Edin Džeko @ AS Roma

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vitez, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I get the part about him being world-class, but I don't think it's fair how he'd get start while Dzeko sat on the bench for half a season.

2. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He wouldn't have to. Look at my lineup, I have Aguero in and Balo/Dzeko rotating as strikers up front. Aguero is a support striker, very different from Dzeko and Balo's style of play. It would be beneficial for Dzeko to have someone like Aguero and City in general.

3. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Aguero should ideally play as an SS behind Dzeko who would be the primary target-man. Who knows though, Mancini will rotate all of the strikers at some point.

4. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Who knows what Mancini will do? I mean, seriously, he'll probably play a defensive lineup this year even with Dzeko, Balo, Silva, Aguero, etc. on the team.

5. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Mancini has already stated in the press conference that he wants to rotate all the strikers.

Now the majority of the rotation will go to Dzeko and then Aguero and since Balo is in the dog house he will get the least.

Tevez is going on loan to Inter or at least they are in talks about it.

This invites Nasri to join City and you have a mid consisting of

David - Yaya - Nasri

I don't see Mancini taking out Yaya. A rotation will most likely take between Balo and Aguero with Dzeko getting the majority of starts. IF Tevez is gone. If not then Tevez will play some games as well.

6. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks Yaya isn't even that good? The guy never passes to Dzeko (just watch the next game and try to count the number of times he passes to Dzeko; in the last 2 games put together, I got one) & he runs like he's carrying a fridge on his back. I don't like the guy at all; he has zero creativity and provides nothing up front as an attacking midfielder. Along with Gomez, he's probably the most overrated player in the history of football, lol.

7. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    There is no reason to play Yaya as an attacking midfielder anymore. Barry is mostly going to be on bench this season so Yaya will be deployed as a defensive midfielder in that case, which is where he belongs. Aguero should be playing there right behind the striker because that is where he is best at. If not Aguero, it'll probably be Milner then because he starts many games in that position.

8. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    The thing about City is that they have virtually no wing-play. A lot of Dzeko's goal come from crosses so playing wide could prove crucial if they're going to advance. Yaya should play his natural position. City should ideally bring in a winger or a creative playmaker.

9. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    You could be right but Mancini's loyalty to Yaya is unquestioned.

The fact that he has the luck to score in crucial situations is very valuable.

I could see your situation of Yaya going back down.

However Barry has played pretty well this off season.

In fact I would say Yaya had the worst off season other then Balo.

However Mancini likes Yaya so I still think he will be somewhere in the mid.

10. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I know Yaya simply because I have been a Barcelona supporter before Yaya even joined our club. I know what positions and tactics fit him best, but attacking midfielder is not one of them.

I see Nasri and Aguero as two very valuable signings for City, and I'm sure they won't disappoint. It's just Mancini has got to be more careful with his tactics in the big games, which he wasn't in the Community Shield. City were a mess in that game throughout, should be happy that it was just a Community Shield though and not a massive Premier League or Champions League game.

11. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    But, now that Mancini's seen what happened in the Community Shield game, I'm sure he'll be more careful in choosing the formation, choosing players, and even scouting the other team. If he does tose things, I don't see why Man City can't excell in the EPL, and even have a fight with Man U/Chelsea for first.

I'd also love to watch Man City in the CL, and see how they can cope with foreign opponents. Dzeko has done well in the Champions League with Wolfsburg, and I expect the same thing happening here with City.

It should be a really exciting season for the Blue Angels. ;)

12. PonosBosne

PonosBosne Red Card

Jan 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey, off topic question. Why did ESPN show any CL matches? Like they always have years before.

13. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) bought the rights to broadcast Champions League matches after ESPN's deal ended in 2009.

14. PonosBosne

PonosBosne Red Card

Jan 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow that is some bullshit! I do not have FSC! Damn that is upsetting, when will FSC deal end?

15. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It runs till May 2015, man. What cable do you have? FSC is a pretty cheap channel to get, only cost me about another extra $30.

16. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What is your cable brand, or whatever it's called :)D)? Because on mine, I don't have to pay any extra for FSC, it comes with it.

17. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I have Time Warner Cable, don't have the full package though. Had to pay for FSC to get it.

If we're going to continue this discussion, let's take it to the Kafana and not spam other threads guys.

18. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  19. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  20. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Btw guys expect Dzeko to be in top form this year.

The simple fact is that he will be competing on 5 fronts.

International play, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premier crown and the CL.

Those competitions should be immensely useful for him and his growth.

21. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    That means....

.... more DZEKO TIME!!! :D

But on a serious note, I like that he'll have plenty of chances to score goals, with all these competitions going on, which should bring his confidence up. Although, I'm a bit worried that Dzeko might get really tired playing all the time & have increased chance at injuries. But ther than that, everything should be good.

22. PonosBosne

PonosBosne Red Card

Jan 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Expect him to drop 30+ goals this season!

23. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He'll score, he'll score a lot. Can't wait to shut up all those idiots hating on the man.

24. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I would not be surprised if he did with the current form he has.

He is playing really well.

25. Pasalic

Pasalic Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Streets of Sarajevo
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dzeko will score a brace, count it.