Ecuador vs Greece in NYC

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by vee1968, May 20, 2011.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Add Minda to that list that need to gtfo.

2. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    another tie game

we played very well, for what it's worth, mendez man of the match without a doubt

no reason for caicedo to not see any playing time

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Does anyone know if people had signs about Rueda at the stadium? Also if they booed him when leaving?

4. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    my stream cut off as the whistle blew, but i definitely know he was boo'd during introductions(and loudly)

so, just off that, i'd assume he probably was

5. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    is Rueda leaving Caicedo out because he didn't return his call right away or what? we could have used him this game. Also this was a game for Montero to come in and use his skills to beat the defense I'm dissapointed we didn't give our team the best chance to win this game.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    so the result was a tie? again?!

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Trying to understand Rueda's subs gives me a headache. We had 4 subs, 3 of them were defensive-minded players - Minda, Castillo, Calderon - and then Narciso Mina, a 28 year-old forward who is unproven at this level and has no realistic future for the NT.

8. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Mendez player of the match and the field... Erazo gets his first header gol with the seleccion from a Mendez assist

Ecuador 1 Greece 1

Rueda did not put in Felipao... don't know why ?

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Also, the subs were made after we tied. So apparently, once we tied, Rueda was happy and brought on the defensive players.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you read his mind. of course he'll be happy with a tie. "con que no se pierda, el empate tambien es resultado positivo" - Rueda. he actually did say something along those lines a few months ago.

11. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Rueda should have taken out chucho at some part in the game, the defense was all over him, someone taller and with a lot more hair should've been subbed in ... the greeks were good at defense , especially number 5 ! It was so funny when Rueda got booed , otherwise It was a great atmosphere for Ecuador , and hopefully the METS invest in a MLS team ... Cosmos :rolleyes:

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    You know, with the number of Ecuadorians in Queens, you could easily have a club that is the Ecua version of Chivas USA, which is owned by the Chivas of Guadalajara, and sponsored by various Mexican companies.

Anybody know any Ecuadorian millionaires that might be interested?

13. ceejay187

ceejay187 Member

Mar 30, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The stadium was mostly yellow shirts :D....I swear it was like 38,000 ecuas and 1000 greeks LOL ... GOOD TIMES! Ran into family and friends left and right :)

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    we can finally make an official Deportivo ChiQuito. This is great news.

15. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I can't wait till the next friendly at CITI-field , I had a good time !!! DRINKING at the Bar with some Greek chicks ...

16. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ha ha .I've lived in Astoria and Briarwood in Queens where there are large numbers of greeks,alot of the girls are hotties..I have a few Greek friends ,they're really cool people ,but some can be a litle stuck up...:D

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    rueda got booed?

nada que cambia la opinion? formula para un fracaso rotundo....in my book:(

como lavolpe en la copa oro?

18. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  19. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    We played the first soccer game at New Meadowlands, and CITI- field !

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn sell out. Awesome. I bet FEF made hella money on this tour.

21. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I went to the game at Citifield. The environment was great. The crowd was happy to see Ecuador play in Queens, New York. The only problem was that Ecuador should have won that game. They were better than Greece. Unfortunately, some of the Ecuadorian players missed a couple of opportunities to score. It felt like playing in Ecuador. I would say that 90 to 95 percent of the fans were from Ecuador. I had a good time. Banguera had a great game. He saved a couple of shots that could easily have been goals. "El Chucho", I saw that at least he gave it his all. The defense was weak Checa and Fricson Erazo. These players should not play for the National Team. I believe that in those positions should be Geovanny Caicedo and Norberto Araujo. They have been playing together and do it well. Possibly to consider Gabriel Achilier and Eduardo Morante. I would go with my first choice of players.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    your the first person to say that Fricson Erazo should not be on the NT. IF anything he should be the ONLY defender that's guaranteed a spot in the NT. Rueda needs to work with Erazo and Morante as center backs and slowly include John Narvaez into this NT. They are 3 defenders with a lot of talent and they're still young. If I were Rueda I'd inlude John Narvaez no matter what and have him waiting for his spot on the bench but there's no way any defender in Ecuador is above these three. With experience these guys are gold to us b/c we don't produce lots of quality center backs. Guagua and Campos can be there as subs.

23. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fricson Erazo has talent but as of right now, Ecuador needs proven players to participate for the Copa America. F Erazo is a player for the future. He could be on the bench but as a starter, he is not ready. As I said before, if Ecuador wants to be secure on defense, Rueda should place Geovanny Caicedo and Norberto Araujo and/or any other player such as Eduardo Morante and Gabriel Achilier. These are proven players that have been playing for years with experience. These are the type of players that Ecuador need to have for the Copa America, if not, Ecuador is going to be weak in the mid defense. The Greek goal was because the center position was abandoned for that play. Nobody guarded the Greek player that scored that goal. That could not happen with a quality National Team that Ecuador will encounter in the Copa America.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Eduardo Morante isn't anymore proven than Erazo. Erazo has actually played 3 friendlies with the NT and has done a really good job. The kids had ZERO international experience before this. Meaning not even at club level. Morante's played Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana really well with Emelec, but we've not seen him on the NT. (it goes both ways) From the looks of it I feel like Morante will fit in really well in the NT. He just gives me those vibes. If anything i'd say screw it and play Erazo and Morante now no matter how we do. But obviously Morante isn't gonna be in the Copa America b/c he's had no games with the NT since he was injured for such a long time. Morante isn't gonna prove anything to Rueda in the next 2 games left of the campeonato even now that he's back from his injury.

Achilier has had a really great season but I say the same for him as I've said for Checa and Giovanni Caicedo. They may be good at the club level, but they're all too old to prove themselves now in the NT. It's too late for that crap. Are you not watching how they play on the field when they're on the NT? I can see Achilier being as good as Jorge Guagua or Jairo Campos which means they're alright, but not top quality to be NT starters and won't be stable in defense unless they're on a good day. They're good, but that's it.