Ecuador en Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've really always liked the one Gambetita scored against Canada, hasta le dejo Paradito al tal Borjan xD, Skip to 1:50, now THAT'S a beauty :p

barcelonista1981 and cabezamagica repped this.
  2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    ...and he only played a total of like 30 minutes during the whole qualifiers....GEEEEEEZZZZZZ

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've always said the same about Arroyo. That's a player that needs to be on this NT. I think Rueda lost interest in him once he moved to Atlante (maybe not completely, but i think Montero took over Arroyo's spotlight). Back when Arroyo was in San Luis he was one of Rueda's favorites on this NT. I wish he'd be a bit more fit but IMO, he's not in bad shape. it's just not 100% his full potential (physically speaking, not speaking about performance). But he plays better than before IMO. Michael is one of the few players that can play 3 different positions. Mediapunta, left wing, and enlace. I think he's become a player who can dominate the central area of the field and play a futbol a lo Mendez. Throughout Michael Arroyo's career you will notice a ton of goals that he's scored either going up the middle of the field or making a diagonal from outside towards the center. The best goals he scores all comes from the center, most of them being rockets. Even when it comes to free kicks, he has that vision and that touch. Sometimes he may appear to hog the ball but he's a real team player who has the ability to take players on easily in the 1 on 1. If only Montero could do diagonals like that and have Arroyo's shot and precision...even his free kick. We'd be talking money.

He has to return back to Atlante after the season is done with BSC and unfortunately for BSC, Atlante doesn't seem like they want to loan him out any longer. IMO he'll most likely be placed in another mexican team. I hope he keeps up his level and continues to improve. I'll be a bit disappointed to say the least if i don't see him on the roster for the WC. He's definitely the type of baller that is needed when you can't win through the wings.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah that's what sucks. but remember at the beginning of the Qualifier Jeff montero was not consoldiated in this NT. Era una promesa, no una realidad like he is today. But we all knew Montero would take over eventually. Arroyo and Cristian Suarez were only temporarily competing over a starting position at that point in time. And if I remember correctly, Suarez was in his moment at the beginning of the Qualifier and Arroyo was in his before the Copa America.

I wish Suarez would get back in top form. It's been a year already and since that injury he had he never came back 100%. Poor guy. What I liked about him was that he could score, even on the wing. It was like having an extra striker. It'd be interesting to see him playing again in Mexico, he's been forgotten about.

5. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    arroyo has a missile for a shot,I hope he gets another chance ,

6. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I disagree completely with the concept of the world cup being for experienced players. Best way to disprove that is looking at the past two world cups. Look at the German national team for example in both 2006 and 2010. Their average age in the past world cup was 23-24 .... They only took two players over 30 including a goalkeeper and well only 2 players in their late 20's. the rest were mostly 23. How far did they make it? with that said Im sure its better to try out new talent then remain with old players who keep underperforming. I like the argument someone made about our defence being the 3rd best in the qualifiers all I could say is it could be way better. Jaramillo is young and extremely talented, I recall Rueda calling the past u-20 gk before so why not Jaramillo who is much better. Besides chances that he would play would be slim to nothing.

7. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Too bad these Germans were starters for their teams in, arguably, the best league in the world. No disrespect to our younger players but we can't afford to be experimenting players like that in a world cup. We can probably take 2-3 up and coming players max in our roster for the world cup to replace key positions (Ayovi, Castillo, Mendez) for our next WCQ process but that's about it.

8. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Comparing Germany's players to ours is almost ridiculous, Most of them played for big clubs already and are used to perform in Champions league and play against world star players, so they might be young but definitely not unexperienced, also, let me remind you that most analysts stated that Germany lost the semis against Italy in 2006 cus they were too young.
    Why would you say our players have been underperforming? IMO when Erazo and Campos were a pair they were super solid, as much as I dislike Guagua, hes come through and Achillier has been very good and made Campos absence barely felt.

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ---------------------------------------------Adrian Bone-----------------------------------------------------------]
    Valencia/Madrid-----------Narvaez----------------------Erazo-------------------------Ramirez
    Ibarra----------------------Uchuarry----------------------------Gruezo-----------------Montero
    ----------------------Penilla--------------------------------------De Jesus--------------------

Is this what we might end up with at the end of the next qualifiers??? interesting.

10. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #60 Kr0nika R0ja, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    I don't think Goalkeeper will change much, remember we kept Pepe Pancho for as long as I can remember, he matured really late but, it was awesome to see him bloom for Liga to win the 2008 Libertadores.

