Ecuador vs Canada_June 1st_BMO Field_Toronto, ON

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by t.o_sabio, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Their first goal was unstoppable. If he makes that same shot 100 times, it will go in once, and today was that day. The second goal was lack of concentration, which points to lack of leadership on the field. That would never happen when Hurtado was captain.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think Walter Ayovi should be captain. He doesn't come off to me as a leader on the field. I honestly think Cristian Noboa, Neicer Reasco, and Edison Mendez are guys who have the personality to be captains, not Ayovi.

I'd have to say the ref was out there to screw us over once he saw all our players gang up on him. The ref sucked and it wasn't only b/c of that but he allowed too many dangerous plays in that game.

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I also don't see Ayovi as captain either. Naboa in my opinion should be captain because he has experience. He is pretty successful captain and also is really good at panalty kicks.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No offense, but it's Canada....we should have won regardless of who is captain.

5. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Well using that logic since we used to be a weak team most teams that we have beaten could say the same thing about losing to us. But, thisCanada team on the contrary looked youthful and fast they outplayed us the first half and didn't look bad. Their goalkeeper was good as well Milan Borjan.

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Canada's not a terrible team. They're ranked like 74 in the FIFA rankings, not far behind us. They're obviously one step below Mexico and the US, but they are competitive with most of the other countries in CONCACAF. I think also with the MLS teams expanding into Toronto and Vancouver they are developing some home-grown players that will make them more competitive in the future.

7. GuayasUnited

GuayasUnited New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Your both spot on. They did look very young & energetic, our midfield was not up to the task and was poor.

They will get better as the MLS grows , Montreal has a team next year coming too, correct?