Ecuadorians abroad- RUMORS OF TRANSFERS

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Gourcuff_07, Dec 11, 2010.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Does anybody know about the Saritama situation? I just read that he rejected the latest offer from D. Quito and that it seems he's on the way out...but to where? As a talismanic player for D. Quito, I can imagine they'll be panicking if a Barcelona or Liga comes to the table.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cerro Porteno from Paraguay have confirmed their interest in him. He was linked to Cobreloa from Chile as well.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    we made an offer to that POS lol and he's too high maintenance for Liga. Not discarded yet, but there's not agreement. He seems closer to signing with Cerro Porteno than any other club. I think Barcelona and Emelec won't go for him, especially not Barcelona at this point cuz they're just looking to fill in the foreigner positions right now.

4. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As far as I know, America de Mexico was paying his salary or a major part of it but I think that contract is up. Luis Aguirre hook him up big time. I think he was making something like 35-40 grand a month. No way in hell anyone in Ecuador is paying him that much.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I thought America had nothing to do with him anymore. Last time I even heard America interfering in any negation or contract renewal was 2 years ago. But he's being ridiculous if that's the case. I honestly thought Deportivo quito paid him that much and that he was the reason they were broke all the time- he even said that he had to leave the club for the well being of the institution because he cares for them and doesn't want them to have anymore financial issues. Oh well, we're good and we do not need Saritama. No room for suckers. We need a good 10. I like that guy Martin Rolle. You probably know who he is.

6. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Saritama signed a 4 year deal with America I think which just ended if he signed with them back in 2008. That party is over.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Josimar Quintero who has been in FC Barcelona since he was 8 years old will now be leaving to the EPL. There's a few top clubs that want to snatch him and it seems like Arsenal and Tottenham are leading the race. It would have been good that he stay in La Masia and complete his youth formation there but it seems like Barcelona wasn't willing to pay him the bucks

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/index.php?n=35339

I remember hearing about this kid like 2-3 years ago when he was 12 or 13. He's 16 already...damn time flies!! As soon as you know it he'll be in the U-20 NT making his appearance. Kind of surprised he wasn't in the U-17 NT right now.

Anybody know what happened to Joel Valencia? I know he's still in Zaragoza B but there's like no updates on the kid this entire 2013. I feel like he lost himself. And to think 2 years ago he made Zaragoza's first team at 16.

I haven't heard about the kid Campoverde that was in Inter or AC Milan either. There's a few guys out there in Europe who have been MIA from the ecua media, i might even be forgetting some of them.

I'm pretty sure Abel Casquete from River Plate was with the U-17 though. I think I saw his name on the roster a few weeks ago. Didn't catch any u-17 games unfortunately though.

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I've given up on these kids that were formed in the youth systems of these big clubs, a.k.a. player factories. None of these players have gone on to become international quality. When you look at our top guys, they've all been formed in domestic clubs.

Maybe our domestic clubs don't have money to pay for excess players, so they just bank on the ones that show real promise. These big teams have armies of 8-year old kids running around, maybe 1 out of every 1000 end up doing anything with their career.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's true to some extent. I look at Carlos Gruezo and Juan Cazares and the huge difference is that Gruezo has had experience on the field playing 90 minutes regularly since he was 17, now he's 18. He's won a campeonato and played Sudamericana and Libertadores with Barcelona and is undoubtedly one of their best players. I look at Cazares and all i can say is i saw him play once or twice in River and now he's back in Barcelona....playing for the RESERVES at that. Can someone remind me why he left River again? Some players make dumb decisions and screw themselves over. Cazares is 21 and still hasn't "made it". Gruezo is a step away from being on the NT, that's all I can say. He's gonna be a beast and he's only 18.

Poor Pedro Velasco, he started almost 2 years in a row for D. Quito and played 90 minutes always. Now he's in the same situation as Cazares. I think Bryan De La Torre and Velasco should be loaned out from Barcelona, they are good players wasting their careers there.

10. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gruezo has a promising career ahead of him. The kid does not play like an 18 year old, plays beyond his years. Rueda should call him up for the upcoming games, not to start or play heavy minutes, but just to get his feet wet. He has been one of the few players that have not only performed well with Barcelona this season but has also been consistent, which is not to be overlooked, especially with young layers.

