Eastern Conference Semifinals - RBNY vs DC Nov 3, 2012

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Oct 31, 2012.

1. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    Think about it.. 2 teams each playing 1 match at home. Do you REALLY think that is some sort of real advantage?? You really dont need stats to figure this one out.

This is just something MLS sells the fans to make it seem like there is a benefit for finishing in the higher spot.

2. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yeah a few people have shown me that this is the case, but there's evidence that shows it both ways and obviously the higher seed will go through more often than not. Either way, the manner in which several DC's fans are going about the issue is callous, insensitive, ignorant, and in some cases downright insulting.

Sorry, I just don't put enough stock in the advantage gained by playing the second game at home to warrant making comments like "it was just a little rain" or accusing NY/NJ resident of being "entitled" as many have in the thread on the MLS N&A board.

3. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody is going to show up at the Wed game anyway. People will still be flooded, still be without power and transportation will still be a nightmare.

Also...it's a wednesday night game. I don't care if it's the playoffs. We don't sell those games well.

DC fans are scum.

4. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    True dat. It has 7,000 actual (14,762 announced) written all over it.

RB Arena does nicely on Saturday night matches... But THAT'S IT. No other times or dates do well.

And yes, of course they are DC Scum. I just popped on their board to remind them of such.

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm going to be surprised if that many can make it and I wonder if things will even be up and running by Wednesday - so not sure how much of an advantage it is for us.

But I'm okay with DC fans venting about this on their boards - that's sort of the point of venting - it isn't always rational. And just will make beating them that much sweeter.

6. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is bull shit . To me home field I
    Advantage is playing at home first game. You can win FIRST you have the advantage FIRST

7. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    No shit. Ask Chelsea what they thought of Barca's HA. Chelsea took care of business in the first game which forced Barca to scramble in the 2nd game. Brilliant.

8. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this switch is more of a benefit for DC. As other posters mentioned RBA will probably be empty due to the aftermath of the Hurricane while DC would've did horribly with their attendance on a Wednesday, atleast they can get a decent crowd for their Saturday match and actually get some type of home support.

9. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Airfare from Albuquerque, hotel in Newark & ticket in RBA Sec 126 Row 6 Seat 31. Check check check! See you then #RBNY

Just finalized. I'll be there. 2nd time. can't wait

Rooney20 repped this.
  10. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Are you comparing RBNY to Barca?..... The consistence of Barca on his turf has been phenomenal the last 10 years or so, RBNY has been shiiit....So between DC and RBNY isn't vantage at all, who ever play first and last don't make a difference, they are and will still the same shiiit....

11. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Backe doesn't mismanage this playoff series....:unsure:

12. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the DC Sniper missed one....

13. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    They're kind of a tough team to game plan against because they move their guys around so often. Lade held Pontius in check last time we played which surprised me, hopefully he can do the same again. The high pressure they've been going for the past two games could be effective against Kitchen, who I think is easily the weak point of their midfield.

14. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    What are you, something like 8 years old?

cfbest04 repped this.
  15. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Some ESC'ers may be showing DC hasn't cornered the market on lack of perspective. I hope ESC makes it clear this isn't what they are about. For those of you that don't know - Chico was a valued member and moderator of BigSoccer who passed away - he was a huge MLS supporter who did tons to help fellow fans. Shameful.

jamison
    Empire Supporters Club

[​IMG]

JeremyEritrea repped this.
  16. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Dude, that is about the only irrational NY fan I have heard so far. It has been nothing, but constant barrage from MANY DC jerkoffs whinging like it is nobody's business. I consider NY fans being quite incredulous in the lack of perspective shown by DC contingent and rightfully so.

17. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'd also like to point out that this kind of shit is not OK with the vast majority of NY fans either:

JeremyEritrea and dark knight repped this.
  18. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Except only 1 out of 5 have a problem with it in the comment section. They others are cool with it. And I haven't seen any DC fan posts that were this bad.

19. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    That is just one sample. One! Go look all over DCU forums or related forums. They are like the Chinese at Chosin Reservoir. They just keep coming and coming.

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Show me one as offensive as this one and I'll concede the point.

21. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Does posting entire count?

22. Backe to the top

Mar 8, 2010
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Team line up. Will Hans slot Conde in at LB and move Pearce out to RB? I think he might.

23. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Conde is playing Id do that. Anything new on Barklage?

24. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I still can't see Hans messing with the back line so long as they're getting shut outs. Plus Pearce looked god awful on the right side when he played there against Houston, by far his worst game he's played for us. That might have been because he was coming off of injury, but even so he just looked uncomfortable distributing from that side because he's so left footed.

25. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to stay out of this thread until I saw that horrible shit that Brent Gamit posted, and that members of ESC actually liked on FB.

Chico was a very good friend and was one of the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life.

I thought Brent was a decent guy, who I know through our mutual support of US soccer. But I certainly don't feel that way anymore. There's rivalry, then there's what Brent posted, which is beyond the pale. Disgusting.