Edison Mendez

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by yusukesisepuede, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    And again

2. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    how do you ignore a user can someone show me so i can use this feature?

also why hasnt he been banned yet?

were are the mods when you need them?

3. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Mommy he stole my candy

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    what is that suposto mean?

6. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Freud calls this, "Ecuadorian Penis Envy"

Hey Paul, our bananas are riped. I invite you to try one.:D

7. yusukesisepuede

yusukesisepuede New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Tokyo,Japan
    Mendez never joins to national team from now????
    I cannot believe that.

do you think mendez will change his idea in future?

8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Mendez was fantastic against the Spurs! Since he quited with the NT he's doing very well! Very, very important in European matches!

9. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    thats great news thanks.

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    if he played so good against Tottenham, he should be fit enough to play for the NT

11. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    its not even worth complaining anymore.
    what he did was very unprofesional, quiting just becuase he disagrees with AN ECUADORIAN MAN BEING HIS LEADER IN THE NT.
    in other words being a bitch. but hey i guess i just complained lol.

12. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Well, I think he got his place in the first eleven back, as defensive midfielder.

He might come back for the NT next year. although he earned a lot of respect here to prefer PSV above Ecuador. But that might be thanks to the fact most of the PSV fans don't like national team football. v. Bommel is an hero here because he refuged to play for v. Basten (Dutch NT).

In small matches he's not that great (say: weak) but in important matches, against big teams, he's always fantastic!

13. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's not true. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14027016&postcount=406

14. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    "el mediocampista afirmo que no tendria problemas en sentarse a conversar con Vzuete pero solo lo haria como un hincha mas de la seleccion.le pediria disculpas si lo ofendi pero solo fue sincero."

learn to read between the lines man. study what he said the first
    time. to me its pretty clear, if some people just want to put a blindfold over there eyes then go ahead.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah, maybe I'm just taking it very personally but if he decides that club > NT, then he shouldn't go around saying he'll still be an "hincha of the seleccion" when he has the means to play, the ability, and the talent but doesn't want to because it'll cost him his starting spot...fake patriotism, or just trying to mend fences in case another coach takes over if Vizuete is a flop? It just doesn't make sense to me because he'll be a fan of a team he, at least in my interpretation, turned his back on in the last minute

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He made a professional and personal desicion. Playing for a NT team is not a right, but an honor and a priviledge. He chose to wave that right over his job, a PSV player, these people pay his salary.

Whatever the reasons; mayber he doesn't like Vizuete and his approach, so he said, "I'm done."

Why is that so hard to believe. He made the choice! I rather have him leave than bring bad blood to the NT. I think he made the right choice!

17. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    professional?... quiting becuase you dont like someone is professional?... thats some third grade shit...
    I guess ima stop goin to school becuase i hate my english teacher.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You misunderstood how I used the word professional;
    I said he made a "professional" desicion, meaning a "career" based choice. A desicion based on his "work" at his club.

I did not use the word "professional" to describe his actions or level of maturity as in "he acts professional".

By the way, your comparison of not going to school and him not playing for the NT is ridiculous. A third grader doesn't have that choice, a footballer does! And you will notice it has happened a lot in football history amongs NT coaches and players.

Like I said, if he doesn't want to play - whatever the reasons, none of us know for sure - thats fine by me. He can sit at home instead of stirring unecessary crap amongs the players and staff. And yes, I admire him for realizing that perhaps he would do more harm than good to the NT.

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    sometimes the sign of a good professional is someone that shows up to work regardless of the adversities or differences he might have with his boss. A real professional knows how to be civil and how to participate. Many people don't like their boss, or their offices, or the distances, and yes the NT is differernt because its voluntary, but its an HONOR to wear those colors when you're called, and then to say "no thanks" for petty disputes, its like people get really offended because they know its a smokescreen. Mendez has money now, NT isn't too important to him anymore the way the paycheck is. Our NT is a fabric of our country, one of the few things people from all over our country can rally around and love, he was arguably our brightest star of the past year and a half and then turns his back on everybody because of a few differences and some weak ass excuses. And then he wants to participate as an hincha? when the hinchas know he belongs in the field instead; I mean wtf??

20. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    and i guess u misunderstood the "third grade" and "not goin to school" statements...they werent supposed to go together...when i said "third grade shit" i meant his actions were something you expect from a third grader.. "and
    me quiting school" meant actualy ME...as you know i am a junior in high school and i could now legaly drop out, so it wasnt a ridiculus comparison, BUT I WONT AND IF I EVER DID MAKE THAT IDIOTIC DECISION I KNOW IT WONT BE BECUASE I HAVE TO DEAL WITH TEACHERS OR DEANS I DISLIKE OR BECUASE WAKING UP AT 5:00 A.M. TO GO TO A CRAPPY SCHOOL LIKE FLUSHING GETS TIRING...

