag is the big local dealer, and the poster will probably just be a local view. Okay I've seen it before with European teams, but just wanted to clarify. Guessing the players can get deals on Aston Martin's, Audi's or VW's..

==
    Stadium - well 3-5 years seems reasonable. Estimated costs - €200,000 ?

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The possible scenarios they talked about when it was about to rebuild Grünwalder Stadion was a stadium around 30.000 to 40.000 + "1860" seats in boxes. If I had to make an educated guess I would say around 75.000.000,- €

Considering what the stadiums of Augsburg and Ingolstadt did cost, and Fürths will cost, what 1860 will have to pay in order to be allowed to build a stadium when the city actually is still insisting there is no ground to build one, that it hopefully wont look that "off-the-shelf" like others(assuming they want to sell business tickets to people not able to enter the bayern pool) but though not too expensive ... and that they will talk with the fans for a new stadium.... after all, with the right investors, the annual cost will be lower for 1860.

8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    The stadium approach is similar to one put forward years ago. Get out of AA in the long term and have our own grounds. Redoing the GW is too expensive, but if we leave entirely the city will just bulldoze that area and build houses....they want the income. ;)

Would like to see a plan where they put a new stadium in its place like London did.

I would toast any new stadium deal with you WB.

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    €75 million would be a bargain.

Could you bulldoze GW and build fresh there?

10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Dunno.

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude! You are my man with the know.

Checking with my peeps to see what they say too.

12. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't they get 'dienstwagens'?

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yes mgmt has three. Nice rides.

GW is an option as BW said but what the city will allow is another option. A Wembley style redo is the best option. Given its location to the Mittlerring, few would want to live in apartments built that clode to traffic. Outside the city is the only greenfield option but would likely be too far out.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a redo of GW is the best option - makes sense.
    ==
    What is a dienstwagan?

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The players don't get vehicles?!

panicfc, 'company cars', to answer your question

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks.

Most don't "give" cars to everyone, but they probably get a great deal from the dealership. I know that one Bundesliga club had a deal for their players - Audi A6 - €300 per month, A4 €200 per month. I would be okay with those types of leases. That wasn't a Bavarian club.

Chrysler offered a deal that any Bundesliga player could get a SUV for €150-200 back in 2005-2007.

17. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It would be hard given the "tightness" of the area.

Also, they don't have that kind of money.........

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You'd be surprised........

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't have money for a start from scratch stadium either, but apparently they are talking about it right?

3-5 years, better than the Revolution's talk of a new stadium ;)

20. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So correct me if I'm wrong...the annual presentation of vehicles to the Bayern players, they are not loaners? Pffft! Forget it, I was just doing it for the free car! :D

panicfc repped this.
  21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Damn, Josh...you have the wrong Muenchen-based club. THIS side of Gruenwalderstrasse cannot afford to give players cars. :D

As for a new stadium, Hoeness has recently said, "We always wanted to own something by ourselves. And the fans have always pushed us that they want their own stadium and not one that is half blue. The absolute dream come true for me is the day when we can afford to say, 'We're finally alone in the arena, and now we are installing red seats.'"

HOWEVER, we both know that Uli is like this with regard to money and the REAL issue is how much money is UH willing to give up to totally own the AA.

We already gave them our share of the AA for 11m which is FAR below the value of those shares. So if he REALLY wants this dream he should tell 1860 they can leave when they want and name his final buy-out price. But we both know he won't do that because he is shrewed and won't leave a red cent (pardon the pun) on the table. The ball is really in his court.

footyfan1 and Boandlkramer repped this.
  22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They could be, but not for all players. Of course Bayern probably gets better deals than most. Wolfsburg does do free cars for everyone, but that is expected.

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    1860 was given (for use, not owning) 2-3 cars last spring. One went to Schaefer. The other to Schneider I think or is used as a car to pick up folks for front office business. I am not aware of the players getting "Dienstwagens" as part of their contracts, but you never know. Hell, even *I* got a car for being a manager in my company when I was there, so it is possible that cars are built into contracts. Given that Schneider is a car salesman there might be something there. But certainly AM did not give players any cars. They may have gotten discounts but that's me guessing.

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They've "talked" about loads of shit concerning a stadium over the years. None of which came to fruitition except the one which put them at the mercy of their worst enemies.

Which is also why the people who have followed this club the longest seem to be taking it with more than just a grain of salt.

25. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I was just indulging in the discussion. €75 million is a long way away for 60, and I don't see how they get it done for less than €100 million.