Ecuador vs Uruguay 11 de Octubre 2013, 17:00, Eliminatorias.

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Whenever I visit high altitude I get dizzy just walking around.

Problem is, most of our players don't play in the altitude either. Back in previous cycles, the base of our team was either El Nacional or Liga, now it's Barcelona and Emelec and most others play outside of Ecuador. In my view it's just a psychological advantage at this point.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree with Manolo. Whether Uruguay would be training there since Monday or tonight it doesn't make a difference. It takes most people 2-3 months to completely adapt to the altitude 100%. Some players are exceptions to the rule and do it in a month or maybe less. Everyone's body is different. But from what i have heard for years from Ecuadorian commentators is that going to Quito the day of the game or within the 24 hour time frame causes less effects. Could be true. Sometimes in your first day in Quito you don't feel the altitude as much -cotton mouth, dry nose, etc....but within 2-3 days you start feeling it. So there could be truth to that. Uruguay isn't playing it dumb, believe me.

Either way the altitude isn't an advantage to us as much as previous Qualifier. During this Qualifier we did it mostly with players that play in clubs that are at sea level.

Dominguez- altitude
    Banguera- sea level
    Paredes- sea level
    Guagua- altitude; Achilier- sea level; Campos- sea level; Morante- sea level (when he was actually part of the NT playing in Emelec)
    Erazo- sea level
    W. Ayovi- has played in both

Valencia- sea level
    Montero- altitude
    Rojas- altitude
    Noboa- sea level
    Castillo- sea level
    Ibarra- Sea level
    P. Quinonez- sea level
    Saritama- Altitude
    Mendez- altitude
    Arroyo- sea level
    Ener- sea level

Caicedo- sea level
    Benitez- altitude
    Jaime Ayovi- sea level and altitude
    Fidel Martinez- i think sea level
    Guerron- sea level
    JL Anangono- sea level
    Marlon- both
    Narciso- both
    Sornoza- altitude

And out of our starting line up Yoya, Montero, Guagua, and Dominguez are players that play in clubs that reside in the altitude. the rest aren't. So there's no real advantage to that if you ask me. And if there is an advantage it is minor.

I guess today we'll have a better idea of who will start- Yoya or Ener. Personally, I'll go with Yoya.

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yoya underrated?! He has always sucked. He was only OK in Ecuador but that's it lol. He never scored "a lot" of goals either, he had 8 goals in like 33 games in Mexico! He had enough opportunities to succeed. He failed in Mexico and then in the Middle East! Could he have gotten better? I don't know but I highly doubt it.

Chucho made any FW look better than they actually were. So anytime Yoya played with Chucho in the NT and scored is because everyone was covering Chucho lol. He hasn't even scored/played against tough opponents in the NT or in his clubs recently.

Martinez has proven to score against higher quality teams with his club in his league (better than Ecuador's league, where Ayovi failed), and internationally.

There is no doubt in my mind that Martinez is a MUCH better player than Ayovi!

For sure though, I rather plays Ayovi than Ener with Caicedo.

4. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is actually quite common for teams that are going to play an away game in a high city, nothing strange, I believe Argentina did it as well, Brazil ALWAYS does it, the plan is to arrive in Quito hours before the game,

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jaime Ayovi doesn't suck. You just gotta know how to use him properly. He's one of those players. You can't compare Fidel and Yoya. They play totally different roles up front. The reason Ayovi didn't score the same number of goals in mexico as he did in Ecuador was because he was in teams where there was nobody feeding him the ball. When Ayovi was in Toluca there were no wingers on that team. They were garbage. I clearly remember that. All Ayovi had next to him was Sinha to generate plays for him. Without any attacking force, Ayovi gets lost. He's that type of player. Fidel is a different story b/c he generates the plays and the danger. They would complement each other well playing together IMO, but comparing them doesn't sound right to me. When Jaime was in Pachuca, same crap. He played with freaking Felix Borja up front and Felix was the #9 and Jaime had to create the plays. LOL which coach in their right mind would get Jaime Ayovi to create the plays for Borja? Obviously, that coach never knew how to take advantage of Ayovi. And Pachuca wasn't the right team for Ayovi either.

