Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe/TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2011/2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by LoewenBoy, Jun 8, 2011.

1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    W/B's post and response about 11/12 Kaderplannung here. Continue conversation below.:cool:

Los geht's!

2. Floormaster Squeeze

Sep 27, 2007
    Some Hill, VT
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Botswana
    Welcome to the white and blue future!

3. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I had been paying peripheral attention to the 1860 melodrama for the past few months so I decided to skim through the 200+ pages of the previous thread. It took me a couple weeks to go through it and hopefully I read the most important posts to get the history.

All I can say is, what an interesting saga for the neutral bystander to read. I want to commend LB for his excellent reporting and commentaries all through the year. I'm not a supporter but I have great sympathy for the life long fans and what they had to put up with from the hacks that ran this storied club. Hopefully Ismaik turns out to be everything you hope for and following 1860 can now be focused on the pitch rather than all the associated crap of recent times.

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Wow, what patience for a casual observer you have. :D

I think everyone is interested in seeing how the Ismaik investment works out. It could end up being a rather innovative model if done right. He appears to be a patient man and middle eastern businessmen are renound for being patient and allowing things to develop. However, they also demand honesty and forthrightness; things which 1860 have lacked in the past.

I like that he is not immediately splashing out millions just to buy players. He likes what he say last season, wants to keep the good fruit and prune the bad branches. He also wants to buy good, cheap players who may be hungry. With the keepers we have all we really need is a decent middle defense (with a few back-ups) and a few solid DMs and we are good. Another solid attacker would not be bad either. For these reasons I think he might splash just a bit in these areas for someone like Bell.

I cannot wait to see what else comes. My expectation is a top 5 finish, though I would accept 5-7 too depending on how competitive and how close the top 7 really are. Of course, health, schedules and luck play into this too. :D

5. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LB, I think you use the subscription tv service. Can you give a quick review of it? Things I'd be interested in....

- How good is the quality of the video?
    - Does it just have the full length matches or also highlights, interviews, etc. ?
    - Any problems with the service like it not functioning or matches not being available?

Thanks!

6. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

It's off season so I had to find some way to spend my time. :) Besides that, my fantasy team for years has been call the Lion. ;)

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yes, it's called LoewenTV. I have not had any issues with it. I have a very high speed fiber optic line into my home so streaming and buffering is never an issue. The video quality is about 320p. On my 20" computer screen it is a bit grainy but you don't notice it after a while. To be honest it is like "old television" used to be. After you watch HD often enough ANYTHING that does not look totally crisp and clean you think is shiite. :D I have streamed it to my HD TV to watch as well and it is fine.

You get the full length matches. They post them roughly one hour after the match has concluded so you have to avoid the scores and message boards for a while unless you want the surprise spoiled. They currently run them in 15 min file segments, so you get three streams per half. Some find that a pain but I had no issues with it. The games stay online all year so you can re-watch them any time. Also, if you travel all you need to do is log in to their website and you can watch from anywhere in the world. They also have press conferences and highlights. The former are free on ligatv.de anyway but the highlights are not there.

The cost is about right...approximately US$40/season. The ONLY problem I had was my account froze out one time (my fault) but the techie guy fixed it at 23:00 his time on a Friday night!!! That's was service!!!!

For the price it is a great deal. I hope they continue this service under Ismaik. I assume he will since he is all about marketing. I hope the price stays the same, though to be honest I would probably pay more...especially if the quality was 480p or better like Hulu or Crackle.

8. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy for the bright future of this club!!

9. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang, must spread more rep....

Thanks a lot for the information LB.

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn, that is what I was thinking too. Only the club officials announced to want to transfer just one DM and one CB. The Problem is that the Rakic and Rukavina transfers will take time - maybe even the three months until 31th August. Interesting if there is money enough ... and I think the second CB or DM will only step up in case the others have left.

I see Aygün as the stopgap CB. No. 4 behind Bell, Buck, new No. 3. I my view Bülow should stick to the DM. He´s no alternative here. A play making, good passing DM(so. like Nuri Sahin) beside the destroying and strong defending DM Stahl. Agree with Kaiser, think he surely improved after his half season at Bielefeld. Id even say there could be fight by Kaiser and Malura for the RB spot. Yeah not quite sure about the strikers. It seems sure that Volland leaves in winter. What about Schäffler then ? Is he good enough, good as Volland showed this last season ?

