Dynamo Stadium News IX: Groundhog Day 9.0

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by flippin269, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aight, here we go. This is a running off off VIII, available here:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944109&page=45

Right now, the Houston Dynamo are in negotiations with the Harris County commissioners for a new stadium in downtown Houston, and are very close to a deal. Just to recap, here's where things stood when 8.0 started back in Feb. 11, 2009:

MyFoxHouston:

2. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Where's our stadium?!

3. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why isn't the stadium somehwere safer with more parking and less urine in the streets, like Sugar Land or Pearland?!?!!???!!?

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time we drive into a game, 30 minutes into the trip, with at least 30 minutes to go, we pass the Sugar Land site and say "man, we'd be at the game by now." And the stadium would probably already be there, and it would be cool.

But still, if it will ever happen downtown, I'll be happy.

5. ishabuu

ishabuu Member

Apr 6, 2007

But then 45-60 minutes into my trip, I'd wave at Robertson Stadium and wish that I was still going there, instead of having another 30 minutes to go. :p

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

7. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but imagine what huge tracts of parking we could have with a stadium out in Sugar Land!!1!!!11!!!1! Vast parking lots isolating the stadium from anything or anyone else around it!!1!!!11!!!1!

8. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    BREAKING NEWS........

The Dynamo have agreed to impose a 60 day deadline on the City and County to finalize this agreement. If they haven't finalized an agreement in the next 60 days, then they are planning on imposing another 60 day deadline. If that fails, expect another 60 day deadline.

:)

:)

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If no one has ever mentioned it to these two politicos that with all their stalling and waiting, even Texas Southern is effected as their Athletic Department can't assure future opponents that their game will take place at the new downtown stadium.
    This effects their bottom line, recruiting and overall marketing of their team to their own student body and alumni.
    So by holding out it effects two football programs that really want to start making future plans.
    Way to go Sylvia. Your lack of effort continues to confuse even the TSU faithfull.

10. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt Oliver say that the deal is agreed on, and that the lawers are only putting it on paper? He said it takes a month or so to do this, for some reason. Have we forgotten this or do we not believe him???

11. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, I've completely stopped following this topic.

It'll happen when it happens.

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been so many versions of the story and what is going to be done and when it will be done that many have lost track of what version of the truth we are dealing with. I believe he believes he is telling us the truth, it's just the folks who promised him that the deal would go thru must have been a bit off on their timeline.

Until it comes up for a vote with Harris County Commissioner's Court, nothing will happen unless the deal is changed or altered to remove the County from it (not likely at this point).

Write it on the board in chalk: 1st game in the new stadium, Thursday, March 29, 2012 on ESPN 2.

13. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, I'm getting skeptical that the deal will ever get done. I'm completely apathetic to it all. The stalling, delay tactics, repetition, and posturing has beaten me into apathy.

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You speak for most on this I think. I figure we are about 60-90 days away from the talk about "well, city elections are coming up" . . . "don't want to burden my successor with any deals . . . I'll let him judge it" (ex-Mayor White), etc.

Just focus on having the best time possible at Robertson until 2012 or whenever

15. Dynamo442

Dynamo442 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Houston, Tejas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Construction materials are arriving on site. Looks like a load of 4" maybe 6" PVC pipe. There's also some rough lumber.

Their going to dig a hole - this might be piping to feed the settling tanks for pollution control. They pump muddy water out of the hole into the tank, siphon off the clean water and haul away the clays left behind.

It's sitting on the side of Bastrop St. about dead center of our new Soccer pitch. That's about the same area where I went out with my tether and my Nike boots and spent a half hour or so striking the ball in the shade of the one forlorned and lightning-struck tree on that part of the site.

All in the heat of the morning before heading over to Lucky's to watch the road match at TFC. It was an excellent workout and a pretty good game since we took a point on the road. I'll always remember it, DeRo scored but refrained from his customary dance out of respect for his old Dynamo team mates. I love that guy, a first-rate gentleman - from now on he can celebrate all he wants.

The Pipes showed up last week sometime. I work nearby and eat lunch at Kim Hung market. I always make the loop through the stadium to see what's happening. And it's happening, so take heart!

16. Goldenstick

Goldenstick Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Bridge City, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow...That is somewhat encouraging!!

17. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow, if the lightning would have struck while you were out there... you would of gotten superpowers like messi... :D (referring to the nike f50 commercial)

18. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah and you could have built the Dynamo stadium all on your own :D ...still had time to kick some people in the butt for playing dirty...:cool:

19. Dynamo442

Dynamo442 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Houston, Tejas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, funny story - true story that actually happened! I'm fielding offers from Europe now. I'm the next big thing!;)

on the bottom of Messi's shoe.

20. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad:
    They got approved in less time..
    [​IMG]
    hell the Mayan Calender will run out before we get a crib.

Let's face the fact... when it comes to the county , the Dynamo are at the bottom of the totem pole.

21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes. It has moved past the lawyers, on both sides, and the deal is just sitting there. The land is there. The banks have come on board and the funds are all lined up. Contractors have submitted their bids and the green light for them will be given when the go ahead comes from City Hall. It's all waiting on the agenda for the council's proverbial rubber stamp. What that final hurdle includes is anyones guess.

Forgettaboutit will ya...I trust Oliver and always believe him.
    I am confident we will open up 2011 in our city's new Dynamo Park so in the mean time we all just need to follow our guys, follow WCQ, enjoy the games and stay positive.

22. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, but they did get it built and the fans showed up. It just takes a while.
    [​IMG]

23. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you got to have fun with this mahn.. it's gonna happen.

I think a few of the guys in the picture came over from Europe and enslaved my peps...

:eek: jajaja

24. El Diva

El Diva Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Section 106
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This topic has been discussed ad nauseam, however I have never heard mention of a possible sponsor, other than Radioactive power drink. While I'm not crazy about Radioactive Stadium, home of the Houston Dynamo :eek:, their sponsorship could expedite building. Enough Radioactive power drink and the stadium could be built in 60-90 days. LOL

25. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D