As for Cazares, it's a shame he doesn't get more playing time. I've said this before, I can count the number of players with his skill set with one hand. I hope he finds a way out of BSC so he can gain experience. Going to BSC was a bad idea on his part, with Diaz there, there weren't that many opportunities to get consistent playing time. Even when Diaz missed time because of his suspension or whatever, Costas went with MJQ or Matamoros. I would love to have him on Emelec's roster, but to be honest he'll be in the same situation he's in with Barceona. I think a good fit for him will be Independiente, but they probably don't have the resources to get him. The best bet for him is to find some team outside of Ecuador.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Erazo to Southampton...supposedly Barcelona confirmed it to a few websites but who knows lol. I'd say he's gonna be in Toluca or Monterrey next season b/c they're after him too.

12. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Erazo to Southampton? LOL. you would thing that Southampton would have learned their lesson with the Augustin Delgado fiasco. Good luck to him! He's going to need it. They play a lot of high balls in the premier league and he's sucking ass in that department. Better Pucker up.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Erazo's going straight to the weight room if this move goes through

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    He should hit the weights either way. Whether it's Europe or Mexico, I can't see him staying in Ecuador for long, especially if/when we qualify to the World Cup. He's also relatively young for an international center back.

It's interesting to see what will happen this summer. If he goes anywhere, he should go on loan or sign a 2-year contract max. If/when we qualify to the World Cup, whoever owns his pass will see his price tag increase, so I will expect some team to sign him to take the chance that he does well and goes to a big league or club.

15. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Santos Laguna sounds a lot like Southampton. lol

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Or as someone said before, he may go to the Red Devils, not Manchester United, but los Diablos Rojos de Toluca :)

b9d23m89 repped this.
  17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  18. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cazares was voted player of the tournament in the youth Copa Libertadores and no one came knocking. He played 2 games with River and did alright. Juan is way too small for my liking. That Colombian kid is a friggin beast and tank. Look at other ex- river's start. You know Luduena and Sambueza in Mexico? Those guys sucked Balls in Argentina and rode the friggin Bench at River yet they are super stars in Mexico.. LMAO! Cazares should have went to the Gallos Finos Bravos:D

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LMAO

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's too small for my liking as well, but talented. Years ago I wouldn've said Messi's too small for my liking, but now he's the best player in the world and possibly of all time. Cazares may be short, but i wouldn't consider him weak. It's not so important to be tall and built for his position. That being said, size can affect a player negatively if you're Franklin Salas and get tortured every game w/ kicks and tackles and don't protect yourself or stay on alert. His career went to pieces IMO b/c was injury prone and the lack of strength and size had a lot to do with it. I still consider him one of the most talented players I saw in the country from the last decade and definitely the best one that came out of Liga's cantera from that timeline as well. The only thing Cazares did that's screwing him over now is going to Barcelona- there was absolutely NO progress or moving forward by making that move. It was straight stupid. The only thing Barcelona can do now is give River the $$ for hiss pass and either loan him out after December to another club in Ecuador (like D. Cuenca if they're still in the Serie A) or wait til Damian Diaz leaves and start giving him an opportunity to play. Other than that, there's no way that kid will see any minutes at all.

As far as the Colomian kid Alvarez, is that the SAME kid that played w. Cazares in the U-20 Libertadores when they were champs? I remember there being a colombian defender that played w/ him in the starting team, but that's impressive that he's made it this far. The MVP of the libertadores u-20 is stuck riding bench in BSC and the colombian defender is already drawing interest from Milan and starting in River. How things change.... Too bad I didn't catch the clasico river-boca this past weekend, it was on my TV but I was busy doing sh*t.

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And the Colombian kid is huge. I know Juan, and I'll definitely agree that he's small. After spending about a month with those U-20's Juan's frame is small. Undoubtedly, the kid has talent, but things that separate the good from the standouts are those physical attributes...exactly for the point of possible career longevity. Sure Messi is a counterexample, but obviously the rarity when compared to the rest of the footballers. JUANI, GET OUT OF BSC NOWWWWWWW

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree that Juan should leave immediately! If he doesn't start next year in a team he is going to be in big problems.

25. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Juan should leave and go where? LOL. Argentina has European Scouts that would make a Hawk blush and make a LIVING looking for new stars yet no one picked him up. I love how people say he's talented. Really?