Ecua Girls -part II

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by luis1950, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah doggs... I aint gonna say that... It's that I didn't know you were Ecua.. but in that case.. go on.. I know exactly what you're talking about... no hard feelings bro.

She mos def aint serrana.. and she speaks clear and fast spanish.

2. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Thats right,,,,la belleza manabita en todo su esplendor!

3. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Dude, us mantenses clearly do not have similarities to colombian accents.La lengua de la costa ecuatoriana es igual,en Manabi,Guayas,El Oro and Esmeraldas speak the same.The only one who probably have a similarity to colombian accents is the niches from Esmaraldas.I have had conversations with some of them,and they sound similar to niches from Colombia.
    Funny cause many people can't figure out where I'm from,cause I don't have an accent,I only use my ecua accent somtimes.

4. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant... that if anything... it is closer to it than the serranos's accent. But mos def we have our own accent.. we ppl from up and down the coast just speak clearer, faster, ad louder... can't help it. Weird everyone thinks my mother is colombian by her looks and way she talks.. even colombians mistake her for colombian... but me on the other hand.... I don't have any guayaco (costeño) accent ( I wish I did for when I go to visit Gye)... I was raised here in nyc among dominicans and prefer to talk English all the time.. But I have very good Spanish and pronounciation.

5. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i used to live with some manabitos, and yes they speak faster and louder. but clearer? no way dude..

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol
    you're right...def not too clear

7. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

To me it sounds clear... maybe cus i'm used to the costeño talk ... but no one can tell me that the serranitos talk clear...(without being offensive) but it sounds like they talk like they have a beehive in their mouths. "mizz patronszzito, pueszz sirzzvame el cazzfecito" That's as best as I can try to spell how it sounds to me...I remember when I went to Cuenca ( the first time I ever visited the sierra) this summer for about 2 days as a side trip from my 3 week stay in Gye, I could barely understand the ppl, I really had to try hard to know what they were trying to tell me. My mother tells me it's because serranos have strong indian roots and cus the cold over there plus the altitude makes them talk like that. But yea... Cuenca is a beautiful city.. I loved the landscape in the Andes..

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah its understandable if its a regional difference because I'm from Quito and Guayaquileños speak much faster albeit they're still very understandable...try to listen to someone from Lima...thats just weird...or Dominicans or Puerto Ricans or Cubans..good luck

9. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lmao. that would make for a great scientific experiment: take some costeños and subject them to extreme cold and high altitude conditions. observe how it affects their accents.

but seriously, i would stick with the strong indian roots as an explanation. if you ever listen to people who still speak quichua, it sounds exactly like their accented spanish.

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You guys have to watch "Ratas, Ratones, Rateros". Aside from being an excellent movie, it has a great combination of all the accents you hear in Ecuador.

Let me know if you find the serranos difficult to understand.. the Guayaquileño definitely sounded less clear to me.

11. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LoL... I find it funny how my peruvian friend and his family talk and he is from Lima.. maaaad cantado !!!.... oh yea... I understand dominicans, boricuas, and cubans clearly not to mention having had pr and dr girlfriends.... I grew up with Dominicans around me (I live and grew up in Washington Heights) so I know all about their talk and culture.. the same with Boricuas as my whole schooling from high school till college now has been in the Bronx and many, and cubans.. well my aunt is married to a cuban and I understand his family. But most my family thattmarried other cultures has been to boricuas, colombians, and one cuban.

12. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    jeje good movie...but what happened to posting pu55y?!?! Lolz.. Lmaoo at serranos speaking with a buzz... to me it sounds like we sing.. But everyone has there own point of view..

13. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    one of the chicks from this group called Candela y Son.. I've never heard of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Loco,you probably don't understand becuase we talk with a lot of slang and exageration.Like guayaquileno said,,no disrespect to our peps en la sierra,but la lengua serrana is hard has f!ck to try to understand.
    Y no te hagas,cause if you understand el presi Rafael Correa,than you will def understand la lengua costena.

16. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Same here son,people who don't know my family think we are not ecuadorians,,Thats cause many are ignorants and think all ecuas are suspposed to look the same.I also grew up in the NYC and grew up with mostly ricans,dominicans and cubans,I can throw my little caribean accent and fool many people into thinking I'm from the islands.But I can't never forget my caosteno accent.

17. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Yeah very good movie,and just for your info,,Carlos Valencia the main character from that movie,the guy who always rocked the Barcelona jersey,,is from Manta,,know tell me you guys couldn't understand him??:rolleyes:

18. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    O sh!t son you live in platano land!
    I live right on the other side of the bridges,,Morris Heights.
    I clearly understand what you are talking about.

19. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I never said I can't understand you guys. The question was who speaks 'clearer' Spanish. Put it this way: ask a non-ecuadorian to watch "Ratas". Who do you think they're going to understand better: Salvador from la sierra or Angel from la costa? Salvador hands down man.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    very true

21. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never seen that movie... but maybe it's because serranos talk slower I believe it's called "mountain spanish or high land spanish" I don't know.. but it's a type of spanish accent spoken in the Andes parts of Colombia and Ecuador.

The costeño maybe harder to follow, but not to understand, because it's more caribbean influenced since we use more slang and are louder and faster.. but mos def we are clear when we talk.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Come again?? How is the accent from coastal Ecuador influenced by the Caribeann?? The Caribeann accents have been heavily influenced by Old English, French and Dutch!!

Also, I personally have trouble understanding people I do not follow...I am not sure how there can be any other way around that.

Regarding Ecuador's Spanish...if you are used to one accent (Sierra or Costa) the other will sound strange and might even be dificult to follow even as an Ecuadorian. As far as which one is more difficult to grasp as an outsider?? If you talk to a good ol' fisherman from San Pedro, or an indian mason from Pichincha, they are both going to sound extremly odd due to the fact that their level of education is extremly low and half of what you hear is grammatically incorrect - like their own "ebonics", you might say.

But suppose you speak to someone with an inkling of education - speak to a bank teller in Quito, Cuenca, Ambato, Guayaquil Salinas and Manta. Though there will always be an accent, even between la sierra's Cuenca and Quito and la costa's Manta and Guayaquil - but I guarantee you they will be understandable to the non-Ecuadotian ear.

23. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are mistaken...when I say caribbean influenced I did not mean as in the Anglophone (English speaking countries) such as Jamaica, Aruba,T&B,etc where yes, old english, dutch, french is a base. I meant the hispanic countries from the greater antilles. Personally I can relate my kind Spanish costeño accent more to caribbean than I could ever to a serrano's, which is like whole different way of speaking.. I am not saying its the same, but along the lines of being faster, more slang oriented, and louder,, yes then it is caribbean influenced or oriented how ever you want to put it. I have pr and dr friends who have told me costeño spanish is closer to their spanish while to them a serrano accent is like alien. And yes they do know about Ecuador and the regions, they are educated well rounded non-Ecuas.

24. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    I know exactly what you mean,but let them have this one.They think everybody can understand them,,,um OK:rolleyes:
    Now lets get back to the thread,,,more pics of ecua ladies please.Lo unico que si esta CLARO,es que la costa has some real bad ladies,las mas ricas!:cool:

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And who are "they" and "them" exactly??