Ecuatorianos en el exterior, Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by cristian1mv, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    WRONG AGAIN

Villarreal sold Valencia to Wigan. The fee is undisclosed, but I think it's safe to say that clubs don't make a killing selling anybody to Wigan.

They probably won't make any money with Montero either. A team the size of Villarreal pays too much salary, and playing in the 2nd division means they won't get much TV money. They will end up having to sell some players for cheap just to make ends meet. Unless the coach really insists on Montero playing, he will be likely to be sold, but not as high as if they were playing 1st division next year.

2. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Wrong? LMAO... Villareal not only SOLD but GAVE the Opportunity to Valencia. Wigan didn't even have an option to buy Valencia the First season in England. Villareal bought Valencia for roughly 1.5 Millions Dollars and sold him to Wigan for 5 Millions POUNDS! Roughly 8 millions dollars. I don't know what Planet you guys are from. Maybe you guys are stealing from the ADUANA de Guayaquil. But I'll take those profits ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!! Wrong again??..LMAO

P.S. Villareal are asking 5 million Euro's (6.2 Million USD) for Montero. Do you actually think they paid more for Montero than Valencia?

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Had Villarreal given Valencia the opportunity in their team, he wouldn't have been sold for 5 million pounds (as you claim). His price tag would have been lots more than that if his career had blown up in Villarreal. But since that team buys players and gambles with their futures, they end up losing money. So yeah, your right, im SUUURE Villarreal didn't care that they missed the opportunity to make more money out of Valencia and also have the opportunity to have a really talented player in their squad. Thats why Villarreal is in the position it is now because it's filled with good business men like yourself.

I never wished for our players to join mexican clubs over european clubs, but clearly teams like villarreal should be avoided.

4. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Villareal did give Valencia a chance and he failed! Period. What you fail to realize is that some players are made for some leagues and some are not. Coaches like some players and not others for different reason. Villareal made at least a 6.5 million dollar profit and they placed Valencia in England. What more do you want? LOL.. As I Claim? Just google it. "Antonio Valencia Transfers". Likes it a big friggin secret. Here's alittle secret from me the "good business man." The only reason why you would even try to put a "undisclosed fee" on a transfer is to hide the actual amount and knowing the way the English do business, That money transfer went thru the Caribbean Islands. Why in the ******** would anyone put an "Undisclosed fee" on a P.O.S 1 or 2 or 3 million dollar transfer? Hilarious! Shit, if I was Villareal I would have sold Valencia at a lost and told Wigan to pay me at the backend. Villareal should have waited for Valencia to grow? LOL. You are talking about a league where Levante had to borrow from their Grandmothers in order to buy Felipe Caicedo for a measly 1 million Euro. I find it Histerical that people actually believe clubs like Betis, Sevilla and the rest of the lower half are any better than Villareal. Wasn't Betis in the second division acouple of years ago? and they almost got relegated this year. and Guess what? They will be probably be fighting to stay up next year.

Don't worry man, You got your wish.

5. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL.. Do you hear yourself? I guarantee you 99% of ecuadorian footballers in Ecuador would kill to be in that gamble. A Gamble in Europe! Back in the day Ecua players would only dream. I would have loved to see Luis Capurro in Europe.

6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    AF, dude, what are you talking about? there has been a few Ecuadorian players that have landed in Europe without the help from Villarreal, Kaviedez, Tin Delgado, Espinoza, Guerrerro, Ulisses de La Cruz, Noboa, Daniel Reinoso, Ibarra, Felipe Caicedo, Augusto Batioja, Walter Chala, Kleber Chala, Eduardo Hurtado, Narciso Mina, Segundo Castillo, Joel Valencia, dude, even Mike Rodriguez and recently Christian Ramirez had their chance,now if they succeeded or not it's a different story but the chance was given.
    I am sure that Valencia having played the 2002 world cup the way he did (playing at a second division team) Wigan or whoever would have been interested, the guy its just that good, he was meant to play at a big club.
    Now speaking of Villareal, Fernando Roig Alonso and company has been heavily criticized for not squeezing the juice out of their investments, having sold players such as Forlan, Matias Fernandez, Sorin, having the purchase option for Coloccinni and not using it and then he being one of the leagues best defenders in La Coruna next year, Fernando Godin, they sold him for 8 million euros, and look at the player he became in Atletico Madrid, rumored to be transferred to Inter for 15 million Euros, after only been there 2 years, even in Argentina, River Plate fans are furios since Villarreal just purchased 50% rights over 6 young players, Abelairas included, the fans claim that Villarreal will screw their careers. I have a lot more examples how Villarreal just makes bad decisions after another, you seriously cannot defend an organization that in 6 years went from a penalty away from playing the champions league finals to delegation, its a story similar to River Plate.

Manolo repped this.
  7. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah you are right and guess what? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM HAS FAILED! Noone from Europe is Coming and whether people hate to admit it. The two best players, Ecuador has right now went thru VILLAREAL. Even Ibarra has connection to Villareal. If you take the average of success to failure of Ecuadorian footballer in europe. You must be friggin insane or be Villareal to come looking for talent. Complete OPPOSITE of what happening in Mexico!!! Just Because Mancherter United has Park doesn't mean every Euro Club will go to South Korea looking for talent. Why is Ecuador any different?

I really don't give a shit about what Villareal or River Plate does or handles their business. All I care about is them showing interest in Euadorian footballers. The hardest part is Getting there!!

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/28680
    See what I mean? They are selling a 22-year old international winger with 2 seasons of experience in La Liga for 3M Euro. Bad business.

I still can't see any Mexican clubs paying that much for a player that's not really proven. Therefore, I think he'll end up on another mid-table Spanish side or a top table team in a 2nd tier European league like Scotland or Russia.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    $3 million pounds**

but I agree with that. I hope he doesn't go to freakin Morelia. I'll take Celtic for god sakes but not Morelia or any freakin mexican club.

10. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LMAO.
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jefferson-montero/transfers/spieler_77932.html

They bought Montero for 683 USD and now they are selling him for 3 million pounds? 4.6 million dollars. 4 million dollar profit for two years. and they loaned him out to levante and betis so they didn't even have to pay his salary.. Yeah, Bad Business alright...lol

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Dude - that's nothing compared to what they would get if they were in 1st division. The vultures are all over Villarreal now snapping up players for cheap.

You do realize that Villarreal went from the Champions' League to relegation in one season, right? That is management incompetence of the highest order!! Villarreal will be studied by future generations on exactly how to destroy a football club. You will remain as the sole defender of the Villarreal business strategy.

12. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can you people read? I'm not defending Villareal business Strategy. I'm defending their Interest in INVESTING in ecuadorean footballers. Noone else is...OH wait..Ding, Ding, Ding, Mexico is. You act like Villareal is the only incompetent club in Spain. MORE THAN HALF OF THE CLUBS IN SPAIN ARE THE SAME SH!!T! Betis can't "afford" to buy Montero and you have the nerve to say Villareal making 4 million dollars is bad business? Are you up on Current news? You want to know the state of the economy in Spain? and the Unemployment? I'm am the sole Defender of Villareal. If it wasn't for Villa, Antonio Valencia would be selling COCADAS.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Don't kid yourself. He played a total of zero minutes for Villarreal, then they shipped him off to an unknown team. Ecuador making it to World Cup 2006 made Valencia. Nacional made Valencia. Wigan made Valencia. Valencia made Valencia. If Villarreal had INVESTED in Valencia, they would have made $20 million dollars. That's the problem - they don't INVEST, they GAMBLE...they buy a lot of young players from poor countries, and they know that 9 out of 10 won't do anything, but they hope to make money from the 1. Like I said years ago, they are a player factory, turning good players into cheap commodities. Hopefully Montero's talent is obvious to enough teams in Europe that he'll stay there, because in other circumstances, his price would be way too high for a team like Morelia to even think about buying him.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, great investment. freakin Morelia wants a player that Villareal "invested" in. Morelia shouldn't even have the budget to buy a player like Montero at this point. That's how well Villarreal invests. Buys players so that a mexican team will purchase them in the future. Shouldn't it be the other way around? lol

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LMAO. Last I heard, 4.6 million USD is the same coming from mexico or England or spain or the MLS. If Montero is not worth more than that's HIS FCKING FAULT!!! You hear Morelia and I hear WEST HAM UNITED. BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY WE THINK.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...tero-3234661?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page

I wonder Why an Prem League Club is looking at players or an Ecuadorean footballer from villareal? Oh, I don't know! maybe it has something do to with a certain players at Manchester United that came from Villareal. Call me Crazy!! ( That's me being the most sarcastic MOFO in the world) Let see what Montero wants and hope He doesn't pull a YOYA and declines a prem club.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    did Yoya decline a prem club???!!!

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bolton Wanderers had an interest in him...don't know if they ever made a formal offer

18. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh so now Villareal GAMBLED with Valencia and didn't invest in his Talent. LMAO. What planet do you people live on? If I invest 1 million dollars and in return receive 4 million. I don't know, what's that called? Someone help me? A profit and Investment? I can clearly see people don't contribute to their retirement! Villareal was never going to make 20 Million on Valencia. Who are you kidding? Certain player can't play in Spain. Maradona failed in Spain and went to Italy and became a GOD! But since we are talking about the Magnificent Valencia, he's different right? PLEASE!

$4.6 million dollars for a player that can't finish a play and barely scores? If he goes to the prem league, he's better come straight because they don't play that shit over there. Christian Benitez was exciting as hell to watch at Birmingham but only scored 3 goals in 30+ games. Guess what. Gone! Carlos Luna at Liga had a better scoring record and the princesses here were crying like they just had the first period. "YEAH But did anyone see that goal against REAL MADRID..WOW" YUP, And I also saw that Chilena by Kaviedes against barcelona. SO? Like I said, Don't worry about Villareal. They won't GAMBLE on Ecuadorean Footballers anymore. That's Mexico's Job now! If you fail in Europe you can still probably end of in a second tier club in Europe and a better league in the America's. If you fail in Mexico, Where to? Answer that!

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just google it and notice that the news came from England and not some made of crap from Futbolecuador. Tha's how you know he was going to be crap. Pathetic to pick a Mexican club or a prem league club.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Ask Edison Mendez.

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, And you know what he'll say? BACK TO ECUADOR!! lol.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i didn't know PSV was an Ecuadorian team.

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So you are saying he went to holland straight from Mexico? lol..

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I kind of agree that Villareal was awesome because they invested in Ecuadorian players. Although they never really developed them like I would like them to, at least they brought them to Europe. I also don't have a problem with Mexico buying Ecuadorian players. That way they can prove themselves and at the same time other young players get pushed up in the Ecua league. As long as we move players up its all good to me. I am just sad that Montero seems like he will be leaving Spain. We don't have any good player in Spain representing Ecuador once he leaves. I'm still hoping a first division club from Spain buys him and develops him. He is hella young and still can learn a lot.

I see Mexico buying Ecuadorian players as a positive. I just hope that with the money the teams are making they can improve their youth and player development. This will benefit Ecuador a lot in the future.

25. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Theres nothing positive over a league that invests in players for a cheap price and then once they blow that league to shreds, put a value on them that is unrealistic and forces them to stay longer then they should. . ie ) Chucho . .
    And before Jorge Bolanos comes in here with his caps and bold text. Im not talking about success in Europe after the move