Eastern Conference Semifinals - RBNY vs DC Nov 3, 2012

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have at it people

2. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I vote for no home game this sat.

3. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS has switched the order. D.C. will now host Saturday, NY will host Wednesday (both 8:00 starts).

4. DCWarrior

DCWarrior Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw you Pink Cows.

5. Slim_Tim501

Slim_Tim501 Member

May 19, 2010
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love you too.

6. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you think of DC?

Shit

What do you think of shit?

DC

7. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe I still have to wait a couple days for this game to happen. Very excited about this match-up and our chances to make a run for some reason.

8. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS had a tough decision to make but swapping the order of the games was really the only viable alternative.

9. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    HOLD ME BACK!!! HOLD ME BACK!!!

10. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can make the wedding and game now! Can't wait.

11. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The seeding switch is, of course, like Flintheart Glomgold indulging his developmentally disadvantaged, ugly son by giving him the reins of the company rather than putting it into the hands of the far more handsome, intelligent and qualified hard working guy who did all the work to make the company perform successfully.

Hey, I hope your trophy room wasn't too badly dama...awwwwwwww

12. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    DC United fans are the biggest fukking babies in the world. I have lost all respect for those fans. I mean who cares if half of New Jersey is underwater at the moment. Them's just minor details. It is funny reading their own forum discussing the merits of the damaged areas of Hoboken, JC, Newark as being overblown. All that home field advantage nonsense they are wailing about. Ask Chicago how that worked last night. Perspective people! No one cares about first world problems when you got half of New Jersey trashed by a hurricane. Get a grip and accept the fact in life sometimes shit happens and there is nothing you can do about it.

13. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, MLS did have a tough decision.

While I love that DC got screwed over, it wasn't the only viable solution.

Giving DC both matches or making RBNY play the home leg in Philly were equally viable.

DC lost their home field advantage. They should be pissed but it is only an advantage up until they start playing the game. If the game were played in NY on Saturday and RBNY beats DC 4-0, home field likely wouldn't mean much on Wednesday. They can whine about it now, but when it comes time to play, they have 180 minutes to prove they are better than NYRB.

NFL and MLB teams have been forced to move in the past.

14. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I don't remember anyone feeling sorry for Saints losing their home field after Katrina. Life's a bitch and deal with it.

15. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    What is this "lost homefield advantage" bullshit, aren't we still playing one game at each stadium? Last I checked both teams are in the exact same position, but DC fans think this is reason to downplay the destruction caused by the hurricane and throw self serving, "woe is me" hissy fits? I've never cared about the rivalry, but wow what utter pieces of shit those guys are. Despicable behavior that any rational, DECENT human should be ashamed of.

16. ongreystreet

ongreystreet Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks they moved this weekends Giants game to Pittsburgh.

17. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Did you lose your binkie? Your silky bwankey? What a bunch of babies you guys are.

18. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Other events have been postponed or cancelled too, including the opening Brooklyn Nets game against the Knicks. But sure, go ahead and assume the MLS is using one of the, if not the most destructive storm in the area's history as some conspiracy theory to ******** over your team.

19. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    And in case anybody is wondering, there is no statistical advantage over playing the first leg home or away: http://epub.ub.uni-muenchen.de/11483/1/tr080.pdf

But please, tell the people of NY/NJ who just had their lives destroyed why you deserve our sympathy....

20. Slim_Tim501

Slim_Tim501 Member

May 19, 2010
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If home field advantage was the worst thing they lost this past week, then I would love to switch places with them.

21. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Dude, first world problems are more important than some mere hurricane wreaking havoc. It is only water, right? DCU Rube mentality:Home Field Advantage >>> Hurricane Sandy damage. What a bunch of gutless assholes from DC.

22. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have any information on a possible supporters bus/tickets for this Saturday's game?

23. Don't Tread on Me

Aug 11, 2010
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the level of sanctimony here is pretty amazing.

i'm going to turn lemons into lemonade and try to make it to the away leg now since i can't make the home (i work weekends). i've never been to your stadium although i've heard it's very nice so i'll choose to see this as an opportunity. here's hoping they get everything back to as normal as possible and i expect the same welcome from you guys at RBA that you're going to get at RFK. ;)

cfbest04 repped this.
  24. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    Home field advantage in a 2 match series?? Oh jesus. Who cares. Its pretty sad that people buying into there being any real advatage at all.

25. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I thought in MLS historically the second leg home team has won the series more often than not?