Dynamo Stadium Episode II: The Stadium Takes Shape

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Astros have 24 ounce Shiner in BOTTLES for $10.50. I would expect that to be a HIGH limit for any of their Texas premiums at BBVA.

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like for the white guy in the Pride rainbow-colored Mexico jersey with "Marquez" on the back playing rugby with the homeless folks.

Or just look for the guy in the Weinerschitzel outfit

3. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Member

Nov 26, 2008
    You've actually gone off the deep end, haven't you? You're rambling and ranting has gone nearly incoherent lately...

I'm worried about you old git.

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I won't get into the parking cost issue (well, since all of you will be taking MetroRail in the future!!) and comparisons, etc. But if everything is as successful as most here maintain it will be, parking will go up in the future at all of the lots. And I did sort of get used to the extra free ticket so having to pay for a full 4 now adds to that and should be backed out.

But total up the actual expense out at the end of this year vs. last and see where it may land. I suspectthe outlay for most will be twice what it was last year. I know, I know, if you got cheaper seats and hitchike to the game and eat free at the Dynamo Street deal, etc. it is the same cost.

My point is, where at Robertson the expense wasn't really considered I think for many, now you've got a more expensive outing in total that the team and everything around it has to meet that expectation. They very well might. You've got a year maybe 2 of newness factor.

5. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lmao

6. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing good about Pizza Hutt park was the $4 24oz Tecates.

I'll spend $8 at Spec's for a 6er of Bombshell Blonde and then top it off with #7 for $10. That mug will have me acting a fool in the supporters section waiting to catch tricks slipping and not singing. :D

7. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know where to post this but who wants a ticket to the opening game? I just got one extra ticket. PM if you want it and we could work out a deal

it is Section 234, Row AA, Seat 6...better yet it's my season ticket for that game

you can also text me at 832-576-8871. Let me know who you are :)

8. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I agree with you that I never really considered the cost of pretty much anything at the Rob, and I will certainly be spending more this season in various ways. But I also realize that by renewing early etc. I have had either a price freeze or a free ticket for the last several years. I feel like the club made a solid effort to keep our costs down in the past. I'm not going to complain too much about the increases.

9. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SOLD...I got no more extras as I sold mine this afternoon

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another good thing there is the free parking.

11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has to be remembered that staying at Robertson was not an option. It was a new stadium or move the team.

So three time the fun is irrelevant. This is the real price of the fun. I don't mean to be picking an argument with WSC, he is right in the viewpoint of many fans. But most fans are into their reality not the teams reality.

Having said that, if the earlier prices turn out to be accurate I'll be a bit disappointed only because we (on the all powerful FAB) were told that they were committed to keeping the prices relatively down.

Perhaps I am naive as to stadium pricing elsewhere.

12. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    So, a goal is being installed... am I the only one relieved to see that it looks like it will be one of those fancy goals with a big ole net, not those temporary goals we had at Robertson?

13. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. What I really like is that it looks like they are using the full 120' length.

14. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    40-yard-long pitch? wow, and our opponents only THOUGHT Robertson was a bandbox!

15. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two weeks!!! ¡¡¡Dos semanas!!! ত্ব বীক্ষ !!! Deux semaines!!! Две недели!!! بعد أسبوعين!!! 二個星期!!!Zwei Wochen!!! Twee weken!!! Δύο εβδομάδες!!! Due settimane!!! 2週間!!! สองสัปดาห์!!!שבועיים!!! hai tuần!!!

16. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel he same way.

17. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I was down there this morning-they were doing a lot of landscaping on the East side and were power washing the VIP lot.

18. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Power washing the VIP lot...Well done FO! We can't have those Prawn Sanwdwich types getting pebbles in the tyres of their chauffeur driven Bentleys.

19. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

true-but I am more concerned about getting the food trucks back there. CAN'T RUN OUT HOTDOGS during the match!!!

20. tigerheadsaints

Sep 1, 2010
    League City, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lines are being painted!!

21. j315k

j315k New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Looks like the Dynamo's tradition of keeping a narrow pitch will continue. I know the camera lens provides a bit of distortion, and you can't put the touch line right next to cement, but it sure looks like it could come out a few more feet. It would make for better soccer if they could. Of course, they could have had the lines out a bit wider at Robertson, but chose not to. I guess they think it's to their advantage.

22. stagnant

stagnant Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Not surprising, but looks like we're going the Galaxy route with a mile between the first row of fans and the touch line. Kind of disappointing, but it's not like I'll be sitting in down close much anyways.

23. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sit in the front row so in kinda upset.

I really enjoyed heckling/taunting/yelling at the players...

It's as if I have an outcome in the game by calling them scum or encouraging them

24. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see your point. But whatever helps the Dynamo continue to be an effective home team is worth it to me. So long as they are winning, they can keep the field however small they want it.

25. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought it was time to update this with some relevant information for the Grand Opening coming up.

Link!