Ecuatorianos en el exterior (r) PART II

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by yoryi, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Era un buen gol,,pero no un GOLAZO:rolleyes:,,come on now!!!!!LOL

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    uhhhhhhhhhh

Mendez just resigned from the NT

FUTBOLECUADOR.COM just broke the news

3. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can tell you all right now.. Ecuador is almost assured of not making this world cup unless something phenomenal happens. Right now we are going down the crapper.. and it's about that time for a recambio anyways, which we are indeed facing.

We have to admit... the Ecuadfutbol is right now is in shambles and we have some old players we need to let go... and really what we are facing ahead of us is a renovation process...

We can look to 2014 when we are sure to have all these talented young guys playing in the NT .. such as the pelados that won the Panam in Brazil and the rest of the pelados playing great futbol in the country and elsewhere..

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://cre.com.ec/Desktop.aspx?Id=170&e=108110

26/02/2008 | 10:57
    Méndez renuncia a la selección
    Guayaquil (CRE).-

El volante ecuatoriano Edison Méndez, del PSV de Holanda, anunció hoy, martes, en una entrevista para una radio colega de la ciudad de Quito, que no va más en la selección nacional.

Méndez, que conversó con radio "La Red" de la capital de los ecuatorianos, anunció que esta decisión la tenía tomada desde finales del 2006, cuando Agustín Delgado fue suspendido en la Federación Ecuatoriana de Fútbol (FEF).

"Quinito", como se conoce a uno de los mejores futbolistas ecuatorianos de la actualidad, aduce que uno de los motivos por los cuales da un paso a un costado, es por cuestiones físicas.

Según el jugador, ya no se encuentra en condiciones para hacer largos viajes, desde Europa a Ecuador, para enfrentar concentraciones como las de Eliminatorias Mundialistas.

Además, tampoco se encuentra a gusto con la posible designación del ecuatoriano Sixto Vizuete para la selección nacional, al cual califica de "falto de experiencia" para un cargo tan importante.

El jugador ya habría informado esto a la Federación Ecuatoriana de Fútbol (FEF), los cuales aún no hacen un pronunciamiento oficial sobre esta sensible baja que tiene "La Tricolor".

CRE Satelital se comunicó con el coordinador de selecciones, Pedro Mauricio Muñoz, el cual afirmó no conocer la noticia, al mismo tiempo de mostrar su asombro por la misma.

Por: Víctor Hugo Peña Black

Honestly, I qualify this to be a ridiculous admittance on Mendez's part for 2 reasons: he is only 29 or 30 years old, Tin Delgado played with us till he was 33 and WITH INJURIES!!!! Cafu played with Brazil till he was 35? or something like that...I have always respected Mendez to be a hard worker and a very humble soccer player without the inflated ego that others of his caliber have but this is just a big slap in the face of many people who have helped him move up through the ranks in his career. He has a good 3 or 4 years left with the seleccion and he will throw it away just because he's "tired"...what happened to the hunger? what happened to supporting in the buenas and malas? I really hope this isn't a ploy just to keep him in Europe where he can be comfortable at PSV, if he plays Champions League and UEFA cup then he should be fit to play for Ecuador...if I was sixto I'd still call him up and see if he can refuse then...Remember we play France in May, then Argentina...these are big time games for him and his career, and stock.

5. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    this better be a bad joke.

he's not even 30..he's from 1979..

6. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have to say I'm sad to see Mendez no longer a part of la Tri but I can see why he would make the decision. We as fans think with our hearts I must admit when I first heard the news I said F him If he doesn't want to play for Ecuador we don't want him but after thinking about it, unfortunetly it's a bussiness he belevies that with the new coach Ecuador will not qualify he thinks we are going thru a rebuilding process with a Coach w/ no international experience and young players. I imagine that if el Bolillo was named coach he would not have retired cause he would have felt Ecuador would have had a chance and that coach would have brought back El Tin, UDLC etc all of the old timers and I'm sorry I would rather rebuild with young talent and a smart young coach then these fossils. So Mendez Thank You for all the good memories it's a bussiness good luck to you with PSV and hopefully you shine and you transfer to a bigger club I won't hate on you.

7. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    yes but he not even 29 yet ...plus whos going to mentor these young players on the field?

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    like I said, Tin was 33 when he retired, thats fine. Cafu was 35 or 36, understandable. Aguinaga was 34 or something like that, fine. but 29??? C'mon! I respect Mendez and his achievements in Ecuafutbol such as our first winning goal in our first ever world cup, the first goal (and winning goal) for an Ecuadorian in a Champions League knockout round, winning goals against Brazil, etc...but this is just absolutely ludicrous. Just because he disagrees with the coach he doesn't have to retire, its not like Vizuete is an idiot to Ecuafutbol, hes Ecuadorian for gods sake, and Mendez is assured a spot on the team because he's clearly a clutch player for us....if its fatigue, take a damn vacation...last I heard thats what offseasons are for...there is absolutely no excuse for this other than his ego starting to get too big, which I would say would be my biggest disappointment because I held him in such high regard for his humility.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I admire his honesty. Whatever his reasons are, I rather he "retire" than have him play without motivation, without the will to win and without the belief in himself, his coach and his team.

Best of luck in PSV - hope it improves your game in Europe...looks like you need it!

10. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    ....something tells me that el hijo de p!ta de Chiriboga is behind all of this sh!t.
    Like some of you said we can't beg him,,,we can thank him for all the hazanas he has given us.This is a total shock to me ,especially coming from Mendez!:eek:

11. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Agusto Porozo es nuevo jugador del Periera colombiano,,,according to ecuagol.

