Eddie Johnson?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by CommodoreSlacksburn, Dec 4, 2013.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically the league helped DC on this one. If Seattle had balked at the trade and sold him to Mexico (or wherever) they still would have gotten the full 650K in allocation money. By MLS chipping in DC gets EJ instead of Mexico and Seattle still gets its 650K.

COMtnGuy and W.J. Marx repped this.
  2. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #52 COMtnGuy, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Wish I could find article again but it had comment from someone with Seattle that they didn't get as much as they were looking for. Rumor is DC United got ~$500K in allocation (Highest in MLS) from not making playoffs and getting into CCL. Originally rumor was Seattle was looking for $250K and a player.

I find it hard to believe DC united gave up what you are saying.

Edit: Heck this is the MLS HQ were talking about so within realm that they helped his move within MLS.

3. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Well, what am I saying? Note I am not saying $650,000--that's what someone bandied about because it's a "max" allocation award (for a sold player, anyway). However, DC United appears to have a ridiculous amount of allocation available. In addition to what has been estimated as much as $500,000 for the You Suck and CCL allocation awards, they likely got $650,000 for Najar's sale, and there was a Rochat sale as well. So they could be at a million or more.

22SteveD and COMtnGuy repped this.