Edin Džeko @ AS Roma

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vitez, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    True, but imagine if he signed for Milan and managed to win the Serie A. He would have collected titles from 3 of the major leagues - like Ibra who won La Liga, Eredivisie, and Serie A, and now with a chance to win Ligue 1.

Speaking of titles, neither Man City nor Wolfsburg have won league titles in the past 4 decades (I think that's the number) before Dzeko. Pretty cool.

bosna10 repped this.
  2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    during the penalty shoot out. lol...

hart made a fool out of himself. dude is garbage. buffon shits all over joe hart. he couldn't even save a penalty. lol....[​IMG]

bosna10 repped this.
  3. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    For sure. I think we'll see another title from another league fairly soon. Dzeko is still young so it's not like we're talking about a guy who is 30+ here...and yes the last part is pretty cool indeed.

Zeljo Fanatico repped this.
  4. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    What other title? If Chelsea get Hulk, Oscar, and Maicon, they'll breeze to the top of England this season.

5. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    if dzeko were to come to milan and lets say win a few league titles/even a CL...he'd be worshiped!!!
    [​IMG]

6. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Twitter is heating up with rumors that Edin is getting swapped with Arsenal. Only blockade now to that deal is that Arsenal told RVP that he wasn't going anywhere for the next 12 months.

That is the only option left for Edin. Either way I think this is great for him. He needs competition. He needs to get better. There are things that he could learn from Balo, Aguero and Tevez. It will only increase his stock.

As Bosna10 said, he's young, he can still grow more. We shall see. Hopefully he gets his fighting spirit and edges out either Balo or Tevez.

bosna10 repped this.
  7. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If he stays at City, he'll ride the bench no doubt. But Dzeko will love this because he's getting the money. Stupid Merc.

8. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Out of all people you are a big believer that things need to come together perfectly so it's not all about how much money you spend. Imo, City has much more talent compared to United yet they won their title in the last seconds of the game pretty much. Similarly in Chelsea winning the CL. Go around and ask most people and they'll tell you that Chelsea worked their asses off and needed some luck to win it. (still deserved it though).

9. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I don't see how Chelsea buying all this talent gets them the title. Look at city: Bought amazing players, crashed out of the CL, and had to win on GD! Money can't buy silverware, but it can make it easier.

10. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    That's last season.

Chelsea have signed Hazard, Marin, de Bruyne, Lukaku, and are close to wrapping up deals for Hulk, Oscar, and Maicon. If those three come, they'll overtake City this season in England. Di Matteo is a better manager than Mancini and he managed to win the CL and FA Cup last season with an older and less dynamic version of Chelsea meaning he did it with the likes of Lampard, Drogba, and Terry no longer at their best. He was at a big disadvantage last season. Won't be the case this season though. Chelsea's depth would be stronger too.

11. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    5 of those players could easily flop. Di Matteo better come with something better than parking the bus because they got real lucky in the CL.

Again, buying all this quality doesn't mean ish. They have to understand how to play together, learn their role in the team, and work together in 4 different competitions. To me, that's asking too much in a time with so many new players coming together.

12. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Inter, Chelsea, Bayern, etc. etc. etc. have all spent money to win titles which proves that money does indeed buy you silverware.

Of course there are rarities where sides like Dortmund and Montpellier won mostly based on hard work and low budgets but even the big spending teams have to work hard to win titles. They just get the advantage of having alot of money to spend on good players.

13. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Chelsea deserved to win the Champions League last season, there was very little luck attached to that.

4 key men suspended for the CL final and they still won. How is that lucky?

14. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    True, especially Di Matteo being smarter than Mancini. This is one reason i'm starting to hate Chelsea to be honest. I can't stand when people come and tell me how much money the team has and how they're buying all the best players. I wish they start implementing a Cap system so it gets rid of all that bs.

15. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Just like Zeljo was supposed to breeze past Maribor, according to you?

anticule repped this.
  16. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I guess you didn't watch the Semis? Or the quarters? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but there was a lot of luck involved in their parking the bus tactics.