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Here's the deal, after the 2006 world cup, Makalele just wanted to focus with Chelsea and said that he wasn't going to play for the french NT anymore, then Domenech came out and said that he would still call him up for games and if the didn't he would be sanctioned by FIFA, for 2 matches...in all honesty, this has to happen with Mendez, not only is he a key player BUT he also is fully able to play for his national team, like I said before, if he can play Champions League, he can play an eliminatoria...case and point with Riquelme also, although it was for different reasons he came back...Mendez isn't going anywhere in my estimation but I know for a fact that many Ecuadorians are hating his guts right now.

13. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just like crismerz09 said if he is going to play without motivation without the will to win I don't want him on the team. Unfortunetly he is not the first athlete to do this in all sports. Most sports heroes are ego manics but I really think he is just pissed off at the FEF with everthing that has happened with El Tin and UDLC. All the internationals always end up angry with the FEF even Aguinaga when they play away from Ecuador they see how the star players for other countries are treated. I remember reading la FEF would have the International players take connecting flights (when direct flights were available)and flying coach. At there club they go either in first class or the plain belongs to the club the pay of the players is always paid to them on time I believe some of the players are still waiting to get some money due to them from the Mundial.
    Listen just forget these cats we have young players that are hungry and ready to proof themselves and most important van a sudar la Camiseta:cool:

14. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    True, you can't please everyone. Still, I agree with Yoryi (again:rolleyes:), I think Chiriborga had stained his hands (as well as his underwear) regarding Mendez not returning.

15. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Otro descubrimiento de Sixto Vizuete,el juvenil Fidel Martinez ha sido invitado por El Cruziero de Brasil equipo en que milita La Sombra Espinoza,para hacer un mini camp y probarse en le equipo de Belo Horizonte.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    29/02/2008 | 11:10
    Grandes de Inglaterra interesados en Valencia
    Guayaquil (CRE).-

El empresario de Antonio Valencia, el ex futbolista profesional Diego Herrera, manifestó hoy, viernes, en CRE Satelital, que existe un fuerte interés por parte de varios clubes importantes de Inglaterra por el volante del Wigan Athletic.

"Hay equipos grandes de Inglaterra que están interesados en él, no solo ahora, sino desde hace un tiempo, lo catalogan como una joven figura y son equipos de los primos seis o siete mejores quipos de la Liga Premier, que le han puesto sus ojos", contó.

Resulta que los actuales siete primeros de la Liga inglesa son Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Aston Villa y Portsmouth, con los cuales habría sorpresas a mediados de año.

"Yo diría que no sería raro tener novedades a mitad de año, esperemos que termine bien el año, marcado más goles, eso ayudaría un montón", continuó Herrera en la conversación con el programa "Deportes en el Ecuador y el mundo".

"Le estoy dedicando mucho tiempo a Antonio Valencia, quiero que se convierta en el primer jugador ecuatoriano que llegue a uno de los grandes clubes del fútbol inglés, es un proyecto interesantísimo, Antonio está haciendo una excelente temporada", dijo.

Sobre el tema de selección y la llegada de Sixto Vizuete al equipo de mayores, Herrera contó que para Valencia el tema de la "Tricolor" es importante ya que así se puede seguir mostrando internacionalmente.

"Está tranquilo, esperando poder ser parte de la selección, es muy importante para él continuar siendo jugador titular en la selección, es más, esa es una exigencia en el fútbol inglés, tiene que ser titular en su selección", contó.

Los miembros del programa, Rómulo Barcos, Ricardo Doylet y Carlos Víctor Morales, aprovecharon la oportunidad de estar charlando con un ex seleccionado ecuatoriano para también pedirle su opinión sobre la llegada de Vizuete.

"Bueno, creo que Sixto Vizuete ha tenido algunos méritos para llegar a la selección, ha tenido un proceso interesante de resultados, pero tenemos un punto en contra, de que nunca ha dirigido un equipo de mayores, y ha tenido la trayectoria", opinó.

"Creo que ese es un punto negativo que tiene, pero lo que se busca son los resultados y Vizuete ha sido muy exitoso, en eso tenemos que darle tiempo y ver si es que los resultados se dan. Cuando se gana todo está bien, cuando se pierde todo esta mal, ahora tenemos que apoyar con todo al seleccionador", finalizó.

Por: Víctor Hugo Peña Black

17. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quisiera ver Valencia en un Arsenal o Liverpool !!!! En Manchester United se las va a tener que pelear.

Pero Valencia puede brillar en cualquier escenario.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he'll have to fight for a spot with any of those clubs...what he should do to raise his profile is start scoring more goals...

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was going to point out the same...any of the top 5 teams of the EPL and Valencia will have a tough time fighting for a spot. Liverpool and Arsenal?? Just as tough as Man U and Chelsea.

I would rather see him in a team like Tottingham or even Bolton. Teams with a much smaller budget but that are still playing in the UEFA Cup. Would be nice to see go to Man City!!

20. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell yea ! Man City... Caicedo and Valencia... very nice .

21. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    what ever happened to carols tenorio going to wigan?

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Al Saad has a contract with him that they didnt want to let go of until the end of this season, then he is a free agent...

23. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After that contract is over... there will be biddings on him like crazy... I would like to see him in Man City, Bolton, Wigan.

24. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    haaha it would be funny if they Tenorio, Caicedo, and Valencia all played for the same team in the premier league.

25. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I heard that one before. Al Saad won't get rid of him.