Ecuador vs CHILE, 12 de octubre en Quito (Clasificatorias) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Un chuletazo bien colocado sobre el Mati, el primer minuto del partido y tán, tán........
    cagó Chile.
    :thumbsdown:

2. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    How is best to attack Ecuador? If we want counter speed and keep the ball on the ground, this would also be an option?

----------Vargas---------Alexis------------------------

MAICOL repped this.
  3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    haha yo creo que si veo todos los mensajes que hay escrito me pongo a llorar y luego me deprimo. Si le dan un chuletazo a Mati el mati les hará un pato yañez y meterá dos goles.

ridv34 repped this.
  4. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I don´t think we need to counter, we should be a team that holds possesion. This duo is prob. good for second half when their defenders are a little tired.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  5. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Gutiérrez, perro.

6. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    El ecuatoriano Luis A. Valencia(Manchester Utd.) no podrá jugar contra Chile debido a que fue expulsado en la última fecha.:thumbsup:

7. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009

Wouln't Vargas be better at holding possession that either Pinto or Pinilla?

8. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    i think when it comes to holding posession, the best of the forwards is Pinilla.....

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A ese no es necesario pegarle ningún chuletazo.
    Se caga solito, sin ayuda, cada una de las poquitas veces que ha vestido la roja.

Es más, si llega a jugar, los más contentos serían los Ecuatorianos.
    :D

10. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  11. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Aparte de esas pichangas ante Perú, cúando más jugó ? De verdad no me acuerdo, esos matches tampoco los vi como para hacerme una idea de como rinde en la Roja, y en todo caso, esos partidos no tienen importancia pq ahora está jugando mucho mejor. Yo al tipo lo encuentro super bueno, es un upgrade sobre Jorquera.

12. Ludovico

Ludovico Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Paris, France
    Club:
    Audax Italiano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll weigh in my two cents; please don't be offended if I don't respond soon, my schedule is hectic.
    Under the goal post, I'd take Toselli over Pinto, because let's face it: this kid has been reeking confidence, maturity, and talent with a no good team like Catolica, also, he's much bigger with the Red jersey on, as opposed to Pinto who often succumbs to pressure...I wouldn't say he'll shine in his debut, but neither did Bravo at first, I see Toselli as Bravo's natural substitute. Just as it was Bravo who replaced Tapia and not Herrera, whom I won't discuss...let's face it, he's in trouble anyway.

JAIME, you bring up Droguett (who plays in the K-league and is nowhere near the level he once had), I haven't seen Oroz or Davila, so I won't judge...and Puch: he's inactive. I believe you're being told that Beausejour and Speedy are the best options given with what you've got - not so much that they're "cracks", they're not, but it is what you've got, and yes, I'd also give MCT one more shot, inactivity and all - but if such is the case with MCT, then Isla has the same amount of right as him to be nominated and given a shot in the pitch - if it comes to the local league, I hear Crovetto has been getting along lately (not nominating, just saying). Now that I talked about MCT, this brings me to F. Gutierrez, whom you've relentlessly criticized. I don't know if you've seen him play for Twente, but he's SO MUCH better there than what he was at Catolica, and so is Magnasco. Funny enough when Pipe was nominated, Lepe was UC's coach, funny enough as well, MCT was part of that dreadful team and his level dropped around the same time, which would explain why Pipe played terribly - that awful team almost buried away two great talents like Pipe and MCT, both of which were still nominated to Chile's NT at the time.

Lastly, I don't agree with having Medel and Vidal together - it would be UTOPIC, but they're both hot heads and Medel is the most prone to leave Chile hanging when he's needed most. I'd still stick with Seymour as an option, personal preference. As for Iturra, he was once a wild bronco, and now he's found himself in a good place, let's wait for him to come around and establish himself.

Ditto with Alexis and Pinto up top.

Yañez repped this.
  13. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    El caso de Gutiérrez, ha sido muy similar al de otros jugadores como el mismo Mena y Mancilla. Al parecer cuando mandaron a hacer las camisetas para la selección, junto con las de tela, hicieron algunas de fierro, que les tocó a ellos, por lo que a ellos siempre les ha pesado mucho vestirla, y nunca han rendido igual a como lo han hecho en sus clubs originarios.
    :p

14. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Ha estado jugando bien con el Twente últimamente. Tiene solo 21 años. Dale tiempo.

15. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Agree on Toselli.
    Agree on Gutierrez.
    I think Medel and Vidal can play together. Vidal, although prone to yellow cards, seems to be more in control. And I'm hoping they are working with Medel at Sevilla to control his temper.

I like the options on top.
    Alexis can play all the top positions as he does in one of the best, if not the best, clubs in the world. He also can steal many balls back. His goal scoring form has not been the best lately, but that can change quickly with a couple goals for Barcelona.
    Pinto, seems the best at the quick, one touch goals. Important when you have players like Alexis that can gain the last line and give quick passes back. Hopefully the goals in Turkey can translate to goals with higher competition.
    Pinilla, gives us some air strength both up front and in our own penalty box. He can score goals, although, from I have seen of him lately, he's not in his best scoring form. He was the best of the off-the-bench players against Colombia.
    Vargas, he is probably the best at scoring from fast breaks. His Europa cup performance can give him the confidence that he needs and hopefully more minutes in Serie A.
    Junior really needs to get some minutes in Bayer L. to be more game fit.

Yañez repped this.
  16. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Pinto a salido lesionado de su partido en turquia...salio a los 40 minutos, no se porque ni la seriedad

17. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Good posts from OC and Ludovico...............

I think its great that Guitierrez has been making progress, because the other guys that have been the 'next big offensive midfielders' for Chile have all stagnated or flopped (Villanueva, Morales, Jorquera, Vidangossy.......)....

at 21 its waaaaay too early to judge him in regard to his capacity to elevate his game with the NT...give him time. don't forget that guys like Suazo, Ponce, Beausejour, Pinto etc... didn't really become valuable alternatives for the NT until well into their 20's

18. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    God damn it Pinto, another one.

19. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    If Pinto becomes unavailable, he would be a loss, but I'm not so sure that he'd be a significant loss with the availability of Pinilla. I think that what they offer the most is physical presence and, therefore, the ability to take some pressure off the smaller forward. As far as goals go, I see our midfielders being the most likely scorers -- if we score -- in Quito and Santiago.

Also, would anyone else have selected Fabian Orellana ahead of Vargas and Fernandes? We're talking about two young players here who have zero continuity at the moment for their clubs, and Borghi has called them despite this. Orellana may not be perfect, but he is getting some very handy playing time and has been performing reasonably well lately.

We might get a Sanchez-Pinilla pairing in Ecuador.

20. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    These would be my starting formations in Quito (4-3-3):

Toselli
    Isla-Contreras-M.Gonzalez-Beausejour
    Vidal-Matias-Diaz
    Alexis-Pinilla-Vargas

or (4-4-2)

Toselli
    Isla-Contreras-M.Gonzalez-Jara
    Vidal-Matias-Diaz-Beausejour
    Alexis-Pinilla

21. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yo también prefiero jugar con 4 atrás estos partidos complicados, pero el parrillero no sabe parar una defensa de 4 (¿alguna vez lo ha hecho?)

22. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Not a good Saturday for most of our guys in Europe. Vidal did well.
    Isla didn't play, junior played only a few minutes, Gutierrez played like 10 minutes and didn't do much (I watched the end of this--- can't understand Twente... They are in first place with perfect score, they go down by one, and they keep playing like they are not unhappy with the result). Alexis got the lowest grade of his team according to Sport.es together with Song, a 5, how ironic. I only saw the second half, he was playing on the left and had one opportunity to score with his team down. It was his typical, dribble past one defender towards the center, but his shot was wide. Medel was playing really well... Until he pulled a Medel... Some believe he should not have gotten the red card for head butting Cesc (I think it was deserved), but regardless, why get yourself in that situation...

I can't comment on Jean. Could not find a stream.

Let's hope for a better Sunday.

Edit: and we can't forget that Pinto got hurt. Let's hope it is not bad.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  23. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Solo para proteger su porción de carne cuando prepara una parrilla........
    :D

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  24. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011

I've asked a question about this in the general national team thread (#3).

25. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Seymour lesionado jugando por el Genoa, duró 15 minutos apenas en la cancha.

Lo van a examinar para saber qué tiene.