I apologize, my statement is too strong. Money can buy silverware, but not in a consistent manner. The key is to have a team that can build off one another. Buying incredible talent is just one piece of the puzzle. City is a perfect example of how they couldn't find their rhythm in the CL/Europa league and eventually crashed out.

17. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Friendlies don't matter.

18. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Chelsea spend alot of money but not really as much as people make it out. That was mostly back in 2004 and 2005 where they spent giant amounts of cash, not so much these days. At least they don't spend 30M+ on squad players like Real and Barca do.

Plus there are talents like Nathaniel Chalobah, Todd Kane, Ulises Davila, Josh McEachran, Patrick van Aanholt, Thiabaut Courtois, Kevin de Bruyne, and Romelu Lukaku coming through the ranks and into the first team. Shows how serious Chelsea are about their youth now, unlike Real and to an extent City who neglect their youth prospects.

No need to worry with the FFP getting put into place soon as well, Chelsea will be fine while some of the other big spenders will not be.

And why do you care if people don't like Chelsea spending alot of money? They're just mad that their club doesn't have the luxury and it just shows signs of envy and jealousy really.

19. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    They beat Benfica because they were the better team. They scored 3 out of their 5 chances against Barca over two legs which showed their efficiency in front of goal. Barcelona missed many clear chances including a penalty which showcased their inefficiency. Chelsea deserved to go through, nothing lucky about what happend.

City is only an example because of Mancini, who failed at Inter as well despite having big money to spend. Another coach could have done much more last season with City's team.

I'm pretty sure it also does buy silverware in a consistent manner. The likes of Real, Barca, United, and Chelsea hardly ever experience trophyless seasons nowadays as a result.

20. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    I said that mostly because of my support for the Bosnian clubs. Didn't you read my post about I expect all 4 clubs to make it to the third round? I knew inside that it wouldn't happen but I still wanted to believe that it could.

Besides not my fault that Zeljo's defence is so shit and made three brainfarts that cost them three goals. My prediction would have been correct otherwise.

And you're comparing a Bosnian club's capabilities to Chelsea's? Sorry, not even close. Try again.

21. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Because it's true that you can buy titles. No matter how smart of a manager you are the fact is those with much more money have a much better shot at winning. I don't really like that system. I want it to be about manager being smart and using his expertise to make a good team without having so many star players.

I was going to talk about this in the other thread but recently it's really pissing me off how there's so much money going around and these long contracts (in NFL and NHL moreso) where players are getting 100 mil + for like 12 years. These will be same ********ers who will complain in a few years how teams are running out of money. For those reasons too i want a Cap system and i think we'll get it soon. There will be much more competition and i always welcome that.

22. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    A lot of teams with money win, but alot of them also fail as well. Managers have to be smart, tactical, and disciplined to win titles in football, money can help a lot but you still need to be a good manager to achieve things. Benitez failed domestically with Liverpool despite all of his spending, Mancini is failing at City to some extent now, the likes of Ancelotti, Ranieri, and Scolari all failed at Chelsea, and so many guys failed at Real and Barca despite the financial aid.

It's not just about having the money to build a good team, you have to have the tactics and discipline as well as the overall structure to succeed and win titles.

There are still some teams like Dortmund and Montpellier who win titles but without much money at their disposal. International football is another obvious example.

23. TheUppercut

TheUppercut Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    no ones saying having money will automatically make you win... but especially in soccer, how much money the owner is willing to spend is a huge factor in the teams success. And you use the word "fail" when naming teams like city, chelsea, madrid, barcelona... those are probably the most successful teams today, I dont know what delusional world you live in

anticule repped this.
  24. TheUppercut

TheUppercut Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    and I havent seen the word Dzeko used once this entire page lol

25. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    bosna10 says money plays a bigger part in winning than a manager being smart and I didn't agree with that. Don't know where you got that from.

Using the word fail was the right thing. I guess you didn't read the rest of the post then if you think I'm delusional. I clearly named certain managers who have failed at these big clubs despite having the money at their disposal to succeed. I didn't say Real Madrid or Manchester City fail in general, just that some of their managers have in recent times and that managers being smart does play a very important part.