Ecuador - Argentina June 10, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Quilotoa, Jun 7, 2009.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just to let everyone know Reasco is not suspended for the game against Argentina so we have no players currently suspended. We are going with the whole squad. Anybody got news on Tenorio or Rojas??

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    last i heard on futbol ecuador:

Rojas is out

Tenorio is okay

3. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lets be realistic here, I don't think we can defeat Argentina on account that we have yet to find a much needed goleador, there is still no Tin Delgado and without a player like him we are simply NOT good enough he was the key to everything his goals(mostly by head) and positining in the pitch is the main reason we accomplished what we accomplished and without that I'm afraid there is little chance of us making the WC. Argentina will go balls out for a win, they absolutely know the imortance of getting atleast a draw and will make sure to not fail.

I hope we get a win but it is really not realistic to think we are good enough to beat Argentina.

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anybody watched the interview with Mostaza Merlo on Fox Sports?

5. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Ecuador knows the importance of this game as well. Last World Cup Qualifiers we beat Argentina 2-0 in Quito, why is it not realistic to think we can do it again? We also played them a game a few months ago that we should have won, yet tied in Argentina.

6. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    good, we beat Peru, but I agree we can't get too confident.
    Peru had a few good players, but most were 2nd stringers.
    Remember, Argentina has 3 strings of great footballers.

Against Argentina we need to score first and open up the game.
    Also, I agree we need to take advantage of playing in the altitude and
    take the game to them like we did against Brazil.

7. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't know man, but I haven't seen us play well yet, Caicedo needs to prove me wrong because noone else will score for us, Benitez not playing remember so who will score? they have Milito, Messi, Veron, Aguero, Macherano great scorers.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mascherano and Aguero are not playing against us....and Messi has big possibilities of not playing either. But it's true, they have lots of strings of great players who can substitute these stars in an efficient manner.

Benitez never scores and our NT doesn't miss him at all. Caicedo hasn't done much to make a difference but his growth these past 2-3 months in the EPL were signs that he's maturing. Hopefully he can show he's changed into a more effective player up front for our NT. We have no other option now that Rojas is injured and can't play so I support Caicedo....he better not fail this time.

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    This is the most probable line up:

Marcelo Elizaga

Neicer Reasco, Iván Hurtado, Giovanni Espinoza, Walter Ayoví

Segundo Castillo, Cristian Noboa,

Edison Méndez, Antonio Valencia

Carlos Tenorio Felipe Caicedo

10. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i wonder how vizuete is going to set up the team this time around is he going to keep noboa or montero in the starting 11? i would like to see noboa in the 11 and montero coming in as a sub, all i know is that we have to win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if we win this one and uruguay loses than im going to sleep better at night !
    VAMOS ECUADOR!!
    I say 2-1 ECUADOR
    Caicedo is going to score in the 40th min than argentina will tie us in the second half and than Noboa will come in and score in the 70th ! :)

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We definitely have possibilites. Argentina hasn't been playing well lately and every knows that. At high elevation they are even MORE vulnerable (90-95% of their players have a hard time playing in high cities). Without Messi, Aguero, and Mascherano they are loosing key players. All of them can be replaced with really effective players, but in reality Messi is the best player in the world at this moment and it is to our advantage that he's not playing. There's lots of advantages Argentina is giving us for this game and to top that off Ecuador is coming really motivated and hungry to this game b/c they know if they win this they have possibilities to be 5th (if Venezuela defeats Uruguay). We are going to have all our key players for this game as well...in other words a complete team minus Rojas, who is injured (who most likely would have started with Tenorio).

