Eastern Conference Semifinals - RBNY vs DC Nov 3, 2012

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MUFC19

MUFC19 New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great result? DC was a man down for 20 minutes and NY couldn't generate anything. Shouldn't be happy with a draw.

2. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a great result.

If you told any Red Bull fan we would be leaving DC with a tie they would have gladly taken it.

Win at home and tie on the road. It's the historic formula for success.

3. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ditto...

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What CONCACAF rights did NBC get?
    I agree about the lack of coverage. I was disappointed that WFAN's 20-20 Sports didn't mention that there was a WCQ that night on October 12 or 16 (I forgot which but it could be true for both days).

5. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you Hans Backe? It was an awful outing by the team. Considering how they played it's a great result. But conceeding more opportunities to DC than creating, after they went down a man, is not encouraging.

6. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Just another example of this team not being able to create a thing when Henry is either out or having a bad game, and he had a BAD game on Saturday. Nobody takes the initiative when he's not creating, I know its not Cahill's game but he needs to step up and at least be more involved in that situation.

Its not like we got dominated though, most of the team outside of our 4 attacking players (Henry-Le2-Cahill-Lindpere) did well and held possession for long stretches.

7. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    I am fine with the draw. MUCH less excited with how we played if that makles anysense.

8. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Cooper should started regardless, Miller should never enter the match and we had much better options. Also we had a man advantage and it by watching the game you wouldn't have thought we were a man up.

I think If Cooper entered much earlier and if Miller never had entered the match we come away with a win. Solli would've atleast provided us with offense and his defense isn't any worst than Millers. Miller comes in and gets an OG, Vintage Miller...

cfbest04 repped this.
  9. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. To go on the road and play like crap and still come away with a draw? In the playoffs??? Great result.

10. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The result was good even Great, but the aproach in the last 15-20 min was so so hard to watch. This is where MLS and the Red Bulls lose many fans who are on the fence about our domestic league.

11. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not arguing that.

If you PROMISED me a tie before this game I would GLADLY have taken it.

And considering how poorly we played is was indeed a great "result".

12. Jeddy Rasp

Jeddy Rasp Member

Feb 10, 2007
    out to lunch
    Le Toux started because he's french and Henry (also french) runs that team.

13. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TBH, I think Henry/Cahill was pissed that Cooper didn't pass the ball to Cooper for his second goal. I actually do think Henry had some say in the decision although I don't think he vouched for Cooper.. Knowing Backe henry probably suggested some speed to be inserted in the lineup and Backe took that as a message to bench Cooper for Le Toux

14. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm assuming you meant Cahill there, and yeah there's literally been 5-6 times already since Cahill showed up where he's made a perfect run into the 6 yard box for a tap in and Cooper has failed to feed him the ball.

15. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a heck of allegation.

16. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been infuriating actually.

To be honest I don't know if it's because Cooper doesn't WANT to pass him the ball or he doesn't even know he's THERE.

And I'm not sure which is worse. :eek:

Regardless, LeToux can't even get is f#ckin foot on the ball. He had what? 3 touches in DC? 4?

Cooper starts. No brainer.

17. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I think its the latter, despite being a pretty clinical finisher Cooper doesn't exactly have the highest soccer IQ.

18. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually agree. A lot of times when Cahill is screaming they show the replay and Cooper has got his eyes on the ball and no where else.

19. Jeddy Rasp

Jeddy Rasp Member

Feb 10, 2007
    out to lunch
    Le fook up is a joke of a player. Couldn't make FCD's reserve squad when Cooper was banging goals in right left and center. Le Toux is French, Henry is French, do the math. Henry ran that team while Hans was "in charge"