Ecuadorians abroad- RUMORS OF TRANSFERS

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Gourcuff_07, Dec 11, 2010.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    anybody know who Richard Mercado ecuadorian who plays for montevideo wanderers? 25 yrs of age use to play for Melgar of Peru and Independiente of Ecuador... well,
    he scored 2 goals for Wanderers vs Penarol last week and 1 goal again today vs Cerito

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETd4NOHJbk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETd4NOHJbk[/ame]

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah he came out of El nacional. He then went to Melgar, didn't do so well came back to Ecuador and played in Manta. I didn't know or maybe forgot he played in Independiente. But he's doing pretty well lately in Montevideo Wanderers. I saw the goals he scored and they were pretty sick outside the box.

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well it looks as if Oswaldo Minda is about to join Chivas USA? He was set to go to Mexico but that fell part. Not to belittle the MLS but his chances of getting called now are going to be slim, which is fine by me seeing as how his call ups were debatable. He should have stayed in Ecuador for hisown sake...

4. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What is so special about this player? He is SHIAT!

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And this is the same Minda that was looked at by Estudiantes...and he goes to Chivas USA. stick to the states, buddy...get your residency papers and stay. That's the only benefit of staying stateside.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i hope he doesn't get a call up. EVER. Again. he should have taken Saritama and Alex Bolanos with him as well. More space for players who really deserve to be on the national team.

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's one of the few players who I think would make a great impact in Europe. Erazo is a freakin beast. If he added a couple more pounds of muscle-no ones getting through him ever.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He would definitely have to add some muscle to his frame. Europe is far more physical and he would have to adjust. That being said he gets by more on finesse and speed as opposed to brute strength.

10. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Felix Borja and Jorge Guagua have been mentioned to join D. Quito

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ridiculous move if you ask me. I know Jorge Guagua, and he's a total scrub...He'll at least get the chance to keep driving around in his baller hybrid Escalade in Quito. Nonetheless, Guagua is a disaster. As for Borja...he'll do well, but I hope he stays away from the NT!!!

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    guess who else is joining these two clowns? mr. Pecho Frio himself- David Quiroz! lmao I laugh at how Deportivo Quito calls this their "renovation" hahah. but I'm not gonna laugh too much cuz Esteban Paz is being a total idiot right now trying to sell Bieler and sign freakin Oswaldo Minda. that makes me wanna break my computer screen in half.

I hope all three of these guys stay as far away as possible from the NT. They're bad news. I hope Borja stays somewhere in Mexico and far as possible from coming back to Ecuador. I'd hate to see him on the NT. I hope Eduardo Morante, Roosevelt Oyola, Jefferson Hurtado and John Narvaez have a really great season next year and knock out Guagua and Diego Calderon from our NT roster. Calderon has been crap this year. he was more promising earlier in his career. for now he's alright in Liga as long as there's two other good center backs playing along his side but he needs to step it up. I'm slowly giving up on him as well.

13. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hurtado's form has been poor during his stint with Dep Quito. He hasn't really fit in so maybe changing teams can do him some good. And I like Narvaez but Fernando Leon from Independiente has performed better this season.

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Unless there's a rash of injuries at the NT, I don't expect to see Borja's name on a call up. Barring injuries or suspensions, it should be Caicedo, Benitez, Arroyo, Yoya, and Mina, with Anangono, De Jesus, and Poja Martinez (if he's in good form) ready at a moment's notice should any of the aforementioned five not be available.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fernando Leon is another great player. Best young center back from this season. I like how Andres Lopez did in Cuenca too as a right back.

Hurtado came from Argentinos Jrs. after a 6 month injury. Before that I remember he was starting almost every game. Sucks an injury made him end up back in Ecuador. I'm sure if he gets playing time he'll be back at his best form. Same with Narvaez who just recently started getting minutes these last 2 months in El Nacional. They need consistency and that's it.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Here's to hoping you're right!!! I actually think that a guy like W. Ayovi will make it to the World Cup, but we need to start breaking in some of the new guys into the NT squad because after 2010, another revamp process will bring us more headaches if we bring in unexperimented guys into the fray.