Ayovi becomes dangerous when you have people serving him the ball from all sides. left, middle and right. The season where he scored 23 goals for Emelec he had a coach with a brain who knew how to use him properly and get the best out of him. Emelec played a 3-4-3 that year if I remember correctly and it was Biglieri/M.Caicedo-Yoya-Rojas. I forget who played behind Ayovi but Rojas, Biglieri/Caicedo would always do the dirty work and simply pass the ball to him and he'd net a lot of goals. If Ayovi doesn't have those type of players around him, then he will appear to be less useful. Unfortunately the player who Ayovi felt most comfortable with was Chucho and he's played very little with Felipe up front. I think Rueda wants Ayovi to play Chucho's role. He's wrong. That's not gonna work. And not as a center attacking mid either. If I were Rueda i'd leave Yoya and Caicedo in the box for Friday. If anything get Caicedo to move down the field a bit and leave Ayovi in the box. But knowing Rueda he'll do the opposite. Just know if Ayovi starts, the wingers better be ready to f*ck sh*t up big time b/c they will be on their own. Valencia-Paredes and Montero-Walter.

Manolo repped this.
  6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I said it before, we were lucky to have Chucho, he was a player that we were able to use in a lot of schemes. now I am not a fan of Ayovi, to me hes a poacher, Caicedo and him will bump into each other. one quality that Benitez had was that of holding the ball with his back against the goal giving time for the midfield to join in, we dont have that kinda player, so Rueda must use what he has, If Yoya starts, its a risky situation it means a different role for Noboa, he will join the attack a lot more, leaving Castillo alone in the mid, Argentina killed us with this with their counter attacks, then again in that game our wingers were stopped.
    I like the Mendez or Sornoza option but that seems very unlikely, I just dont want another game with 22 corner kicks and infinite winger crosses with no header from Caicedo.

7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I can see it all clearly now. Our guys will do 10 times better than that game against Colombia a month ago. Even better than when we beat Argentina, 4 years ago in Quito. We will have 3 times more opportunities to score like that one time we almost beat Brazil in Quito. Ecuador will be amazingly good but we will manage to lose like always. I'm not going to amargar myself and not watch this game. Wishing it was 2001 again...

8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol I agree. It's cause that defense is weak! Ecuador is going against two of the best and most expensive players in the world that play in the best leagues in the world. Those two are going against a sh*tty defense and players that play in the Ecuadorian league lol. Also Guagua is starting it seems. That's like playing against 3 in the back line.

I hope that Rueda puts a line up that can score hecka goals for us because Uruguay might make it rain goals like nothing.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Damn, this forum needs some Prozac.

10. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Come on dudes,lets be a little positive,Ecuadors been here before ,back when none of our players played in Europe,dont forget we took on Brazil with rivaldo ,romario and co.Si se puede locos,we're in our mother f ing house,and we're going to bring it..enough with the whining,save it for after we win.then you can drink some red wine..no se ahueven, Si Se Puede XUXA!!!

mac-0n3 repped this.
  11. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Word!, stop with the bullshit negativity. Vamos Ecuador I believe in you!!

mac-0n3 repped this.
  12. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Vamos Ecuador ! I'm going to be optomistic... Ecuador 5 - Uruguay 0 ... 1 Gol from Valencia, 1 Gol from Noboa, 1 Gol from Felipao, 1 gol from Montero and 1 from Martinez

13. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    1395890_633141563390793_1227948654_n.jpg
    This made me laugh, love it!!

b9d23m89 and viagoal repped this.
  14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol you guys are right.... can't wait for the game to start. Too bad I'm at work lol. Can't yell or react like I do at home haha. Enjoy the game everyone!

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Futbolecuador.com says Enner is starting up front. Rueda - you OWN this decision. Hope it works.

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wow. I was hoping it was a joke. Ener and Guagua starting... :speechless:

Ener better than Martinez?!........ ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I don't even know what to say anymore. Just gonna watch the game.

17. clubtopia

clubtopia New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    any online links to the game?

18. clubtopia

clubtopia New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    thanks watching it with my 2 y.o. son wearing yellow with pride. Can't wait!

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Desaguebate chucha

20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chucho would have scored from that header.

21. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  22. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    je je chile 2 col 0 ..i hope chile wins so they'l be nice and relaxed for our game.

23. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    gooooooooolllllll hdp

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #75 Luigi408, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    Gooool! Valencia to Montero... No forwards at all lol. Caicedo is moving better though.

Valencia is playing his heart out! Great leader too... telling his teammates how to line up correctly.