Statistically, from what I've read around Adrian Bone concedes less goals than Banguera or Dominguez (Banguera being the worst of the 3). i wouldn't mind considering Bone the spot, I mean hes only been capped twice back in 2011 (against Jamaica and Costa Rica, and has Conceded 2 Goals) Hey, anything is better than Horrory's Aragon xD

To me the Future team would look something like this:

GK: Bone
    DF: Corozo/Pineida, Leon, Erazo, Ramirez/Arboleda
    MF: Ibarra, Gaibor/Cevallos Jr., Gruezo, Jeff
    FW: Sornoza/Cazares (Media Punta), Felipao (A way more experience version that is.)

Subs: Dominguez, Mendoza/Caicedo (From Independiente), R Oyola, Valencia, Noboa, Martinez, Penilla/Marlon

Erazo is still young, I mean we had Bam Bam well til his late 30's. I feel Felipao has a bit of room left. So its a decent mix of experience with youth!

For now: I wish Rueda would experiment with something like this:

GK: Banguera/Dominguez/Bone
    DF: Paredes, Campos, Erazo, W Ayovi/Ramirez
    MF: Valencia, Noboa, Castillo/Gruezo, Jeff
    FW: Arroyo/Sornoza (Media Punta), Felipao

Arroyo and Noboa have that Long Range shot, and Dat speed on the wings, would be fantastic to see this, but I doubt Rueda will do this, seeing as he thinks Arroyo only plays as a Left Wing xD

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's hard to predict who will be with us in the next Qualifier and who won't. The players you mentioned are all good, but not all of them are going to make it into this NT. Some might, others won't. And you have to take into account that more players will appear in the country without a doubt. There may be a player that comes out of nowhere and makes an impact (like Gabriel Corozo). A year ago, I had no idea about him and how far he'd get. But anyways, not everyone will make it. Only the best and the ones that are really cut out for this will.

As far as Gourcuffs statement about young German players and ours....you can't compete there. The formation and development of a German player is far ahead of ours in every way. That's not to say that we have bad players, but the experience they acquire at a young age plus the training, physical development, mental preparation, and discipline are better than ours. Two different worlds. They come more prepared when they are exposed to the Bundesliga than an ecua when he is exposed to the campeonato ecuatoriano. And by saying that, it explains everything. I like the players Gourcuff named b/c i'd like to see some of them get some international exposure, but at the same time I don't think they're ready to be at their best from the get-go and don't have the experience or mental preparation to do so. Some of the guys you mentioned don't know what it is to play in a big club team in the campeonato, let alone the NT. I'm all for giving them playing time in friendlies though, but when it counts (the WC) we need the experienced guys who have been working together for years and have the skill to take on opponents at that level.
    Calling up an entire new defense as Gourcuff suggested would destroy years of work we have done to consolidate a solid defensive back. Not a good idea.

Out of Mario Pineida, Luis Caicedo, Andres Mendoza, Cristian Ramirez and John Narvaez if we get 1 or 2 guys who are prepared to stay and compete at this level then good, but all of them at once is not going to work. That would turn into a huge fail. In the defense Campos, Achilier, Erazo, Paredes, Walter, and Gabriel Corozo have their spots secured IMO. We need one more right OR left back NOT both (simply b/c Corozo can play either side and even as a center back) and one more center back. So like I said, not everyone is going to make it. As time goes by it will get harder and harder for every player. Bagui I don't think will hold his spot on the NT for too long. He's simply a fill in Rueda has until someone better shows up....and by better I mean talented and consistent and doesn't fall off after one good season whether it's b/c of an injury or whatever the case is. I think Corozo is the only player that will most likely claim his starting spot for the next Qualifier and not Ramirez as some think. If Campos makes his come back we are most likely to play him and Erazo and Hormiga Paredes isn't going anywhere.

Now as far as the friendlies between here and the WC, Rueda is welcome to add on some new faces to this squad and experiment a bit until he fills in the few missing pieces we need in this squad. Besides that we are set.

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I have a bad feeling he will insist on Enner Valencia in Chucho's role, and he won't experiment with all the players that we are calling for like Martinez, Sornoza and Arroyo.

Rueda only experiments when there is no other option. He called up Felipao when we had no other forwards (Ayovi was injured and Chucho was suspended). He started Montero when Chivo Suarez became a sub at Santos. I give him a little credit for bringing stability to the defense. Other than that, he has insisted on the same players playing in the same tactical scheme for the last 3 years. And most of the players he inherited from Vizuete, including the entire midfield and forward lineup (if you include Chucho). When Chucho passed, we had no backup, because we played the same lineup in all of the friendlies.