If Tenorio plays hard against Arg. like he did against Peru and inteligently positions himself, finishes his plays, and fights every ball like it's his last (like he did against Peru) then we're definitely going to have a dangerous player up front who can score for us. Caicedo has shown grown lately in Man. City and hopefully he can show it in our NT. Our mid is on FIRE, I've never seen a midfield like this from us. It's like theres a new player discovered every 2-3 games. Hopefully our defense (in general La Sombra & Reasco) don't fail us on Wednesday b/c they've been our weakest points lately in the last couple minutes of our games. That's something Vizuete will need to fix (most likely in the last 15 minutes of the game with inteligent substiutions). Other than that, we have big possibilities to win this game....even more than against Peru.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, I think that's the line up for Wednesday...looks pretty good in my eyes...Montero can always come in as sub...the rest is up to Vizuete with the other 2 subs....one of them has to be defensive for the last 15 minutes of the 2nd half since that is when we usually fail lately.

13. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I was thinking the same thing. Besides we had them in Argentina with all their stars playing.

14. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I would sub Guerron, Mina, Montero.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    great subs...all 3 are runners. argentina will be burned out come second half...if we add dudes that will open the field up and sprint by em, they'll be on their heels cuz they won't attack and defend....we just gotta play smarter defense..

16. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Caicedo to me is not ready yet he needs 2 more years, and Tenorio well he only shined cuz of Tin and he doesn't work well as a 9 I don't know why Kaviedes had to retire we need players like him and Noboa to score.

This team has not scored many goals and without a solid defense, which we don't have it's difficult to beat anyone thats 2nd tier and above.

I just want to be realistic about it, it is likely we won't make the points necessary to qualify.:cool:

17. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It doesn't really matter that much who Arg fields against us. I know they will be difficult especially knowing they need to get points. Most of them are predicting a win. We have been poor at home at altitude and teams know how to play us there now. Our guys get tired towards then end and we end up losing games like that. Our players would be better if they were acclimated but most of them are used to el llano.

Tenorio is having knee problems again and he is still getting back to full fitness he won't ever be the goleador we need though. I think we need our midfield to step up and and take more shots from outside. Noboa has looked good but Valencia will be the key I want to see an aggressive Valencia, even selfish at times.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Your right about one thing....long distance shots....we need to be seeing more of those. Especially with the speed the ball travels in la altura. I don't know if it's just me but ever since Suarez left the NT, our players (especially our midfield) don't take advantage of long distance shots. The Ecuador of today takes everything all the way down to the rivals box. Vizuete needs to bring the long distance shots back to our NT. We scored many goals like that last Qualifiers and should consider it an option if we can't get through Argentina's defense.

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oZIZIHYRLc&feature=related"]YouTube - Ecuador - Argentina[/ame]

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    El Diabilito Lara....damn I remember that was his first game in a Qualifiers and he did his thing.

I was hoping Rojas would have been able to come in the 2nd half and do the same on Wednesday.

21. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Here are the odds per Bet365:

Ecuador v Argentina
    Ecuador win: 17/10
    Tie: 11/5
    Argentina win: 8/5

So it looks like the gamblers are calling it close.

My view - we have a good chance, Argentina is playing poorly and lacks confidence since their disaster in Bolivia. On the other hand, we played well against Peru and now have momentum. I also think that our ties against Brazil and Paraguay were unlucky, and they are the 2 top teams in the tournament, so it's not easy to beat them. Argentina is more vulnerable, and will have a hard time shutting us down for the 90 minutes.

22. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Ecuador will not lose in Quito. Our guys know this is a game that needs to be played like a final. We have played really well against the top teams at home.
    We beat Chile 1 -0 who has very good players, we tied Brazil after dominating the game, and we tied Argentina in a game we should have won in Buenos Aires.

I'm going to stay positive with saying we will win Argentina and not mention the "T" word. Ecuador has a great squad, one of the best in ages. I'm confident in our NT because I know they play their best when they play the Argies.

Vamos Ecuador!!! Ecuador 3 Argentina 0

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll take it a 1-0 very happily.

What time is the game. I have to plan my work day around the event...

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    5pm if i'm not mistaken

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I'm going to miss it then...:mad:

I have a business dinner from 5pm to 7pm...and its a "can't miss". Damn!!!!!!