""""He can sit at home instead of stirring unecessary crap amongs the players and staff.""""
    thats also unbelievably immature... thats like scratching your dads bently becuase he wont buy you a toy... but perhaps that does earn him a little respect... I personaly lost all my respect towards him, i give him his props and thank him for what he's done but thats it.

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, you still can't compare your examples...you are going to school to get an education to better yourself as an individual to increase your chances for success as an adult. Now if he decided to do not go to practice because he dislikes his manager at PSV - then you might be able to draw up a better comparison.

Look, I'm not defending him and no, I am not happy with his attitude. My point is just that if that is the attitude he wants to have - then Mendez and his attitude can stay in Holland and that's fine by me. Don't be bringing that shit to the NT! And that is by far a more mature way to look at it than having him fly all the way to Ecuador just to be an unhappy little bitch and spread the bad vibes toward a team that needs to look forward with a positive outlook, or they will continue to play like shit and lose, no matter how many "stars" the NT has!

To Mendez I say, "Thank you very much but we'll do fine without you!"
    The guy has his reasons for being a quitter and we can question them all we want...but in the end, it will get us no where. I prefer to now ask the question, "Ok, so now who takes his place?"

22. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Mendez is a player who wants to give 200%, he isn't a player who's able to give 50%. He always was very tired after the trips to Ecuador and that's why he wasn't able to give 200% for the NT (and/or PSV). Some people just can't stand that, and so can't Mendez. He had 2 choices to solve that problem:

1.) Don't give 200% at the NT (or PSV), what he isn't able to do.
    2.) Move back to South-America and give up his European carreer.
    3.) Give up his NT carreer.

He chosed for option 3... Give some talent the chance to play in your NT, might be even better.

23. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    "Aunque volvió a aclarar que su salida se da por motivos personales y no por el nombramiento del nuevo estratega, manifestó que ciertos inconvenientes con la Federación Ecuatoriana de Fútbol lo orillaron a dar un paso al costado."

He has beef with FEF. That's it. They don't treat him with the respect that he deserves.

Yes, he made a professional decision because his career comes first. As for national pride, I guess he's pulling a 'Seinfeld' -- calling it quits when you're on top. He scored the only goal in Ecuador's first World Cup victory and performed even more memorably in the 2006 World Cup. He's already a legend and a national hero. Why should he continue busting his ass if they're gonna continue to treat him like shit?

24. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    your still not reading between the lines... if it was ONLY beef with the f.e.f why didnt he quit before?, he waited like 3 months after there last match, and then quit coincidently immediately after vizuete was named our coach?...
    and "national hero"? my ass i dont think a hero would quit? do you?
    he might HAVE BEEN A HERO.

the reasons for doing each might be different but your looking into the comparison way to hard, it wasnt meant to go that deep... now the psv one would be a bad comparison becuase you have to go, you have a legaly binding contract....if he acts like a bitch there he knows he gonna lose some $$... the school one is better becuase you go becuase you want to and it should be a priority, your not getting paid, and shouldnt drop out becuase of some differences you have with authorative figures like a coach or teacher.

and yea i know you arent defending him, i just disagree with the fact that he should recieve any kind of respect for being a quitter. your example of him coming to the national and stirring up trouble shouldnt happen anyways a man with his age ,profesion, backround(futbolistico) should be mature enough to handle himself in humble way at all times. But i guess everyone has different views. You might think we lost vietnam and i might think we tied.

25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guys, Honestly I think he will play again for the National Team, The thing with Mendez is that he isn't always sure what he wants, I dont know if any of you remember that when he played for Deportivo Quito he had problems claiming that the team wasn't pushing his transfer to a foreign team because they were waiting on a better offer, Then he played for Santos in Mexico and he felt he wasn't given a fair opportunity[just because they didn't let him kick that penalty against America] and then right before the world cup he said that his goal was not to comeback to Liga but to go play in Europe after the cup, Now he is just upset because he lost his starting position in PSV so he blames anything he can, given the fact that he dislikes Vizuete...there you go, Its the National teams' fault, but before he lost his starting role didnt he say that he wanted to comeback and play IN AN ECUADORIAN TEAM because his mom is very sick? Barcelona tried to sign him, but PSV wanted 2 million dollars. But one thing we can't deny is that he is an excellent footballer and in my opinion he always busted his @ss playing in the NT, he will be hard to replace which I dont think we will have to, but in such case I think the logical decision would be Lara, Quiroz, Valencia and Castillo as our starting midfielder some people will say that Urrutia should start and he might, but two defensive mids [quiroz and Castillo] and two offensive [Lara, Valencia] seems like the thing to do.