Ecuatorianos en el exterior, Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by cristian1mv, Jan 9, 2010.

1. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Joao Plata is so small lol i remember seeing him debut in Liga last year. He was good and promising. Too bad we let him go.

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    De Jesus playing in Germany.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvfNl-kkqYs"]YouTube - Miroslav Klose - Das Nicht-Tor des Jahres 14.5.11[/ame]

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  5. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I actually wouldn't be surprised to find an Ecuadorian with that name! Some Ecuadorians name their kids the funniest things!:eek:

6. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Why doesn't the Ecuadorian league just merge into the Mexican league? They love our players over there, and with good reason...they are high quality at a low price.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    John Narvaez might be leaving Deportivo Cuenca soon. THANK GOD! This kid deserves to be a starter in any team in Ecuador and yet he's benched almost every game this season. He was a starter at 17 and 18 years of age and now he's a more experienced player and gets no playing time. Get out of there ASAP Narvaez!!

http://teradeportes.com/newsv2.php?id_noticia=39508

and Marlon De Jesus is being looked at by Levante to replace Felipe Caicedo for next season. http://teradeportes.com/newsv2.php?id_noticia=39508

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Christian Suárez dijo que buscará dejar huella en el Santos mexicano al que llegó hoy para ocupar el lugar que dejó su compatriota Christian Benítez, nuevo jugador del América.

"Sabemos lo que hizo Benítez, pero yo quiero ganarme mi prestigio. Vengo a dejar mi huella en Santos", declaró Benítez al ser presentado como nuevo refuerzo por los vicepresidentes del Santos, Alberto Canedo y Gustavo de Villa.

Benítez, anotador de 52 goles con el Santos Laguna, fue transferido al América de la capital mexicana, en una operación que rondó los diez millones de dólares, la más cuantiosa del fútbol mexicano.

Suárez llegó al Santos Laguna, con sede en Torreón, norte de México, procedente del Necaxa, equipo que descendió y en el que marcó tres goles en el torneo Clausura 2011

11. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Narciso Mina to Mexico...

12. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a golazo from Castillo!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojkD9b9PWRw"]Golazo de segundo castillo en el pachuca 4 Atlas 2 - YouTube[/ame]

13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I talked to Marlon de Jesus today. He told me the adaptation to Israel has been pretty smooth despite him not knowing what to expect in his move out there. It's well developed and industrialized but I got the impression he thought it'd be a sandbox or something like that. Mentally, I think he has what it takes.

14. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cool! By phone or are you travelling again? Is he learning how to speak hebrew?

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    On MSN messenger, lol. I'll probably travel next year during the summer months after graduation. I should do outreach for the FEF. I'd handle it better than they do for sure.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    He should be scoring 2-3 goals every game. That league is far inferior to Ecuador's. He'd be better off playing in Qatar like Carlos Tenorio, at least they had a few washed-up superstars playing there.

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And we can't forget the economic incentive of playing there...Qatar = at least a million bucks/yr. for a foreigner. And I think they don't have an income tax.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Joao Plata scores twice and assists one in a Concachampions game vs. FC Dallas

Joao Rojas scores against Alajuelense.

All in all, it has been a good weekend for Ecuafootballers abroad to score.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://teradeportes.com/futbol/ecua...n-de-jesus-recibe-duras-criticas-por-parte-de

I would break that damn Jews mouth for writing sh*t anonymously instead of confronting Marlon 1 on 1 and letting him know how he felt. Too bad Marlon is too much of a humble kid, I'd like this Jew to say this to Joffre and see
    how his face looks the next day.

LDU4ever, you might know Marlon. What is your opinion on how he carries himself?

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah I know Marlon. The dude is really low profile from what I saw in my time with him. Especially out there, he's a fish out of water in this totally bizarre place. So he's super calm and more humble than normal (tough to believe). Out in the Casa de la Seleccion it's different because he was roommates with Govea and Ibarra, and they are all calm guys, but in that environment they goof off, have a good time and build a sense of family, so I saw that part too which makes him/them seem way more human...but few see that side. I talked to him online a few weeks ago and his adaptation was going well and that he liked Israel. I suggested he talk to Carlos Tenorio who has a long track record in the Middle East...it'd be good to have someone watch your back...even from a distance.

I know he's not underperforming from match reports so it's just going to take a little bit of time. The new crop of players although they are physically ready lack a sense of mental toughness, so adaptation will be progressive.

I understand the frustrations with him though because he's not scoring and is a preferred member on the squad ahead of other potentially better acclimated players, but he is a foreigner, has potential, and probably costed Maccabi a lot of money so they need him out there getting as comfortable as possible in the shortest amount of time. It's just a jealous player that knows any sort of commentary like the one he made in the press would be immediately dismissed and even penalized financially....why else would it be anonymous? It's absurd. Maccabi will probably respond to this issue.

21. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree that the comments came from a jealous player who watches the games from the bench....but his comments are ridiculous...I haven't seen Marlon play in Israel but when I watched him in the Sudamericano and El Nacional, he could play with his back to the basket and complete his passes...heopdully he dats and starts scoring goals.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    why the f*ck does Joao Rojas ever get benched for Morelia? I feel he's not in good terms with the coach. He said something like that when U de Chile was interested in signing him. Not good.

23. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    those comments were made in spite but also let's be frank about many of our younger players... we had a wc where we played well but did not get the results and that means, in comprison with other cultures and countries we are less strict with players we don't demand much from them or castize them in hopes they could possibly MATURE into good players. This is smart but when you have problems when they go abroad because the criticism could be harsh when you don't deliver the end product.

This could be why many of our guys develop at an older age. We let them develop naturally without rushing them since their physical make-up is well based we can afford this approach to development. Some players who develop at a young age burn out quicker and never reach their full potential since once their brain is matured they are hindered by their physicla deterioration.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    dangggg Emelec yall just lost Eduardo Morante. He's going to U de Chile. Good for him, he'll get lots of international playing time in a good number of cups. But I smell a weak defense. Way too many strikers and mids, but no defense this year. Playing in U de Chile right now is a good look for him and his price tag.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Absolutely. The world has its eyes on talent in Chile, so that market is definitely in demand. Morante could stay for a few years and if he does well, maybe secure a heavier priced transfer abroad. Great decision by the U de Chile coaching staff, the Emelec managers, and the player and agent.