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    America is interested in another Ecuadorean player, Pedro Quinones. I'm not the biggest fan of his game, and frankly if given the chance and continuity, I think Polo Wila would be able to hold his own. He (Wila) doesn't bring the physical component that Quinones brings to the midfield, but he has good technique and he's faster. Emelec has also been linked with Flavio Caicedo recently.

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/index.php?n=30995

18. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Walter Ayovi? he would get smoked in a World Cup. One thing is playing in the mexican league another is playing against the best of the best. Just ask Christian benitez. That's would worst than what Germany did to Ambrossi or what Rooney did to Ivan hurtado. Ambrossi new nickname should be AUTOBAHN

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I actually agree with your comment this time.

Walter's done a great job in the NT up til now. But I think him starting in the WC is pushing it. I see a World Cup with Frickson Erazo as the captain and Roosevelt Oyola playing in Walter's place. Segundo Castillo came into the WC 06 with almost no games under his belt and did awesome. I think we can do exactly the same replacing Walter with Roosevelt Oyola (if he gets back to his best form). Maybe even sooner. But I also think it's risky to place Walter Ayovi in our starting 11 for a WC. It could easily be our weakest link in defense. But that's up to Rueda (unfortunately).

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    W. Ayovi's had a good club season, and he's played excellent the last few games for the NT. He obviously takes care of himself physically. He still has great speed and as a defender, you can lose a bit of speed if you have the intelligence to compensate, and that's why I think Ayovi's the best bet for now.

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Let me mention that anybody else coming in at this moment, or even a bit later is all speculative when we think about success OR failure. I really think that W. Ayovi's leadership on the pitch and his experience tip the scales, especially when the rest of the defense is young...considering that Castillo and Noboa act as defensive midfielders for us (most of the time), in terms of defensive abilities, it's something that has been dramatically different in our favor in this cycle versus where we were last time. Ayovi can definitely make it for one more season before the world cup in 2014. If he can't, there are definitely guys that can replace him, but I'm almost certain we'd see someone like Nazareno come in to replace Ayovi considering Rueda's questionable call-ups. As of now, my opinion stands at : "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." And use friendlies to start testing a guy that can sit in just in case Ayovi's quality slips or gets injured.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's true. nothing is broken now. I just can't say that im really confident that Walter will be in his best form compared to his competition in our squad 1 year and a half from now. It doesn't seem far away, but things can change drastically in that amount of time. Just think about our players in Liga and the dramatic decline in 1 year. Edison Mendez is just one example of it. Reasco, Araujo, Urrutia, etc.

Walter's done a great job til this moment. I can't complain. But we gotta be prepared and like you said- use friendlies to start testing out his possible replacement if its needed. We did that last WC with Segundo Castillo and it worked. He had no prior experience before that.

As far as Giovanny Nazareno, we'll have to see about that. I think Roosevelt Oyola is a notch up and a step ahead of him even with his injury holding him back. Overall a better player. Nazareno hasn't played in a year and some change. Angel Cheme in Liga didn't play for an entire year and you probably already know how his performance was the first few months- ridiculously awful. And with JC Paredes being a new addition to Barcelona, I think the setting is perfect for either Oyola or Nazareno (whoever wins the competition) to start breaking into our squad. That's 4 NT players playing year long together. That can benefit our NT even more.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nazareno sucks. Nothing special there imo. You're right, Oyola is the better player. If Oyola doesn't have any lingering effects from his injury and makes a full recovery, that spot should be his to lose. Oyola and Ramirez are the top two candidates to replace Walter when he decides to call it a career and/or is no longer effective.

*On a side note another kid who I think has talent and potential is Pete Quinones from Independiente. I saw him play in the Libertadores Sub20 and a couple of games with Independiente when Ramirez was injured and he was decent.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    unless Ramirez decides to go warm up Barcelonas bench like Pedro Velasco will next season lol

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So along with that kid John Campoverde (i think that's his name) who plays for Inter Milan, there's another kid in the Italian league (playing for Sampdoria) that's 18 years old. Right now he's with the U-20 NT with the pre-seleccion trying out to make the final cut so he can play the Sudamericana with the rest of the guys. Hopefully this kids good. Looks like he's been in Italy since he was 12.

http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/index.php?n=31326