Eastern Conference Semifinals - RBNY vs DC Nov 3, 2012

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Oct 31, 2012.

1. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and it is still up on the FB page... so apparantly ESC does not care. classy.

2. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you both

greekchampion04 repped this.
  3. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually wouldn't like that. Pearce struggled the only time he has played RB this season and he has been great at LB/CB for us. I think the backline of Conde-Maruqez-Hulk-Pearce is too slow while Lade compliments the others well with his high work rate and pace. I also like the way Lade goes forward, he did a great job at that during the Philly game. Also, DC doesn't have a offensive freak that would bully Lade like Kamara or some of the other teams we have faced. Pajoy is a horrible forward and Pontius isn't the type of forward who would torch Lade.

4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no excuse for that. Everyone enjoys a good natured rivalry but that's crossing the line.

5. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I think it was the second DC game this season at RBA arena, but I was worried about that match up going in and Lade kept Pontius in his pocket all night. Lade is actually a halfway decent 1v1 defender, his immaturity shows when he has guys making runs behind him or when he falls out of sync with the rest of the line, which isn't really the game that DC plays.

6. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have noticed that Lade does get burnt on the offside trap. But I think Lade's biggest problem is when he goes up against players who are physically superior than him(like Kamara) but DC doesn't have that 6'3 athletic freak so I think he's going to be more than fine.

cfbest04 repped this.
  7. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well they have Santos, who gave Dax a real hassle in the home game. That mismatch almost single handedly put DC back in the game after we completely dominated for 60 minutes.

8. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit, Cahill may miss the first leg with a calf injury :(

9. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hello, I come in peace (more or less :cool:), can somebody tell me REALISTICALLY how many possibilities there are that the wednesday game will actually be played at RBA? Because I am not persuaded at all about that

10. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Scusa ho visto il tuo avatar, ma come fai a tenere Napoli e Milan insieme? I loro tifosi si odiano...

11. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Backe is going to stick with the back four we used in the past few games. Cahill being questionable is definitely worrisome. If he can't plan I imagine we still have Tainio and Dax in the middle with Solli wide on the right. That will be a defensive formation for sure. This team hasn't been great on the road so I could definitely see them they try to make things ugly and get out with a draw. That wouldn't be that bad.

12. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Family is from Naples but grew up watching Milan on TV.

13. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    OK capito! :)

14. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I've been without power for five days now and I am now sick from being so cold. The lines for gasoline in my neighborhood stretch for miles and it takes about four hours of waiting to get fuel if you are lucky enough to get some before the fuel runs out at the station. I am living off canned chili and soup because all the food in my fridge and freezer has spoiled because there is no electricity.

Then, I come onto Big Soccer and DC fans are crying about the scheduled game dates getting switched. There is only so much callous behavior before it changes from ignorance to just being evil and DC's fans crossed that line a while ago. I have never seen such disregard for people's well being. Amazing. Valuing a statistically insignificant so-called home field advantage over the opposing team's fans' lives.

Slim_Tim501, cfbest04 and GMangs repped this.
  15. cfbest04

cfbest04 New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is hard to know at this time. Gas is still a huge problem and many sections of NJ are still in the dark. I would not make any definite plans until Tues or even Wed morning if you can. I have tickets right now and have a 40 min drive. I'm worried that if we play on Wed I won't be able to go because of the gas. And if this nor'easter comes many of the repairs that have been completed will fall apart. I would wait if I was you.

16. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would actually like a defensive lineup for the first leg considering the factors, if we can scrape out of DC with a draw that would be good and then we can settle in at home. But getting a goal would be crucial though as the away goal is extremely important. The best lineup would probably be something like this if Barklage is ready to go, but I doubt Hans would go this route even if barklage is healthy:
    ----Henry-Cooper
    Lade-Lindpere-Solli
    -------Dax
    Pearce-Raffa-Hulk-Barklage
    -----Robles
    I think that lineup would easily beat DC

But I think we'll have to settle for this
    [​IMG]

With us playing similar to a empty bucket formation with 2 defensive midfields but with Dax having to freedom to advance
    Raffa will be crucial and his long passing will be needed
    I expect Henry will basically slide back in to the midfield to act like a creative mid or a #10
    I see Lade making runs on the right side all night with Tainio giving the backline coverage

Hopefully, I'll get to see the match :(

cfbest04 repped this.
  17. cfbest04

cfbest04 New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right there with you, it is apparent that things are horrific in the NY/NJ area. We got power back on Thurs, but I have my parents living with us because they do not have power and most likely won't until sometime next week. Neither my wife or I have had work because both places are without power. My in laws on LI don't have power and probably won't for a while. I know people who have lost their entire homes. I know people who have had gas stolen from their car. And if things don't change soon and if this nor'easter does come, it will get dangerous around here. Everyone of us would trade this perceived home field advantage for the Red Bulls, for things to go back the way they were a week ago.

18. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with the lineup, especially with Cahill out for the first leg. Also their is no away goal rules in the MLS playoff so we don't need an away goal, though stealing a win here would be spectacular.

cfbest04 repped this.
  19. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I bet you that he will go like this:

.................Henry.....Cooper
    Lindpere...........McCarty.............Solli
    .........................Marquez
    Lade....Conde....Hulgerslush....Pearce
    ........................Robles

20. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's the case than that lineup is perfect and I do think that lineup has the capability to score some goals as well.

That lineup is disastrous and knowing Backe he would put something like that on the field. But I don't see Backe benching Tainio for Conde

21. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Been reading some of the DC forum. Bunch of c----.

22. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you just figured that out :ROFLMAO:
    though Philly fans are catching up to them quickly in the c--- levels

23. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and you are all so classy:

[​IMG]

24. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not saying anything is right about your Chico guy passing. We have had much more death and destruction up here but its cool when you talk crap about it.

25. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no, its not cool for anybody to talk crap about it.