Pre-match: Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1, DCU @ FC Creamsicle

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by JeremyEritrea, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know which airline it is, but usually the $75 charge is per trip (not per leg) if you book with miles less than 21 days prior to your trip

2. Murr

Murr Member+

Apr 14, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    DC United
    Called in twice this week. <stupid Garber/snow>

3. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, I understand man, but you are right there, in HOU-city or however it's called! Just resign then! ;)

stangspritzring and JeremyEritrea repped this.
  4. Allan Quatermain

Oct 23, 2001
    The Lost City of Gol
    Club:
    DC United
    I've been to both DCU debacles at BBVA this year. They have been abortions (thanks Bill Hamid for attacking someone in the box and being sent off in the first 20 minutes!), but the stadium is actually great. I will make my way down from Dallas on Sunday morning with one of my kids. We'll take the MegaBus and will likely drink heavily. He is seven, so he'll be much drunker than I will be. I plan on being stewed before kickoff in the event the game truly sucks, as every DCU game I have ever witnessed in Texas has turned out to be. With luck we will only be down one goal going back to DC and I will not have soiled myself. Odds of either happening are slim -- two goals down is close to certain, and I have already soiled myself this evening, so all bets are off.

5. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can a couple of you chime in on how big of a downgrade it is for your team to go from Hamid to Willis in goal (if its a downgrade at all)? The times we've seen Deric in for Hall, there's be no noticeable difference in quality.

6. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Sorry, Mr. Kinnear, you're going to have to pay for that MLS Live account after all.

sitruc, freekickwiz, DonJuego and 2 others repped this.
  7. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    All these injuries and suspensions plus the crazy turnaround is going to bite us in the ass eventually.

8. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap. It posts outside of Rivalries?!

MagpieFan, Q*bert Jones III and Levy2k6 repped this.
  9. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Hang around here long enough and URWormfood might crawl out too.

cougarclaws repped this.
  10. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I can't wait for tomorrow. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a soccer friendly sports bar in Wilmington, NC, where my wife and I are visiting my sister and BIL this weekend? I'm assuming most sports bars will be showing NFL games tomorrow at 4:00

11. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Not a big downgrade. There's certainly some reaction saves that Hamid makes that Willis will never make. But Willis may be the overall more disciplined keeper. I certainly wouldn't expect Willis to go out on Sunday nervous and scared. He's had plenty of minutes this year, and the PK save this week should boost his confidence

cougarclaws repped this.
  12. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    Not to disagre, as I was not there, but the stadium looked like crap on TV v KC in round I. Throwball lines all over the place along with the turf looking like clydesdale stable.

13. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    United/Delta, the $75 is per booking. I had to split the airlines each direction in order to make the times work. On the 18th leg that was 4 seperate bookings because United would not let me access my wife's "miles"on-line. Over the phone they would for you guessed it, a $75 fee! Never tried Delta as I assumed it was the same or similar.

14. BTFOOM

BTFOOM Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    MD, USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Just saw this tweet:

##DonGardnerMLSupremeLeader: Weather forecast for Houston is 80 degrees with light rain. Due to extreme weather conditions, mLS will switch home games again. First game (DC Home game) will be played in Dallas (Cowboys Stadium) - you know D-Dallas, D-D.C., so no problem. Will provide DCU fans with two taxis and 6 "Buy 1, Get One Churro" during Houston home leg.

15. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    From conspiracy room; Only two playoff teams finished below the Gals, Vancouver and Houston. There are two one match winner take all rounds. The Gals already got Vancouver at home, so is the league trying to help them get Houston with the retro on Najar?

16. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    You're right, Garber "made" Andy throw the ball at Marrufo.;) If the petulant child just took his yellow and walked away, he would have played in Harrison and in Houston tomorrow.

17. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Willis is a swinging gate. You should have no problem putting three or four past him. He especially can't handle the like of Ching in the attack as he fades when pressured or contacted in the box. Weak on corners, crosses and outside-the-box shots. Even he admitted the PK stop on Cooper was just "dumb luck" rather than any error on Coops part. His distribution is poor. Most of the time he tries to lay it off to a defender just outside the 18. And you probably want to get him moving the ball with his feet in the box as he's not an accomplished dribbler. If I were you, I'd find the Charleston Battery board and ask how Andrew Dykstra did there on loan, since you'll probably see him before the start of the second half.

The ref situation:

#HOUvDC BBVA Compass Stadium (4:00pm ET) R: R.SALAZAR A1: C.LOWRY A2: P.MANIKOWSKI 4TH: G.GAMBLE
    #LAvSEA The Home Depot Center (9:00pm ET) R: J.MARRUFO A1: F.ANDERSON A2: C.ROCKWELL 4TH: S.STOICA

Thx,

Jay!

sitruc repped this.
  18. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    You forgot to add that he's blind in one eye and has nerve damage in his right hand that prevents him from gripping the ball.

sitruc, jwgreen40 and Levy2k6 repped this.
  19. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    notsureifserious.jpg

20. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya, faint "playoff" lines as we call 'em are inevidable, and the turf has been taking a beating in its first year with the aggressive marketing of the new digs by the owners (who supposedly are "independent" of AEG owners)

21. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldnt be any lines this week... Last game played at BBVA was the Semi-Final with nothing scheduled til sunday!

22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    It took the better part of two seasons for RFK to get rid of the lines for one bowl game played in December.

Thx,

Jay!

23. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Salazar and Marrufo? I can only assume this means Okulaja will be reffing the MLS Cup Final.

jwgreen40 repped this.
  24. Petworth Posse

Feb 24, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Whatchoo talking 'bout Willis?

25. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Nevermind. I didn't pay attention to details. I thought those were the refs for both legs of our series.