It's interesting that the future lineup that you guys are proposing includes like 7-8 new players that have ZERO experience at this level. That's not the way it's supposed to be. That's what happened to Paraguay because they failed to prepare the next generation. The next coach is going to have the difficult job of assessing new players and getting them to play cohesively.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well to be quite honest, right now Ener actually does have an advantage over the rest as you said. The reason I'm saying that is because the games he has actually played haven't been bad and have been more on the good side as far as individual playing goes. Now if you wanna look at his collective performance w/ Felipe it has been poor. There's a lack of connection between the two and Ener has that natural tendency of a winger to drive the ball towards the wings or get himself open on the wing and receive the ball there. It's not his fault. That's just the role he's played week in and week out in Emelec. The thing is that now Rueda will give him the upper hand b/c Ener has accumulated experience during important games like the Qualifiers and hasn't done bad. But what WE want to see and what SHOULD be happening is a connection between Ener and Felipe when we attack, which is not happening.

Rueda is the type to insist on a player until it works out. JC Paredes is the best example of that. I'm not saying that in the long run it won't prove to be effective, but the problem is we don't have time to wait and practice it until it works out. JC Paredes had a little over a year until he finally adjusted to the position he plays. Ener doesn't have that time. Plus the NT was undergoing through the initial stages of a process where these experiments are "allowed" (per say) as opposed to right now when the team should be consolidated in all sectors of the field and only filling in a few missing links to go head on w/ full amo to the WC. BESIDES that one position, every other position and part of the field is consolidated IMO, which isn't bad. But like I said, the problem is time. And the players we got: Marlon, JL Anangono, Sornoza, Fidel, and Ener are all guys that have little to no experience playing at this level. Right now Ener has the advantage over them, so it's assumed and kind of obvious right now that Rueda will chose him to start over the other guys, especially since he has already started giving him minutes and trying to adapt him to the position.

If we think about it Rueda has given opportunities to other players but they didn't work out besides Yoya and Yoya IMO is only effective if you have someone with Chucho's qualities around you. Narciso IMO doesn't have what it takes. Now if you analyze each player... (could they play w/ Caicedo?)

Fidel- yes
    Marlon- maybe
    JL Anangono- nope
    Sornoza- yes, because of his qualities he's probably the best option but as far as his experience probably not the best choice yet.
    Ener- neither. he's not a striker. IMO he'll probably stand out but he won't help Caicedo stand out if he plays with him. Similar case with Joao. Felipe needs someone that he can have an understanding with.
    Yoya- nope, i doubt it.

With a 4-4-2 these are the options ^ and it shows how tough it is for things to work out. I was thinking Caicedo could be good up front by himself and have 3 attackers playing behind him but since he doesn't pose an aerial threat nor has the ability to react quick to a center, our chances are reduced. W/ Fidel the aerial game improves which is why I like the ideal of having him up front. He shows up during centers a lot too which is something Caicedo lacks. w/ Sornoza you have someone who naturally breaks in through the middle, has a great long shot, great free kick, scores penalties effectively when you need him to, and is great w/ the 1 on 1's. I just hope Rueda doesn't get obsessed over Ener, but if it works out kudos to him.

14. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone knows any info about the Ecuador vs Bosnia game I keep hearing about?

15. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think your confusing the Argentina vs Bosnia game that is after our match with them. Thought on Futbol Ecuador mentions this will be the last 2 friendlies this year and 3 more friendlies in March and May against European Opposition before the World Cup.

16. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would love to see a rematch in a friendly between Germany and Ecuador or Spain and Ecuador. I think that had we had Fidel Martinez, Valencia and a few other guys playing at their best versus Spain back in August we could have gotten a better result. For some reason though I have a feeling in the draw that we'll get either Spain or Germany in our group, it's just a weird feeling I don't know why lol.

17. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I forgot to mention that in the game versus Spain Chucho's death was still fresh in the air, only a week or two back and many of the players looked demoralized before the game even started I remember. Hell I never realized all the crap that our football team had to endure for a good few months even up until now. Glad we made it through though now we have to get a momentum going before the World Cup.

18. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chiriboga announced that we'll have 3 games againt Europeans countries next year, 2 in March and 1 in May if I am not mistaken, he also confirmed that the 2 games in November will be the last 2 games our NT will see this year, over all that makes 5 preparation games before the World Cup, would have loved to see maybe one more, perhaps play an African team to see how well we respond to the speed of a fast team.
    Going back to the players I posted earlier, I was just throwing names based on who do I think have potential at the moment, 4 years who knows, I am sure Guerrero, Cazarez and Cevallos Junior will get their chance, heck even Henry Rua, Preciado and Padilla might pop up, regardless, I do not think we'll see many changes in our team until after the World Cup and knowing the 23 player limitation makes it hard for Rueda to try anything, theres 6 months still and maybe Sornoza will shine, I am sure a few players will leave Ecuador this December after the championship, Jose Ayovi, Enner Valencia have been placed in rumors linking them to Morelia.

19. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Apparently Montero is rumored to be going to Napoli, Juventus or Inter Milan, if this deal goes through I would love to see Montero is fan base grow larger in Europe, I think a lot of fans there respect the speedy playing style that guys like Montero, Fidel Martinez and Cevallos Junior have. And what's the deal with Cevallos Jr. is there any news on him getting a contract with Juventus or is it more than likely that he's going back to Ecuador? This reminds me that 10 years ago around this time was when el Nine was sold to Porto Fc and to believe we never saw him play even once there, what a shame I really want to see our guys shine in the big leagues of the world like the Colombians and CHileans do.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There's no word on Cevallos if they are going to make the purchase option go through or not. From what I know he does get lots of playing time in the Juventus youth squad (or reserve squad) that he plays on. Let's hope it goes through. All I know is that it's almost undeniable that he has improved this season b/c from what I hear he's physically progressed and has adapted pretty well over there. Cevallos isn't speedy, he was a bit slow before but hopefully he has quicker mental reactions now. In his position you don't gotta have tons of speed you just gotta think quick. I'll be happy whether Juventus buys him or not. If not, then Liga gains a good young player w/ great experience coming back in a position we need to fill now that Vera is retiring. If he stays at Juventus and they buy his rights that's 3.5 mil stacks for Liga to use for next season. That's a win win IMO.

The only reason Jeff will got to Europe now is b/c Diego Herrera isn't his agent anymore lol. Jeff is free of that sh*t. I think he has a new agent that's the same agent of Duvan Zapata and Freddy Guarin if im not mistaken. Those type of agents can get a player like Montero in a good team. That's why now it's more believable that Napoli, Inter or Juventus will actually seal the deal with him. And Morelia made a long list of players that they are interested in from Emelec and BSC. The president of Morelia even took the time to go out to Guayaquil and watch both games as well as other games of the campeonato on TV. That tells me they're really interested. I think the list of players was turned in to Televisia and given as a reference of possible players to sign. Arroyo, Ener, Penilla, Jose Ayovi....all these guys gotta chance to impress right now and make the move to mexico. Either way Arroyo is going back to Atlante and they'll either transfer him somewhere to another mexican team or he'll stay in Atlante, but from what I hear Atlante doesn't want to loan him out anymore to BSC.

21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Part of me really wants to believe the Montero rumors, but I will remain skeptical, besides with the whole limited foreigners policy Montero will have a huge challenge trying to come to a team halfway through the season and trying to earn a spot, I mean Napoli has Britto, Zuniga, Zapata, Armero and el Fefe Fernandez, I dont know ig Higuain counts as foreigner considering hes a french citizen.

About Cevallos, I read here and there that he does get a lot of minutes and I read a recent interview where he says hes happy and feels comfortable, he's even found a lady who cooks Ecuadorian meals for him lol, I wish he'd stay up there, I always saw similarities with him and Ona remember him? they are kindas like younger versions of Obregon, now, I dont know why Ona didnt take off, hes benched in Independiente now, hes still 20/21 years old tho.
    I hope Arroyo stays in BSC, I fear once in Mexico his late nights and indiscipline will put him in suspensions and being benched. in BSC he gets away with it lol, I really want him in the World Cup, to me hes a nice alternative and right now Ecuador doesnt have so many polyfunctional players.
    What do you guys think about Fernando Guerrero? IMO hes one of the best natinal players this campeonato. also can anyone tell me whats happened with Miller Bolanos? the very little hes played in Emelec hes done well.

22. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Britto is an Italian surname so he's more than likely consider a EU player and Fefe Fernandez if Argentina more than likely has some Spanish citenzship so that rules both of them out as foreigners. Our main problem is alot of our guys aren't of European crillo descent which makes our boys harder to find foreign teams in Italy and Spain due to quotas on foreign players..

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What happened to Oña? haven't heard anything of him in forever.

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A lot of players feel a bit shaky about the current stock of agents in Ecuador- a lot just don't make the cut in terms of forward professional thinking, and that's a bit disappointing considering the upward trajectories of a lot of our guys if they just signed with a good team. We need to use this mundial to really seal our deal as a country that can export to nations besides Mexico.

25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Playing in Indeprendiente, hes been benched a lot tho.