Edison Mendez

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by yusukesisepuede, Oct 14, 2005.

1. yusukesisepuede

yusukesisepuede New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Tokyo,Japan
    edison mendez is the most excellent midfielder in ecuador.
    this doesn't have the room for the doubt.
    but, he is not known well in the world.

why he doesn't go to Europe League??
    he should become a BIG!!!

2. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Re: Edison Mendez should go to Europe!!

I agree, but he screwed himself up, after he left D.Quito, he had a pre-concrat with Racing de Avellaneda and only had to fly there and sign, but at the last moment he was convinced by his manager (diego herrera) to go to El nacional.

If he had gone to argentina he would of had a good chance of making it to europe.

3. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto
    Re: Edison Mendez should go to Europe!!

it's true about Mendez. but he still has a chance. i predict after the WC 2006, he will be joining a team in Europe. Malaga and Zaragoza, both of La Liga, expressed interest in him.

4. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto
  5. PSV1913

PSV1913 New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Edison Mendez scored two times in his first match for PSV!! He played for an hour. Great start, great player.
    There's also a big chance he will start next tuesday in the home match against FC Liverpool in the Champions League, because our captain Cocu is suspended for that game.

6. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    In the U.S., ESPN will televise the PSV-Liverpool match so I hope Mendez is on the pitch.

7. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yep... Mendez is probably our best player, along with Valencia and Kaviedes, so I am just a little suprised at his excellent debut! good luck to PSV on tuesday and i hope mendez plays!

8. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    omg i am an idiot! how did i not know that my fav ecuadorian went to psv. :eek: great news!

9. PSV1913

PSV1913 New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    The Netherlands
    He's on loan for this season.

10. Ecua_Man

Ecua_Man New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Hackensack, NJ
    I hear that there's another ecuadorian playing in Holland....a guy by the name of Valencia...does anybody know anything about this guy?

11. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    This is old news kid,that baller is Jose Luis Valencia Murillo,he's been playing in Holland for the last 5 years.First with Ajax,NEC,and now with Willem 2.The is the guy that la selecion needs in the left side.BTW,welcome to the boards!:cool:

12. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    After all that drama with PSV not wanting to sign him becuase of his illness,I think they rolled the dice and hit the jackput.And it's only the begining,,,,,,better times will come.:cool:

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup, that valencia should also be in the national team.

btw guys, if you dont mind please visit my website and let me know what you think (it is photography)

www.ryanasta.com

14. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    NICE,keep up the good work,,,,,,I'm proud of you!;)

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks. :( when i studied in ecuador i forgot my camera charger and never told my dad to mail it to me. i cant wait to go back

16. PSV1913

PSV1913 New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    The Netherlands
    I know everything about all PSV news, but this is totally new for me. What illness?
    I know that Mendez is on loan, because PSV doens't have enough money right now to buy him.

17. CoenD2

CoenD2 New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Utrecht
    Check what the Dutch newpapers said about Mendez

Cocu is suspended so it's almost sure Mendez will start against Liverpool tonight.

Line up?
    ...................Gomes...............
    Kromkamp..... Alex.........Salcido.....Reiziger
    Afellay...........Simons..........Culina
    ..................Mendez...................
    ...........Farfan.......Koné................

18. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    I saw the highlites on Edison yesterday and i have to say i was very impressed...i used to watch him play every weekend when he played here in Mexico with santos laguna..he is a very promising player and i have no doubt he will make an impact in Holland...i hope he starts tonite against liverpool.

19. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    All sports writers of the Dutch morning newspapers pay tribute to Edison Mendez, who crowned his PSV debut with a first-half double against Willem II last Saturday night.
    Mendez eye-catcher at PSV is the headline on AD Sportwereld’ front page ‘Unknown player became a new club hero within thirty minutes”, added the national newspaper. ‘He entered the pitch a complete stranger, ahead of the Willem II-PSV tie (1-3), but when he was replaced by Jason Culina on the hour-mark, he had become a new club hero. Edison Mendez set foot on Dutch soil only a week ago, but that did not prevent him from making an outstanding debut. The Ecuadorian put in a fine performance and put the icing on the cake by scoring a double on his debut.”

Edison Mendez, another Latin American PSV quality player, is the headline in de Volkskrant. ‘A discerning football player was unveiled as a present to the crowd in the Willem II stadium on a fine late summer evening. Edison Mendez from Quito in Ecuador, can score goals, deliver passes with both feet, picks up knocks without complaining and commits fouls when necessary. He is all over the place. He is quick as lightning and shows passion and energy. It cannot be a coincidence he has closed a deal with PSV, the top club in Holland for Latin American players. Only one Brazilian player in the service of PSV, goalkeeper Gomes, made an appearance, as Alex was ill and Tardelli has not completed his paper work yet. But PSV fielded a Mexican, a Peruvian and an Ecuadorian. Mendez crowned a debut with two goals and a 3-1 win. He will be eligible next Tuesday when PSV open their Champions League campaign against Liverpool, which is a pleasant surprise, as Cocu serves a suspension,’

(…) ‘Mendez, whose first name is Edison, the inventor of the light bulb, which was to bring fame to PSV sponsor Philips.’

Mendez gives PSV more energy is the headline in the Eindhovens Dagblad, a local newspaper. ‘Ronald Koeman’s face clearly revealed relief and contentment. The coach, whose new signings were often alleged to be a waste of money, watched with satisfaction how Mendez, his latest player to strengthen the PSV squad, became beyond question man of the match.

(…) ‘Salcido in particular was outstanding; he was played as centre back on the left in the heart of defence to fill in for Alex, who had reported sick. He will play in the same position when PSV take on Liverpool. Either Addo or Reiziger will be dropped from the starting line-up, when Alex returns.

20. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you have good eye for talent!

by the way, i see you are tigres supporter! hope they can pick themselves outta the little hole they are in now!

21. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    good news to drink too:)

22. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Thanx...yea i hope we can get back on track.

23. Ecua_Man

Ecua_Man New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Hackensack, NJ
    Yoryi...thanks for the reply and the wellcome. Just a few more questions: How old is Jose Valencia? has he ever played in Ecuador? Why isn't he in the national team?

24. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

Jul 21, 2006
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh Mendez was awesome today against Liverpool, he was arguably Man of the Match!, he had one of his trademark fierce shots at goal and made a good pass to Kone who missed a sitter from it! And then he had another shot that went just over the post. He was great! Full of energy and determination

25. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Mendez has hepatitis B,has you can see by the way he plays it is not critical nor that serious.I read on an ecuadorian paper that this is why PSV was hesitating on signing him.But I think PSV made a wise choice,hopefully they can get the cash and buy his pass from Liga.