Everything is possible between 3-13.

-----------------Kiraly------------------(Ochs, Bussmann)
    ----------------------------------------
    --Malura----NEW------Buck-----Feick---(Kaiser, Bell/new, Aygün, Schwarz,
    ----------------------------------------Hofstetter)
    ------------NEW-----Stahl-------------(Bülow, Schindler, NEW)
    --Aigner-----------------------Halfar---(Camdal, Bierofka, Wood)
    ------------Volland---------------------(Schäffler, NEW/loan))
    ---------------------Lauth-------------(Ziereis)

Not to forget the winter shopping window. In case of promotion race or relegation threat, there´ll be "notable" transfers quite sure. Dont think there´ll be if its again about places 7-11.

11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    We agree on things *on* the pitch a lot more than you think.

I think money is only an issue because Ismaik has the team on a budget. He has told the front office that he will only spend (x) Euros this season. Mauer knows he needs a DM and CB. He also knows that Rukavina will leave at some point and he (maybe even the front office) is willing to keep him and let him go on a free if there are no offers. Rakic I cannot really see going anywhere. He's just not in demand.

Agreed. Assuming we keep Bell that would be my choice too. With Feick on the left (Kaiser as back up), Buck, Bell, Rukavina (with Maulra behind him), I think we are ok. Buelow can be a stop gap CB if Ayguen is injured or suspended but we need more depth there. Always have.

Agree on Buelow or Stahl. Not impressed with Schindler in the DM or CB role right now. Maybe he will get better. He is too Berhalterish (first season with 60). Too many patzers.

Kaiser is one of those guys you can put left or right. We also have Benny Schwarz but I doubt his knee will ever be the same. Isn't he BACK for another OP this summer?

I keep waiting for Schaeffler to show me what he did in the U19s and U23s and he continues to disappoint (Keith, note the day and time). I think the strike pair until winter will be Lauth and Volland with Rakic and Schaeffler coming in as subs. We also have Bobby Wood and Ziereis waiting for their chances. Personally I think both Schaeffler and Rakic will be given one more chance to prove themselves and then Wood or Ziereis will step in and really shine. Volland is as good as gone in Dezember. Too bad.

I would agree here. I forgot Camdal and Hofstetter but you have them right. My biggest concern is Halfar. If we cannot re-sign him we need another AM. Maybe Camdal? Finally give the boy his shot like Gebhart?

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Kader Plannung...

• Here is a very good article about Rakic's future at 1860. While Mauer and Hinterberger appear to want him out, Rakic has said that he wants to stay with the club and intends to fulfill his contract, further noting he wants to "fight for his position" and "score 10 goals" this season. Problem is that Mauer wants that 4th spot for the up and coming strikers like Wood and Ziereis. Also speculated was that, if 1860 cannot unload Rakic (currently no offers for him) they might do to him what they did to Beda: strand him in the U23s until next summer.
    • In the same article as above, Hinterberger notes a change in the way 1860 manages its players. I am paraphrasing but essentially he hints at the fact the club either kept on old, injured players as a sort of social security payment to them or held players that were of no use to the club. Hinterberger says that will change under his administration. Good news I think.
    • Hinterberger is also keen on retaining Stefan Bell from Mainz. Coach Tucher has said that Bell is 4th or 5th in his depth chart and that Bell will be relegated to playing for Mainz's U23 team in the RL. However at 1860 he is a clear starter. Why Mainz would not extend his loan is beyond me. Herr Heidel, the Mainz manager responsible for player issues, is currently on vacation. Hinterberger tells 1860 fans to be patient as he needs time to negotiate with Mainz to secure Bell. Here is an article that speculates there are offers at Mainz for Bell and that he may be too expensive for 1860 to keep.
    • The profis played a testpsiel against a small side from Landsberg am Lech. Here is the line-up and who scored.
    • 1860 confirms that Uhlsport will be providing the kits this season. I have never had one of their kits so not sure what the fit is like. At least it ain't Kappa.:rolleyes: No announcement on when or what the new kit will look like.
    • This is a pictorial link to possible new and leaving players. Some possible names not already mentioned.
      • Marin Matos: A Croate who plays in Hungary who plays in the #8 role. Was at RB Salzburg in their youth system before goint to Ujpest Budapest.
      • Danny Baier: Every year he is mentioned as coming back to 1860. Not sure how real this is.
      • Julian Ratei: Left for Darmstadt.
      • Camdal has an offer from Turkey.
      • Pazurek left for Saarbruecken.
      • David Manga: KSC is interested in him.

13. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Kader Plannung...

From what I know (wife is an Ujpest supporter), Ujpest rate him. He's a productive player and could be a good fit with Sechzig.

14. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

Any idea what he plays? Everything I see simply says midfield. Does he play AM? Is he a winger? The club website shows he played 10 games but that was as of March. The English side of the website is not updated and my Hungarian sucks.:cool:

15. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

My Hungarian is not much better. I am working to find out more.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is Matos' transfermarkt.de profile.

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Seems like another Camdal to me: Kid with potential but not a lot of first team action. Well, let's see if he is another diamond in the rough or acubic zirconia.;)

18. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Löwen News: The Rakic-Rukavina Affair

• The plot thickens. The AZ is reporting today that Hinterberger is a bit pissed off about Rakic's insistend about playing out his contract. Rakic may see this as being loyal, but the club is seeing this as being stubborn and self-protectionist. Rukavina is reacting differently. While he says he is happy to stay and likes playing for the club, he says if other offers come he will entertain them; essentially saying "If the club wants me to go, and I like the offers, I will leave." Rakic's head is in the sand and simply does not want to leave...most likely because he knows there are no offers for him and might mean 3.BL football or leaving Germany for lesser leagues.
    • What I DON'T get from the article above is how Rakic can be considered "expensive". The article claims both players are on the club's departure list simply because they are too costly. With Rukavina we know that to be true, but Rakic? I did not think he was earning all that much, unless my boy Micki gave the guy a contract with kickers in it. Maybe the club means he is expensive relative to what he is/has given back to the team. If Maurer is not defending the guy then THAT should show you something too, because it was about the time he benched Rakic that the whole kerfuffle between Stevic and Maurer got started....and we know who won THAT argument.:cool:
    • If you look at the comments below this article one of the posters notes that Rakic pulled the same shiite at RB Salzburg when they told him he was not longer wanted. He dug in his heels, used the same "loyalty" speech and sat out his contract with the U23s (where he did not get much playing time either) until Stevic rescued his countryman and gave him a job in Muenchen.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Löwen News: The Rakic-Rukavina Affair

I believe you hit the nail on the head with the ending of your first paragraph.

Rakic is digging in to get paid. As you stated, he really has nowhere else to go.

Red Bull Leipzig won't even take him for obvious reasons...... ;)

20. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

I literally forgot this is what he pulled at RB Salzburg until I read that post in the comment section. That's EXACTLY what he did when Huub Stevens said he wanted to sell him. Rakic dug his heels in, said he would work harder and fight for his job, was told "no" and asked to reconsider, he didn't and was sent packing to the U23s and told he would not make it back to the first team. Surely he sees staying at 1860 as the only way to keep his career going. That, and playing for the U23s (assuming that coach plays him at all) is better than playing second team matches in the Austrian BL.;)

Maurer has flat out said Rakic is #4 in the depth chart. Given Schaeffler's form, that should tell you what Maurer thinks of Rakic. Now, Maurer does not strike me as a guy to hold a grudge or bench a player simply because he does not like the guy who hired him, so there has GOT to be more to this saga than we will ever know.

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    1860 beats the crap out of a small side 10-0. Rakic is a ball hog and scored four goals in one half.:rolleyes:

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't necessarily believe Rakic being put in as #4 means Maurer thinks anything of him.

They could simply be trying to give Schaeffler a boost coming back in.

One thing we agree on is that Schaeffler still has the potential to come good.

And if he does, he's certainly a better option than Rakic.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe that club will want Rakic now! LOL!!

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    From the reports it appears the goals he scored were "ball hog" type goals. That's not a pro move. That's something someone does to pad their resume.:rolleyes::cool:

I hope Maurer sees through that.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe it is the reports he needs to see through.

I assume Maurer was there and saw the goals.

He'll know what to think........