Dynamo Stadium News VIII: TSU Agrees to Become Tenant

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csdynamicfan

csdynamicfan Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, i don't recall that happening with Reliant stadium....which was in large part paid by tax payers $$....unlike our dynamo stadium deal. :mad:

2. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually, like other people have said, all the stadiums here have taken a long time to get approved and they all were in serious jeopardy at some point. But you're right, this one should be a no-brainer since it costs the tax payers next to nothing.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When does the agenda for the Harris County Commissioners Court meeting come out? I presume we'll know if it is on the agenda for the 28th.

Though I've kind of started to think that a mid-2011 opening may work out better for folks who get seats in different areas than now at Robertson as they'll only be there for half a season and can kind of "try-out" the seats for half a year. It would kind of suck to upgrade or move to a different section and hate the seats and be stuck there for a whole season.

4. NDS10

NDS10 Member

Mar 18, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    way to try and find the bright side Cosmo! I just want the darn thing confirmed and open asap . . .

5. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The agenda comes out the Friday before the meeting.

It does not appear to be on the agenda - however I'm sure that some here will be pleased to know that July 28th is going to be designated as Commissioner Sylvia R. Garcia Day.

http://www.co.harris.tx.us/agenda/2009/07-28-09ag.pdf

I believe that this is going to happen - meanwhile enjoy some music in a football stadium
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_UM57cGitI"]YouTube - take that - patience[/ame]

6. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not on the agenda? I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.

7. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

8. BerlinTexas

BerlinTexas Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Why does she hate America? Doesn't she know she's letting the terrorists win?

9. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So when is the next meeting that it won't be on after the 28th? Didn't OL say at the end of summer?

10. bogey55

bogey55 Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Kingwood, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next meeting is in 60-90 days.

11. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    One of the Houston TV news stations reported that the stadium deal was being held up by the county president and El Franco Lee (sp?) saying that the county was asking for things entirely unrelated to previous discussions. The stated / intimated that it is a well known fact that the county president and Mayor Bill White have mutual dislike for one another and that it was being held up by the county as a way of countering White.

Sounds like supporters need to start bringing pressure to bear on the county.

12. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    County President??

We have a County President?

13. camicia arancione

Jan 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was on 13. I don't think he said anything about a county president, he said it was "county commissioner El Franco Lee" and Bill White who did not get along. The rest of Ace's recounting of the story is accurate from what I remember (I was a little toasted when I saw it).

14. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody's always mad at Silvia but to me El Franco Lee is a bigger problem. He's always come out against the stadium, and has said he's not in any hurry to put it on the agenda. And he has no email address, if I were one of his constituents I would be pissed.

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Franco hasn't gotten his shakedown dollars yet for the project (and before Don Juego comes running in to defend the County Commissioners, all of these County guys are crooks, Republicans and Democrats alike, with the exception of Ed Emmett, at least to me).

Not sure the Dynamo have any leverage at all so this will languish along until someone breaks the stalemate.

16. BerlinTexas

BerlinTexas Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I know some guys that are good at breaking things. Maybe they can convince him.:rolleyes:

17. Munchlaxatives

Aug 13, 2008
    Houston
    In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill our stadium. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Harris County can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Franco!

18. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody who was at the game with me was talking to a friend there who has a friend with the Dynamo F.O., who told them that there is a big announcement on Monday. So big they couldn't say what it was about.

Could it be.... the stadium?? Could it be..... Joseph Ngwenya? Could it be.... that Bandido is suing the team for copyright infringement for the latest posters?

But they promised it was big.

Tune in Monday.

My guess.... Ngwenya. My dream.... the stadium.

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By big, do you mean "Sigi Schmid big"?

Maybe they will announce the distribution of the 2009 media guides to STH?

20. bogey55

bogey55 Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Kingwood, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they'll announce that an announcement is coming in 60-90 days.

21. Munchlaxatives

Aug 13, 2008
    Houston
    Holden signed to a new deal?

22. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging from the Clark thread and assuming the newest information is accurate, my guess is that Clark is moving to Livorno for 4 million Euros but he won't leave Houston till after the Dynamo's season ends.

23. pankfish

pankfish Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

That would be anti-climatic. There is a thread in MLS N&A that Garber will make a big announcement at the All Star press conference. Since Dom is going to be at the press conference I'm thinking that the announcement is something that's going to affect the whole league.

lol speculation.

24. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your statements don't need a defense. They speak for themselves.

25. KRAZYKAT

KRAZYKAT Member

Jul 12, 2008
    South Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait let me guess .. DOM is leaving us !! FO is signing a Latin American Player !! Dynamo is moving out of town and moving to Fort Bend County !!
    FO will let Ade go !!! STH get a campanion ticket !! :D